Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      Yemenilicious
      Participant

Bismillah…

Ramadhan is in 4 days or so. According to when we see the new moon Insha'Allah. I can't wait, I really can't. I love everything about Ramadhan! I was meant to post this thread on the first day of Ramadhan, because I was talking to Tayba about it. But I can't wait and I thought I might mention ways to prepare for this blessed month Insha'Allah! First, for all the members of the forum, I'm going to quickly summarize what Ramadhan is all about. Smile

IMPORTANCE OF RAMADHAN:

• A chance to improve our connection/relationship with Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala/Increase our Imaan.
      • A month in which we train ourselves. We get used to only doing good and abstaining from evil. Training our lower self.
      • All the doors of Jannah (Paradise) are opened during the Month of Ramadhan
      • All the doors of Jahannam (Hell) are closed
      • Shaytan (Satan) is in chains. (YAYYYYYY). I LOVE IT!
      • Ramadhan is not just about not eating and drinking, it's about abstaining from all the evil. From everything that displeases Allah Subhanahu wata'ala. From the smallest sins. From backbiting, slandering, hurting others, wasting time doing useless things that displease The Creator, even talking nonesense. It's about increasing the good deeds and worshipping Allah as much as we can!
      • A chance to get rid of our sins. The Prophet of Allah said (not exact words) that “whoever fasts Ramadhan with full imaan and sincerity, Allah will forgive his past sins.” And in another narration: “He who stays up the nights of Ramadhan with full Imaan and sincerity, Allah will forgive his past sins.” What more do we want? SUBHANALLAH!
      • Ramadhan is the month of the Qur'an. This is the month which holds a night that is greater than one thousand nights. Laylatul Qadr (The Night of Power). On this Night, the Qur'an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad Salla Allahu Alaihi wasallam. The Qur'an was revealed bit by bit through Angel Jibrael (Gabriel) over a period of 23 years. It holds everything that every human being needs to know. And on this Month…it was completely revealed. And Since that day, not a word…not one letter has been ultered or changed. SUBHANALLAH.

PREPARING FOR RAMADHAN:

• Make the intention from now, that everything you do, every deed, all the special nafls/acts will continue EVEN AFTER RAMADHAN. As we all know, we do our best during Ramadhan. We gain so many good deeds. And then as soon as it ends…Just look at what we do on the day of Eid alone…as soon as eid comes, we are back to our old selves. As if we did nothing different the day before. By Allah, if we all knew the blessings and everything that Ramadhan holds, we'd wish that the WHOLE YEAR was Ramadhan. But what can I say, shaytan overcomes us. And…on to the next point:
      • Get used to not having shaytan in your life during Ramadhan, b/c YAY he's chained! We all have enemies in life and the biggest enemies we have are our lower self and Shaytan. Notice, that during Ramadhan, Shaytan is not there and also b/c of the fact that we're fasting, Our lower self doesn't really matter. We don't have to deal with our desires so much. So Allah Ta'ala takes care of both of those things. So it's our chance to train ourselves and purify our nafs during Ramadhan and get used to shaytan being away….and not influencing our actions INSHA'ALLAH!
      • Start the good actions from now, get used to it. Because often, we do our best the first day of
      Unique_Princess
      Participant

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! Masha'Allah!!!!!!! May Allah SWT reward you for this. Insha'Allah. Ameen!!!

Man I can't wait either. 4 daysssssssssssss!!!!!! I wanna do so much duaaaaa!!!!!! and I LOVE the atmosphere!!!!! its BUZZING! Alhumdulilah!!!!! How I wish I was in Saudi Arabia doing Umrah this Ramadan! It must be a 100000 times better there!!!!!!! awwww! I love watching the Taraveeh Namazes live from Makkah on the Islam Channel. So beautiful! makes me teary! lol. Yes, Insha'Allah we'll write blogs! it'll be so cool Insha'Allah!!

Everything is just so much more special in Ramadan na? Our connection with our Creator becomes so close… Alhumdulilah. The feeling is unexplainable… *feels awe*

Early Ramadhan Mubarak everyone Big Smile.

Unique_Princess
      Participant

You know what else is amazing? When I do my sehri you'll have just finished your iftaar or be praying Taraveehs. And when you do you're Iftaar, I'll probably be waking for my Sehri. Subhana'Allah….!!!

kavita_0026
      Participant

Ninja, it was educating to see your information about Ramadan. Now I understand a bit more what its about. Question : What does Bismillah mean? I've heard it before but I dont know what it means. Another Question: One is to abstain from everything bad during Ramadan ? ..So everyone becomes “better” than they were before? .. .What happens to those who dont? And……….. when Ramadan is over… it goes back to how it was?

