Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      desi kudi
      Participant

Hi guys! Smile [:)]

watched The Rising on Friday thought it was really good! its a historical movie based on freedom in India, how it all began by Mangal Panday played by Amir Khan. I thought it was really well made, was interesting….

i luv that song…’Main Vari Vari’….Rani Mukherjee looks fab!!

let me know what u guys thought of it….

xBig Smile [:D]x

Sparki
      Participant

Cool, yeah i hope to catch the movie soon! There was an article about the movie in the Dail Mail (UK) but they were reporting that the views about slavery and something else i dunno they were going on about East India Comapany, not being correctly portrayed in the movie!? I dunno wat they were on about anyway.
      But looks like an interesting film to see nonetheless.

Meneh Tujse Kiya Hai Pyaar, Taan Maan ME RAKSAM..!!!

“Main toh khelugi… Mein toh chedugi…;) xxxx!”

TuHeTuMeriJaan

llchamakll
      Participant

ohhh that sounds really interesting, i really like Rani, so im sure the movie with be great

––—(•·÷[Måïñ Äãvååz Høøñ Tø Tû Hãî Géèt Mëêt Mërã•-)•––

boo
      Participant

yes, it is true that the movie is an extremely inaccurate representation of what really went on, and the film admits so itself. it even says that some of the characters have been made up (namely heera and jwala).

so if you’re looking for a FILM to watch then it is an alright movie (the sudden bursting into songs was a bit too much for me!), but for a HISTORICAL REPRESENTATION of the rising, it should not be used.

Music is not just a P A S S I O N for me; its a necessity

ramz89
      Participant

i havent seen the film but the song ‘main varivari’ is brilliant! its so unique and has a certain devdas touch to it!

..:Aisi nazar se dekha…us zaalim ne chowk par
      Humne kaleija rak diya…chaaku ki nowk par:..

Ozia
      Participant

i love the songs but the movie well it was not my type….very historical

To Handle Urself Use ur Head, To Handle Others Use ur Heart.

{Ozia}

Nazneen21
      Participant

I thought Aamir Khan did a fabulous job with his acting. His intensity is conveyed to the audience through his eyes. He was definitely the best part of this movie! Of course, Rani’s dance number was great, although I dont think it did justice to the song. Not saying it was bad, but could have been better, in my opinion. 🙂

What do you guys think about Amisha in this film?

Sparki
      Participant

i havent seen it yet but i really like that main varivari song too, the music is really good. is it ar rahman?? i like listening to it, i dont know if i like watching it, i have to see it in full to decide. 🙂

Meneh Tujse Kiya Hai Pyaar, Taan Maan ME RAKSAM..!!!

“Main toh khelugi… Mein toh chedugi…;) xxxx!”

TuHeTuMeriJaan

Nazneen21
      Participant

The music is AR Rahman, I think.

arcoampm
      Participant

I HAVE NEVER SCENE “THE WORST” MOVIE THAN THE MANGAL PANDEY
      FUKC THEY FUKC THE RANI’S IMAGE HEY RANI YOU SHOULD NOT DO THIS FUKCINF ROLL BUT AMIR KHAN IS THE WORST ACTOR IN THE WORLD. AMIR SHOULD BE SHOT

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I haven’t seen the movie but i cant wait to see it cuz Rani is in it..Wat were they saying about Rani and Amisha’s roles? That they were supposed to play each other’s roles but something happened or was it Aish they were talking about? I am sooo confoosed….Someone help!!Big Smile [:D]Big Smile [:D]

**Chup ke se aap ki dharkan mein uthar jayenge, raahe ulfaat mein aaj hadh se guzaar jayenge,Toot ke aap hume es kadar jo chaahenge, hum toh baahon ki panahon mein bhigal jayenge..**

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.