Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      vchenoah
      Participant

Our own Ninjitsu wrote this! I love it and begged for permission to post it here! Thanks Ninja for the words & letting me post! You have no idea how much you inspire others, myself included! For the record, this information transcends religion & race!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHY BACKBITE

We all do it, consciously and unconsciously. Some of us have more
      control over it than others, but the fact remains, we all commit this disgusting sin.

Lately,
      it just seems so impossible to escape from the people who consider it a
      hobby. Oh, “She said this because she doesn't know any better…”–And
      you do? Well, you sure are showing it. You know better by sitting there
      and wasting your time backbiting about her? And you're obviously enjoying giving away your good deeds! Way to go!

Backbiting–
      I don't seem to understand the importance behind talking about who said
      what and who did what and why they did it and how they're stupid…all
      it does is piss me off! Because the closest people to me do it, and no
      matter how many times I yap about how it's wrong and how it's like
      eating the flesh of that person, no one seems to listen. And it's
      getting to me. I find the young kids telling the adults that talking
      badly about another person is haraam! Even the kids understand!
      Honestly, it's frustrating!

Safeguarding the tongue is one of the hardest
      tasks because talking is so easy, but I think it comes through
      practice, just as everything else does. (don't you just envy the mute?)
      Some of us give up too quickly and some of us just don't want to work
      on ourselves…but we never know when we'll leave this world and in
      what state we'll leave it. Honesty, do you want to depart this life
      while your drowned in the sin of just backbiting alone…not to
      mention the other sinful acts we all commit? Think about it…before
      it's too late and remember…

Our Beloved Messenger Salla Allahu Alaihi wasallam says:

“Indeed a servant may say A WORD
      from which Allaah's pleasure is gained and the servent does not realise
      it, Allaah will raise him up levels. Indeed a servant may say A WORD
      from which Allaah's displeasure is gained and he does not realise it,
      Allaah will put him into Jahannam due to it”– Narrated by Abu Huraira
      (RA) in Sahih Bukhari

–that just emphasizes that we should be
      careful regarding what we utter, because saying even ONE word can
      either cause Allah's pleasure, or wal iyathu billah, cause His
      displeasure, and we should always abstain from that. The reason we, the
      Muslims, are where we are today is because we give little attention and
      care as to whether the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth is pleased or not.

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant
      Quote:
      Backbiting– I don't seem to understand the importance behind talking about who said what and who did what and why they did it and how they're stupid…all it does is piss me off! Because the closest people to me do it, and no matter how many times I yap about how it's wrong and how it's like eating the flesh of that person, no one seems to listen. And I find the young kids telling the adults that talking badly about another person is haraam! Even the kids understand! Honestly, it's frustrating!

Quote:
      Honesty, do you want to depart this life while your drowned in the sin of just backbiting alone…not to mention the other sinful acts we all commit? Think about it…before it's too late and remember…

cannot bold these words enuf…

I do hope that ppl who do indulge in this act sees this posting and dat they take heed of their actions and the negativity caused and make amends

LIFE IS SERIOUSLY, LITERALLY ( FOR A FEW ) TOO SHORT TO BE WASTED BACKBITING ..ESPECIALLY TALKING ILL, AND CAUSING PAIN TO PEOPLE WHO GENUINELY LOVE AND CARE FOR U IN RETURN..

WHY HATE WHEN LOVE IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL FORM OF FEELING???

I SAY HATE BECAUSE A SIMPLE FORM OF BACKBITING LEADS TO THE VERY ACT OF EVENTUALLY FILLING ONES HEART AN LIFE WITH HATE

HARSH WORDS FROM ME..BUT HAVE SEEN THIS..ON MANY!!!

STOP!!! TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR LIVES AND LOOK WITHIN…. HONESTLY

WHY ARE WE HERE??

WATS THE PURPOSE AND ARE WE FULFILLING OUR TRUE PURPOSE

TO GOD, TO OURSELF??

WHY CAUSE PAIN TO ANOTHER ….IN WHICHEVER WAY..NOT JUST BACKBITING OR TALKING ILL

WAT ABOUT THINKING ILL??

