Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      guyjaidarsingh
      Participant

Hello, as you can figure no hindi 🙁 can someone translate this song for me

Madhu
      Participant

It always helps to provide the lyrics first. I know that when I have a few minutes I will come and translate a song here. However, if I have to go hunt for the lyrics first then I am likely to skip the one without the lyrics and translate one that had lyrics posted. Also, you might not be aware of this since you seem to be pretty new here but if you look in the main section of this website, they post lyrics and sometimes the English translations are included. In this case the lyrics for this song were there but not the translation. However, when you click on translation request it brings you to the forum.

Any way this time I did look for the lyrics and here they are:

dum dara dum dara mast mast dara  dum dara dum dum
      oh hum dum bin tere kyaa jeenaa - o my love, what is living without you

tere bina beswaadi beswaadi ratiyaan, oh sajna - without you my love, these nights are tasteless
      rookhi re oh rookhi re, kaatore kaate katena - they are dry and rough and just will not come to an end
      tere bina beswaadi beswaadi ratiyaan, oh sajna - without you my love, these nights are tasteless
      dum dara dum dara mast mast dara dum dara dum dum

naa jaa chaakri kaa maare - don't go for your job
      naa jaa souten pukaare - don't go even if my rival calls you
      saawan aeyega toh poochegaa - when the month of saawan (monsoon) comes it will ask
      naa jaa re - don't go
      pheeki pheeki beswaadhi yeh ratiyaan - flat, tasteless these nights
      kaatore kate naa kate naa - just will not come to an end
      ab tere binaa sajnaa sajnaa kaate kate naa - now without you my love, just will not come to an end
      katenaa katenaa tere binaa - just will not come to an end without you
      tere binaa beswaadi beswaadi ratiyaan, oh sajnaa oh - without you these nights are tasteles, oh my love
      (dum dara dum dara mast mast dara dum dara dum dum

tere binaa chaand kaa sonaa khotaa re - without you the moon's gold is flawed/defective
      peeli peeli dhool undaawe jhootaa re - it blows a yellow dust which is false
      tere binaa sonaa peetal - without you gold is just brass
      tere sang keekar peepal - with you even wild weeds are the peepal tree (peepal is considered good to have in your garden)
      aaja katenaa ratiyaan - tonight will not just end
      dum daraa dum daraa mast mast daraa dum daraa dum dum

rookhi re oh rookhi re, kaatore kaate katena - they are dry and rough and just will not come to an end
      (dum daraa dum daraa mast mast daraa dum daraa dum dum

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.