Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      noni
      Participant

hi guys

i wanted to ask what the special typical indian things are (small and big ones)

i am driving through whole india and wanted to buy many special things i can get there..

thanks for any suggestions

noni

Mukesh
      Keymaster

theres sooooo many things i wud get from India

like their materials, absolutely gorgeous fabrics -)

the beads thats used on the Saree's etc and more fabric and bangles and more bangles

I wud get statues of Indian Deities,u knw those heavy brass types for my temple at home Wink

Mukesh
      Keymaster

I will visit the temples/shrines and all the other monumental places – make the most of my visit

by having as much fun as I possibly can, take tonz of pics – seeing as pics speaks volumes -)

I will visit the villages, learn more about our true Indian culture/religion/beliefs and bring that back with me

to share with everyone I know

Mukesh
      Keymaster

I will take the train and get a seat on the roof, coz Srk looked soo hot doing this in Dil se, hehehe

Honestly though, material things, u can find anywhere in the world – regardless of where it originated,

u dnt have to be in India to get the Indian clothes, food, movies, jewelry etc …yeah its by far cheaper than many countries

but consider bringing back value, knowledge and understanding from your visit …it would last longer than any of the above materialistic things one

can purchase with moola…jus my opinion …am sure everyone here will give u more hints on what to purchase

good luck and make the most of your trip

cheers

noni
      Participant

i understand that and my soul is tanked from my last trips. indian
      has also materially many specialities and i mean not the common things

sarees etc.. and i want to get known of those specialities…

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Hi Noni. Smile My sister's best friend might be going to India in March, I think…and If I wanted her to get anything for me, I would ask for a small Taj Mahal. Big Smile Maybe you can get one too?

boo
      Participant

you little angel… for some strange reason that i have no explanation for, your post made me want to cry…

i love you… Right Hug

Khushi
      Participant

Boo, my feelings exactly… Big hug to rani for being the angel she is! mwah! ok ok… big hug to my boogedy as well, u both monkeys are much missed! if i were to go india, as someone who hasnt been before, i would probably buy coconut! they sell the green ones with water in it on the streets and they cut it out nicely n all and its amazing! hehe, ima bit wild right now so tht was a bit wild of an answer, but i loved ranis idea!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Boo- I love you. Right Hug

Khushi- Right Hug I love you too dii. 🙂

serioComic
      Participant

boogedy…thats cos u r losing it up there!

nitzah
      Participant

how is it possible to lose something which she never had ?

boo
      Participant

good point nitz… oreo ji me thinks i am BORN insane…!! Big Smile

nitzah
      Participant

look at the bright side….atleast you can blame your stupidity on your insanity 🙂

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.