MY 2 CENTS WORTH AS USUAL!!!!

Yemenilicious
      Participant

Ness- Smile I'm glad you found this beneficial, hunn. Thank you for taking the time to post it here as well, it means a lot Right Hug.

Scarry ji- You're right, I totally agree. Backbiting is such a dirty sin…yet you find sooooooo many people engaging in it. IZ NASTY *baba ali moment*. rofl where is Rani when you wanna crack an inside joke?!!! Big Smile

I love you guys!

and scarry–I got your email hunn, I'll reply to it as soon as I can! Thank you soooooo much for caring, you have no idea how much it means to me!!! As I had no one by my side, first thing I saw was your email, I felt so much better! Right Hug much love ji!

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant
      Quote:

I love you guys!Smile

Quote:
      where is Rani

hmm wer is she?

Quote:
      I had no one by my side

bakwaaas..u have meeeee..as far away as I am…..will always be there..u hear me

Quote:
      I felt so much better!

yumzRight Hug be kewl mah angel…

Yemenilicious
      Participant

Scarry- I've said this a million times, haha, but i dunno, for some reason, I'm really really missin' you!!! Right Hug

Can someone explain to me, how can people have soooooo much hatred in their heart? Are they for serious? It's hard for me to process. For some reason, It's always seemed….impossible to me. And when I witnessed it, I was quite… Indifferent

woah.

Unique_Princess
      Participant

Its a question I wish I had the answer to aswell. Its always seemed impossible to me too. I believe we all have compassion and understanding in us, but some people just choose not to 'tap in' to that side of themselves. How they do it, I don't think I'll ever know…. nor do I think I want to know how a person can be so hateful… its truly their loss. To know that you've made someone as happy as they can possibly be is a beautiful feeling… for someone to never feel that… well, I pity them.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

There have been quite a few people who revealed hatred towards me…but it never mattered to me because I thought to myself “as long as I didn't do anything to hurt any of them, then I have nothing to worry about.” And yet another question arises…do people backbite about others because they store hatred in their hearts towards them? Though they might never reveal the fact, they can be the bestest of buddies when they're together, yet they can still talk about each other, you know? I've experienced that too. I've never been upset about what someone said about me, Alhamdulillah. Because of the fact that it's often not truth. sometimes it is, but those are things that a person can always work on. No one is perfect, we must continue to work on our flaws. Insha'Allah. It's just the idea of “backbiting” that ticks me off so much. I mean I might do it at times too, we all do…without realizing at times…it's stupid.

We're humans right? we're created in the best of forms. we were given a brain to USE and think with. we were given a heart to USE and be merciful with. But we just don't take advantage of what we do have.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

In the midst of a hiring, The Interviewer is forced to choose between two employees.

The Interviewer: Well you both have some solid applications.

Tahir: Thank you!
      Ibrahim: Thank you!
      The Interviewer: however, I'm going to give the edge to Tahir here…
      Tahir
      : Yes!

The Interviewer: With that being said, I give Tahir the Paradise Seal of Quality. Congratulations.
      Tahir: Wahoo!
      *The door bursts open. A mysterious looking man walks in, whispers something into The Interviewer's ear and walks back out*
      The Interviewer: Oh I see. I guess this changes everything. Can I have your applications back? I need to make some changes.
      *The Interviewer takes out a red pen, scribbles all over the two applications and hands it back to the interviewees*

Tahir: What the? You just scribbled out all my stuff…
      Ibrahim: …and added it to my application. Thanks!

The Interviewer: Congratulations Ibrahim. You're hired!
      Ibrahim: Oh thank you thank you!
      Tahir: Hey! I thought I was hired!
      The Interviewer: Your application sucks Tahir. Barely has anything on it.
      Tahir: But you scribbled it out! LOL!
      Ibrahim: LOL!
      The Interviewer: Don't LOL me. I don't have time for losers like yourself.

*The Interviewer kicks Tahir out of the office*

Tahir: Damn it! You idiots! I'm the best damn guy in the world!

