Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      taniya
      Participant

cud u pleasee help me out? i need these translations as ive got a project on it and it is so important… 25% of my music gcse!

shakera1
      Participant

Hi Taniya, I got this from bollywhat.com

jhan nana jhan jhanaa ki jhaanjhar baje.nge re aaj The cymbals clash
      Tana Tan TanaaT ma.njiira baaje The cymbals ring and resound
      khana na khan khanaat gorii ke ka.ngana aaj The beauty’s bangles tinkle
      jhana na jhan jhanaat paayal sa.ng baaje and her anklets jingle along with them.
      sar par chunar oRHe niklegii aaj raadhe Wrapped in her veil, Radha will come out tonight,
      laharaa laharaake gopiyo.n sa.ng undulating with the gopis (specifically, the milkmaids devoted to Krishna, Radha’s true love).
      kaanhaa ke piichhe piichhe taan koii khiiche khiiche Stretching out behind Krishna,
      muDlii se barsaa’e bhaasur tara.ng scattering out in a shining wave.
      dhartii aur voh gagan jhume.nge sa.ng sa.ng The earth and sky shall rock together.
      sab pe chaDHega aaj prem ra.ng The splendor of love shall overwhelm everyone tonight.
      ra.ngiin gulaal hoga socho kya haal hoga There’ll be multicolored powder; just think of the state we’ll all be in!
      naache.nge prem rogii dham dhamaa dham dham The lovesick will dance, thumping and stomping!
      dhaakilaal dhaakilaal dhidakit dhidakitdilaal
      baaje mrida.ng dhan dhanaa dhan baaje The double drum will sound, thud thud!
      chham chhama ki jhaanjhar jhan jhan jhamaat ki The cymbals will clash in a glitter
      ghu.ngruu ghan ghan ghanaat ki The ankle bells will jingle and rattle,
      jhama jhamaa jhamaake clash and jangle.
      ae baaje re baaje re baaje re baaje re DHol baaje Hey, beat, beat, beat the drums!
      baaje re baaje re baaje re DHolii taaro Strike, strike, beat the drum!

Chorus:
      DHol baaje… Let the drum sound!
      DHol to dham dham baaje DHol Let the drum roll!

Chorus
      chhorii baDii anmol This girl is incredibly precious
      miiTHe miiTHe iske bol aa.nkhe.n iskii gol gol gol gol Her words are sweet; her eyes are wide [lit.: round]
      to dham dham baaje DHol So let the drum sound!
      haa.n haa.n chhora hai naTkhaT Yes, yes, this boy is a rogue!
      bole hai paT paT He’s always talking!
      are chheDe mujhe bole aise bol to dham dham baaje DHol Oh, he provokes me with such talk; let the drums sound!
      baaje re baaje re baaje re Resound, resound, resound!
      Chorus
      rasiilo yeh ruup taaro chhuluu.n zaraa This beauty of yours is irresistible; may I touch?
      are naa No way!
      are haa.n are haa.n haa.n haa.n Oh yes, oh yes, yes yes yes!
      raat kii raanii jaise ruup mera mahaka sa My beauty is fragrant like that of the queen of the night;
      mahaka saa mahaka saa mahaka saa fragrant, fragrant, fragrant
      uDegii mahaka mujhe chunaa na tuu kyo.n bahak sa My perfume will dissipate into the air; don’t touch me! Why are you so out of control?
      paas aa jaa merii raanii Come to me, my queen.
      karo nahii.n man-maanii Don’t give into your heart’s desore!
      karuu.nga mai.n man-maanii Yes, I will indulge myself!
      karuu.ngii mai.n shaitaanii Then I’ll get you back for it! [lit.: I will be wicked/naughty]
      ke DHolii taaro Strike the drum!
      Chorus
      chorii baDii anmol This girl is incredibly precious
      miiTHe miiTHe iske bol aa.nkhe.n iskii gol gol gol gol Her words are sweet; her eyes are wide.
      to dham dham baaje DHol So let the drum sound!
      haa.n haa.n choDa (chora?) hai naTkhaT Yes, yes, this boy is a rogue!
      bole hai patpat He’s always talking!
      are cheDe mujhe bole aise bol to dham dham baaje DHol Oh, he provokes me with such talk; let the drums sound!
      Chorus
      dham dham DHol baaje baaje re DHol baaje dham dham… Let the drum roll!
      ha.ngaama ha.ngaamaa ho gayaa hai ha.ngaama ha.ngaama ha.ngaamaa maa maa maa re… It’s become a commotion!
      dham dham DHol baaje… Let the drum roll!
      baaje re DHol baaje dham dham Strike the drum, let it roll!
      dham dham DHol baaje baaje re DHol baaje… Let the drum roll!
      dham dham Dum dum!

<br

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.