Yemenilicious
      Participant
      Quote:

Ninja, it was educating to see your information about Ramadan. Now I understand a bit more what its about. Question : What does Bismillah mean? I've heard it before but I dont know what it means. Another Question: One is to abstain from everything bad during Ramadan ? ..So everyone becomes “better” than they were before? .. .What happens to those who dont? And……….. when Ramadan is over… it goes back to how it was?

1. Bismillah means – In the name of Allah.

2. yeah we become better people. it's sorta like a time to improve ourselves.

3. If you don't…then Allah will deal with you. because its compulsory upon every mature sane Muslim to fast during Ramadhan. And the ruling is…if you miss one day of ramadhan without a reason (i.e sickness, old age…because those ppl are excused and also a woman on her period is not supposed to fast or pray either…but she has to make the fasting up after Ramadhan ends. for the days she missed only) you have to fast 60 consecutive days just for missing one day without any valid reason.

4. Some don't…some remain as good. others, sadly enough, act like it never happened. that's why i'm saying, we should continue on even after Ramadhan Inshallah.

(I hope that made sense Smile)

kavita_0026
      Participant

Hi, thanks for the answers.

But – how do you know if someone is actually becoming 'better' during Ramadan? How long is Ramadan? 1 month right? I have heard that girls going through that time of themonth is excused. When you see Muslim people during Ramadan, how do you know they are 'better' ? I mean ofcourse you are devoted and many Muslims are – but what about those who dont? And by that – I mean..you cant do bad things like..lie ..or not fast? What other things cant you do?

I got to go now , so I will surely read your response later. Mwahs take care

Yemenilicious
      Participant
      Quote:

Hi, thanks for the answers.

But – how do you know if someone is actually becoming 'better' during Ramadan? How long is Ramadan? 1 month right? I have heard that girls going through that time of themonth is excused. When you see Muslim people during Ramadan, how do you know they are 'better' ? I mean ofcourse you are devoted and many Muslims are – but what about those who dont? And by that – I mean..you cant do bad things like..lie ..or not fast? What other things cant you do?

you can't do anything that will displease Allah Ta'ala. things like backbiting, arguing, slandering, going places where you shudnt go, seeing things you shouldn't see, listening to things you shouldn't listen to, cursing…and so forth. And it doesn't really matter if YOU know if the person is good or bad, what matters is what Allah knows…and He knows everything Smile

Yemenilicious
      Participant
      Quote:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! Masha'Allah!!!!!!! May Allah SWT reward you for this. Insha'Allah. Ameen!!!

Man I can't wait either. 4 daysssssssssssss!!!!!! I wanna do so much duaaaaa!!!!!! and I LOVE the atmosphere!!!!! its BUZZING! Alhumdulilah!!!!! How I wish I was in Saudi Arabia doing Umrah this Ramadan! It must be a 100000 times better there!!!!!!! awwww! I love watching the Taraveeh Namazes live from Makkah on the Islam Channel. So beautiful! makes me teary! lol. Yes, Insha'Allah we'll write blogs! it'll be so cool Insha'Allah!!

Everything is just so much more special in Ramadan na? Our connection with our Creator becomes so close… Alhumdulilah. The feeling is unexplainable… *feels awe*

Early Ramadhan Mubarak everyone Big Smile.

from Saudia? that Taraweeh sheikh is pimp! his voice makes me cry every time. Subha'Allah!!

I know!!!! it's beautifulll!!! Right Hug

early Ramadan Mubarak loserina!!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Bismillah…

Subhan'Allah!

Alhamdulillah, Ninja, that was a beautiful post about Ramadhan. Smile May Allah (SWT) reward you well, Insha'Allah.

I cannot wait for Ramadhan!!! I'm soooo excited! Especially since this Ramadhan will by my second Ramadhan as a better Muslim. Smile

All my other Ramadhans, I used to just not eat, I didn't pray my daily 5 prayers, I didn't do any extra reading of the Qur'an, nor did I do any extra worship. My mom would get so mad at me, she would say, “You have sealed your mouth from the food, but you continue to do the bad. Allah doesn't need your hungry stomach if you're not going to pray or read the Qur'an and abstain from the bad. The point of Ramadhan is not to be hungry, it's about coming closer to Allah (SWT)” Back then, I didn't understand…but Alhamdulillah, now I do. And Insha'Allah, this Ramadhan will help me become better. Smile

Allah is Most Merciful. He will forgive someone's sins, if that is His will. We just need to ask for forgiveness.

