Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kimeala
      Participant

Hi,

Could anyone translate the track Sharoukhe from Adnan Sami's Kisi Din CD please?

Many thanks indeed

Kim

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

It is faster for someone to translate the song for you if you provide the lyrics. Smile

Kimeala
      Participant

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer. Unfortunately, I don't have the lyrics as they are not provided with the CD. Thanks anyway. Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I googled the song, couldn't find “sharoukhe,” but I did find “jharonkha” on this website: https://desitouch.com/song/Jharonkha/1328

So I typed out the lyrics from listening to the song on that website, hope it's the right one.

Aankhon ke jharonke se, chup ke,
      From the balcony of your eyes, you quietly, (A jharokha is a type of overhanging balcony used in Indian architecture – taken from google)
      ijaazat bina liye, dil churaaya dhoke se, chup ke
      without asking for permission, you quietly stole my heart by deceit
      O saathi mere [2]
      O my companion…

Mere sapno mein, tere khwaab hai aate
      Your dreams come in my dreams (I dream of you)
      Meri raaton ko beqaraari dey jaate
      They (your dreams) give my nights restlessness
      Ab jiya lage na tere bin ek lamha
      Now I don't like living without you for even a moment

ijaazat bina liye, dil churaya dhoke se, chup ke
      O saathi mere [2]

Meri saanson mein, teri sandhli saansein
      Your sandhli (I think sandhli means velvety) breaths fill my breaths
      mujhe bhoole na, teri madhbhari (? Sorry, I didn't understand what he said after this)
      I cannot forget your madhbhari (I think madhbhari means intoxicating)…
      zindagi beete na, tere bin ab tanha
      My life doesn't go by without you, all alone

ijaazat bina liye, dil churaya dhoke se, chup ke
      O saathi mere [2]

Kimeala
      Participant

Hi there,

Thank you so much! You are absolutely right – the script on my CD insert is kind of “spidery” style so I wasn't reading the letters correctly. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me – it was my late husband's all time favourite so it means a lot to me to have you translate it. (My late husband was Asian so obviously he knew the meaning, but had never gotten round to translating it for me!). Anyway thanks again and kindest regards Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

You're welcome, hunn. There's always someone who has a sentimental attachment to a certain song and need the translation for personal reasons, and I'm so very glad that for some reason I really wanted to find the song and translate it for you. I even downloaded a bunch of plug ins on my laptop to play the song from other websites. It's absolutely amazing the way things work sometimes. SubhanAllah. Smile I'm glad that I was of some good use to you. Smile If you need anything else, let me know, I'll do what I can. Smile

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.