*Suddenly, a mysterious looking person arises out of the mist*

Charlie: Salam effendi.
      Tahir: Who are you?
      Charlie: That is irrelevant… the question is what are you doing out here?
      Tahir: I got the boot. The Interviewer betrayed me and hired some moron instead. I hate that Ibrahim. He's so stupid and conniving and …
      Charlie: Whoa, whoa, whoa!
      Tahir: What?
      Charlie: Didn't you learn anything?
      Tahir: Of course not. Was I supposed to learn something?
      Charlie: Sigh.

*Charlie takes Tahir inside a mysterious looking building*

Tahir: Where the hell are we?
      Charlie: That is irrelevant… the question is have you read the Charles Dickens story called “A Christmas Carol” or seen the movie?
      Tahir: No I don't celebrate Christmas. The Imam at my mosque told me not to be affiliate with Christmas at all.
      Charlie: That's a pity. It's a good movie. Anyway in the story there is a Ghost called “The Ghost of Christmas Past”…
      Tahir: I thought ghosts were part of Halloween?
      Charlie: No. Wait yeah they are but…
      Tahir: Isn't Halloween Haram as well? My mosque made a program called “Halaloween” to encourage kids to do Halal things. LOL @ title of Halaloween.
      Charlie: Yeah yeah it has nothing to do with Halloween. Anyway, technically I'm like the Ghost of Christmas Past. But to make it easier for you we'll call myself The Ghost of Eid-ul-Fitr.
      Tahir: So you're a jinn?
      Charlie: No! Okay listen forget all this ghost crap. Just call me Charlie.
      Tahir: Are you a revert?
      Charlie: Just shut u

vchenoah
      Participant

Oh my word Ninjitsu!!!!!!!!!!

Beneath the humor (and that was hilarious!!!) lies the perfect truth! And that truth is for ANYONE!! Any religion, any sect, any group, any man! It transcends our divisions!

Thank you! I love your lessons! 😀

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

OhmyAllah! That was soooo funny, Ninja!

Halalaween! LMAO!

I loved the part where the guy is like, “I woulda said it to his face. I'm a man like that.” LMAO! And the “Are you a jinn?” “are you a revert?” LMAO!

Totally hilarious guy! And Masha'Allah, he had hekka good deeds too! If only he didn't backbite about Ibrahim, his good deeds wouldn't have went to Ibrahim. That is so crazy, Ninja.

On a more serious note:

I loved our talk about it last night. Smile (We sure do talk a lot about backbiting, na?!)

Sayyidina Hassan Basri (Rahmatullahi Alayh) was informed that a certain person was making gheebat (backbiting) about him. On hearing this, Sayyidina Hassan Basri (RA) sent a tray laden with fresh dates to the person. A message was also given to him from Sayyidina Hasan Basri (RA) “I hear that you are giving all your good deeds to me. This is a small gift in return.”

Sometimes we fail to realize how serious backbiting is and that our good deeds are truly given away.

Thanks for the reminder, Ninja. Smile (MAN! I MISS BABA ALI! “This is Ali reminding you just in case you forgot“)

Yemenilicious
      Participant

I know, we do talk about backbiting a lot. Smile

and I love that hadith!!!!!!!! I said what Hassan Basri (RA) said to my aunt today. rofl cos she be talking crap about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Angry

vchenoah
      Participant
      Quote:
      rofl cos she be talking crap about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Angry

Conjugate you verbs or Boo ma, brandishing her red pen, will find you!!!! *shivers*

Yemenilicious
      Participant

lmao!

I refuse!!! *hides from boo ji*

vchenoah
      Participant

Ok then…it's open revolt!

*pulls up a chair* VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Oh. My. Allah.

This video scared me so much. I was literally shivering and cringing and if it was any longer, I would have cried.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R91RlFVjLOw

Ya Allah…

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EaiYwf1cHD4

Baba Ali rocks my worllllld! Big Smile

Yemenilicious
      Participant
      Quote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EaiYwf1cHD4

Baba Ali rocks my worllllld! Big Smile

He rocks mine too!

His movie is coming out September something… I think! Errrrr, what the heck! I can't wait that long! lol

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

lol! YOU?!?! What about miss impatient over here?!?!? Stick out tongue

Did u see the video I posted before this?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.