So you see, Kavita. If Allah (SWT) wants to guide someone, He will. Just as He has guided me onto the right path. Smile

Also, I would like to add, Ramadhan is divided into three parts. The first ten days of Ramadhan are the days of Allah's Mercy. The second ten days of Ramadhan are the days of Allah's forgiveness. And the last ten days of Ramadhan are the days in which Allah (SWT) frees people from the Fire of Hell.

I would like to post a video that my twin made for last Ramadhan. It is beautiful. Smile

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j27AHojX0oU

Early Ramadhan Mubarak, everyone! Smile

Yemenilicious
      Participant

Alhamdulillah, I'm so glad Rani Smile

I realised that for me, every Ramadan I have additional goals. Every Ramadhan I just want to add on to what I have on my list. Alhamdulillah. It's a beautiful feeling, it truly is. Smile

kavita_0026
      Participant

So during Ramadan, a huge part of it is abstaining from things you shouldnt do, things you shouldnt see, lying, etc. etc. – > this is strictly to be done during Ramadan – shouldnt the teachings strictly say not to do these things from your beginning until your end?? And… say people abstain from everything bad during Ramadan and just go back to their 'self' how they were before (lets assume they lied and stuff before) … is that gonna be like..okay? Since, at least they didnt do it through Ramadan?

Anyways,

I have a question. I've observed a few Muslim girls who wore hijabs alot then all of a sudden I see them stop wearing it. I have a friend who use to wear it all through high school, she switched to another school and when I saw her back, she stopped wearing it … like on a daily basis..i think except for when she goes to Mosque , so she says. I never asked why because I dont want to be rude. Can someone tell me what are the reason/s for this or is it just like a personal choice?

Yemenilicious
      Participant

So during Ramadan, a huge part of it is abstaining from things you shouldnt do, things you shouldnt see, lying, etc. etc. – > this is strictly to be done during Ramadan – shouldnt the teachings strictly say not to do these things from your beginning until your end?? And… say people abstain from everything bad during Ramadan and just go back to their 'self' how they were before (lets assume they lied and stuff before) … is that gonna be like..okay? Since, at least they didnt do it through Ramadan?

well, as Muslims we're supposed to be righteous and good all our lives. But because Ramadhan is so special…we get the chance to do more righteous deeds and because we are HUMAN beings…we make mistakes…we sin…so it's a month to train ourselves to be righteous all the time. Insha'Allah.

Anyways,

I have a question. I've observed a few Muslim girls who wore hijabs alot then all of a sudden I see them stop wearing it. I have a friend who use to wear it all through high school, she switched to another school and when I saw her back, she stopped wearing it … like on a daily basis..i think except for when she goes to Mosque , so she says. I never asked why because I dont want to be rude. Can someone tell me what are the reason/s for this or is it just like a personal choice?

It's a personal choice…It has been written in the Qur'an that every Muslim woman needs to cover up, but as I said we are all humans, we have our desires, we have our choices…and that doesn't mean that your friend is right about taking her hijab off…it's wrong, but that's something that's between her and Allah…we have no right to judge.
      let me add, In Islam, there is no point in forcing anyone to do anything. Because…hey, if you're not doing something because you want to and you're not sincere about it…Allah wont accept it. May Allah accept us all Insha'Allah Smile

kavita_0026
      Participant

Thanks for the information. I understand that we are all humans – sooo I guess Ramadan is 'a bit' equivalent to other religions 'fasting/special praying … repenting for wrongdoing' … I suppose

About the hijab – I just wanted to know if there was a specific reason to have to take it off. Now that I knowi ts a personal choice, then, thats great – at least they are happy like that just as many girls are happy with the hijab on.

May God accept us all.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

you're welcome. Ramadhan isn't equivalent to any other act though. There are so many blessings. I mean, we know that the doors of paradise are all open, and we know that the doors of hell are closed and that shaytan is behind bars/chained. what else do we want? That's like Allah is saying…Whoever obeys me and does good and abstains from evil…then Jannat is his…

Quote:
      The first ten days of Ramadhan are the days of Allah's Mercy. The second ten days of Ramadhan are the days of Allah's forgiveness. And the last ten days of Ramadhan are the days in which Allah (SWT) frees people from the Fire of Hell.

And yeah…in the end…hijab is a personal choice. It's the connection we decide to establish between us and Allah.

Unique_Princess
      Participant

ONE DAY LEFTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO! OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

psssht duderino where are you! Its my turn to stay up late and your turn to be up and tell me to sleep rofl! Stick out tongue.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! **makes dua'**

I LOVE YOU TAYBA! You better make dua for me during Ramadhan, else imma jump you!

Big Smile Big Smile

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

eish

am just irritated with impatience now…

Yemenilicious
      Participant
      Quote:
      eish am just irritated with impatience now…

me tooo me toooooooooooo *hugs scarry tight* Big Smile

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:
      eish am just irritated with impatience now…

me tooo me toooooooooooo *hugs scarry tight* Big Smile

u dnt kow the half of it…but thanks yaar ..be careful with dat hug..me is fragile hahaha

Yemenilicious
      Participant

tell me half of it…now all of it. Stick out tongue

fine *backs away from scarry*

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

nah silence is golden lmao…u get back here with dat hug yaar.. fragile in the feminine sense..but nevermind cant wait for fasting

One2cu
      Participant

“Ramzan Mubarak” to u all….

may Allah bless us all…amin

take care n be safe…lots of love….

bfn

Yemenilicious
      Participant

Khair Mubarak!!!!

Ameen to your dua!! you too!! Insha'Allah!

boo
      Participant

Khair Mubarak means?

Ramadan Mubarak my lovely people..

I hope you get all you wish for. Insha'Allah… Wink

Smile

Love,

Boo………….. Right Hug

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

schwweeeeeet booo..same to u..ie will be keeping fast on yr behalf, may yr life be blessed with all yr hearts desires

back at ye yumz…

its a beeeaauuuttiiiiiiffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuulllllll day on my side of the world…prefecto start…

mmmmuuuwaaahhhhhhhhhh

Unique_Princess
      Participant

Is this because im quoting? TEST

Unique_Princess
      Participant

EUREKA! the forum has got a problem with quoting at the moment.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

NUH UH! I JUST WROTE A WHOLE ESSAY ABOUT MY DAY AND IT DIDNT GO THROUGH Angry *dies*

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

lol

temper women

Unique_Princess
      Participant

MAN! I missed out on 7 days of Ramadan Blogging!!! Super Angry

Its nearly iftaar time soon. 1 hour to go =D

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

lol! Taybaaaaaaaa hunnyyyyy! Patience, my dear, patience. Right Hug

*explodes with joy* MusicIt is Ramadhaaaaaan!Music I have been having a beautiful Ramadhan so far! Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

FIRST 7 DAYS OF RAMADHAN:

The first day went by so well, Alhamdulillah. Smile

I was a bit hungry the second day, but it was still great!

So far, it has been beautiful for me. I feel so peaceful and at ease. I don't feel shaytaans presence anywhere! Subhan'Allah, it's so peaceful. Smile

We just recently got the Arabic, Pashto, Farsi, and Urdu channels, and some of the channels have the great lectures! Especially Peace TV! It's amazing! I love it! The main host guy person, Dr. Zakir Naik, is such a genius, Masha'Allah! I love the programs that come on that channel. He has debates with non-Muslims, open session questions and answers from Muslims and non-Muslims, lectures, talks about Ramadhan and answers questions about Ramadhan, and so much more! I love it!

On sunday, my sister and I went to Hayati's house. Hayati and her sister came up with this awesome idea to invite a bunch of girls to their house during Ramadhan and we'll just talk about Islam or ask any questions we have. It's just us girls, so we're all comfortable because everyone is about our age. We don't need to worry about saying something awkward in front of a mom. lol. I think they started this thing for a friend who recently embraced Islam. And there are many other girls who embraced Islam and Hayati and her sister wanted to give them that Islamic environment during the blessed month of Ramadhan. Insha'Allah we'll continue it even after Ramadhan and we may even have it at different houses. Insha'Allah it'll work out. It's such a nice idea, Masha'Allah. Smile

Alhamdulillah, Ramadhan is going so well for me. Smile

Yemenilicious
      Participant

I was watching a talk about backbiting the other day…so i thought i might post about it Insha'Allah:

Rasoolullah said, “A man might speak a word without thinking about its implications, but because of it, he will plunge into the Hell-Fire further than the distance between the east and west” (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim).

In Islam, we are prohibited from gossiping about someone behind their back if it is something disliked to that person. You may ask, what if we are speaking the truth? If one is speaking the truth about someone behind their back, then this is backbiting and it is dispicable. If one is speaking falsehood about someone behind their back, then this is slander, something even worse.

Kab al-Ahbar said: “Backbiting nullifies a person’s good deeds.”

Not only is backbiting considered a sin in Islam, but it is considered a major sin by the consensus of scholars considering the implications mentioned about in the Quran and Sunnah. The Quranic verses dealing with backbiting include:

1. “O you who believe! Let not some men among you deride others who may be better than they (are), nor let women (deride) women who may be better than they are; neither defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. Evil is a bad name after faith.” (Surat Hujurat, 49:11)
      2. “O you who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor that. And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful.” (Surat Hujurat, 49:12)
      3. “Neither obey thou each feeble oath-monger; detractor, going about with slander.” (Surat Qalam, 68:10-11)
      4. “Woe to every sneering defamer.” (Surat Humaza, 104:1)

Sneering can be considered defamation by actions (instead of words). Sneering can include actions as small as even rolling one’s eyes. Furthermore, Surat Humaza (The Transducer) is dedicated to answering those that gossip about others. Therefore, as Muslims, it is a duty incumbent upon us to safeguard our tongues from saying anything we would regret later on.

Muadh ibn Jabal (ra) asked Rasoolullah (SAW) to inform him of some good work that would admit him into
      Paradise and distance him from the Hell-Fire. Rasoolullah (SAW) mentioned to him the virtues of many good deeds, then said: “Shall I inform you of the foundation of all of that?”

Muadh said: “Certainly.”
      Rasoolullah (SAW) took hold of his own tongue and said: “Restrain yourself from this.”
      Muadh then asked: “O Rasoolullah! Are we held to task for the things that we say?”
      Rasoolullah (SAW) replied: “May your mother be bereaved of you, O Muadh! Does anything topple people headlong into the Hell-Fire save the harvests of their tongues?” (narrated by Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

Rasoolullah (SAW) said, “One of the greatest of the major sins is to stretch out one’s tongue without right against the honor of a Muslim” (narrated by Abu Dawud).

Aisha (ra) relates that she said to Rasoolullah (SAW), “It should tell y

Yemenilicious
      Participant

I've been thinking of death a lot lately so here it goes…

Everyone shall taste the death. Then unto Us you shall be returned” (Translation of the Meaning of the Holy Quran, 29:57). No doubt, death is a truth that no one can deny and it is our first stop of the Hereafter. The knowledge of the time of death is known to no one except Allah (SWT) as the Holy Quran states, “And no person can ever die except by Allah’s Leave and at an appointed term” (Translation of the Meaning of the Holy Quran, 3:145).

Rasoolullah (SAW) said, “Often remember the destroyer of pleasures (death)” (narrated by Tirmidhi). Nevertheless, we should not wait for death and call for it as Rasoolullah (SAW) said, “No one should desire death. If he is a good-doer, he can increase in his good, and if he is a wrongdoer then he may repent” (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim). For two brothers can fight in jihad. One would die a shaheed (martyr) while the other brother would live another year and in that extra year, the brother would garner more good deeds so that he would be higher in paradise.

However, as Muslims, we must realize it is crucial that we die in the state of pure Islam. Rasoolullah (SAW) said, “Whoever dies upon something, he will be resurrected upon it” (narrated by al-Hakim). Verily, a good ending will lead to a beneficial Hereafter while a bad ending will lead to a terrifying Hereafter based on the way we die for Rasoolullah (SAW) said, “By the One, other than Whom there is no deity worthy of worship, verily one of you performs the actions of the people of Paradise until there is but an arms length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him, and so, he acts with the actions of the people of the Hellfire and thus enters it; and verily one of you performs the actions of the people of the Hellfire, until there is but an arms length between him and it, and that which has been written overtakes him and so acts with the actions of the people of Paradise and thus he enters it” (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim) as this hadith can be mentioned for those people who act righteous in public and not in private for their hearts are not sincere.

Therefore, as Muslims, we need to ensure a good ending for ourselves. Causes of a good ending include:

• Alistiqamah (steadfastness)
      • At-taqwa (piety)
      • Husn ad-dhan billah (having good expectations of Allah)
      • As-Sidq (truthfulness)
      • At-Toubah (repentance)
      • Remembering death and visiting cemeteries (and not worshipping them!)
      • Avoiding the reasons that would lead to a bad ending

Signs of the good ending (Husn al-Khatimah) include death by:

• saying the Shahadah
      • doing a good deed
      • dying shaheed (a martyr)
      • on a Friday
      • due to a high fever or due to a plague
      • because of a disease of the stomach
      • in a collapsing building
      • giving birth
      • the modern version of a car accident not caused by oneself (note that Shaykh Ibn Uthaymin stated that dying in a high-speed car accident is like committing suicide)
      • by a lion or wild animal
      • in the city of Madinah
      • while teaching the Sunnah
      • in a sinking ship
      • while standing up against a dictator

Furthermore, as Muslims, we need to avoid a bad ending at all costs. Causes of the bad ending (Soo al-Khatimah) include but are not limited to:

• Corrupt belief and practice of innovations (For example, when group dhikr first evolved, Ibn Masood (ra) berated the people practicing such a practice for they thought they were doing better than the way of Rasoolullah (SAW). Most of the berated people ended up becoming part of the deviant Khawarij sect).
      • Hypocrisy (privately behaving contrary to one’s public behavior)
      • Practicing sins and love of sins
      • Love of this Duniya and expecting
      MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant
      Quote:
      as this hadith can be mentioned for those people who act righteous in public and not in private for their hearts are not sincere.

hmm ok, jus sums dat crossed my mind now, on opposites…

about people who are seen as unrighteous in public but in actual fact are virtious and faithful and righteous as their hearts are pure and sincere yet not SEEN as such by any other?

presumptions??…assumptions??…judging one without cause??…am not sure

just random thoughts pouring out my mind…dnt worry bout it

I also love the duas Yemz, it brings a calm to me when i READ IT…thanks..shukriya jaan

ps: DEATH has been in my heart mind, soul ..thoughts..dreams of late…as well

a lot of thinking…a lot of this being done during Ramadhan…have become very transparent and reflective and

am finally seeing what I had hidden …deep within…

must still learn to deal with the sudden anger and heartbreak and emotions seeping thru…

Yemenilicious
      Participant

`A’ishah (radhiAllâhu `anha) reported that she asked Allâh’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, “O Messenger of Allâh! If I knew which night is Laylat ul-Qadr, what should I say during it?” And he instructed her to say: Allahumma innaka ‘affuwwun tuhibbul ‘afwa fa’fu ‘anni’ O Allâh! You are forgiving, and you love forgiveness. So forgive me. [Recorded by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and at-Tirmithi]

Abu Hurayrah (radhiAllâhu `anhu) narrated that the Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam said: “Whoever stands (in qiyaam) in Laylat ul-Qadr [and it is facilitated for him] out of faith and expectation (of Allâh’s reward), will have all of his previous sins forgiven.” [Al-Bukhârî and Muslim; the addition “and it is facilitated for him” is recorded by Ahmad from the report of `Ubaadah Bin as-Samit; it means that he is permitted to be among the sincere worshippers during that blessed night.

“Allâh’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam used to exert more (in worship) on the last ten than on other nights.” [Muslim]

And Laylatul Qadr is not in any specific day, it can be any of the odd days during the last ten days of Ramadan. however, some scholars say that it's on the 27th of Ramadan, for on that day, the Qur'an was revealed. And Allah Knows Best.

Unique_Princess
      Participant

May we be fortunate enough to be amongst those who recieve the immense blessings of this Night of Power. Insha'Allah. Ameen. Thumma Ameen. Please remember me in your duas. Jaza'Kallah x.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Ameen

*sigh*

I'm gonna miss Ramadhan…

(My lil brother fasted about a week ago…he was so adorable…he woke up and I wanted to give him food but he's like, “no, I'm fasting” awwww! And he wanted to pray Taraweeh! I was surprised! He knows how long it takes to pray Taraweeh, but he wanted to do it anyway. Masha'Allah…but he fell asleep! lol. So he didn't get to pray Taraweeh…and the funny/weird thing is that he gave my mom a dollar on the day he fasted and he won't tell us why! Tongue Tied he's so funny! lol.)

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.