Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Sparki
      Participant

Hey! I dunno if there was a topic on this i am sure there was but i can’t find it!

Have u guys seen it yet? I watched it today, ooh was good! I loved the first half alot. Saif and the leading actress really good acting, Sanjay was very good too. Sanjays family were realy sweet! I liked the sets and the songs too, like the 60s style to the music the one that rekha was in. The chemistry was great between saif and the leading girl..(whats her real name??)
      Liked the film alot, like there were no things that i could make fun(thats how good i liked the story etc) but the only cheesy thing was when saif like smashes through the wall! (why not use the door.. i guess its not so dramatic and romantic if he did that right)
      Lots of devdas themes in it.

What did u all think of da film? acting?

Meneh Tujse Kiya Hai Pyaar, Taan Maan ME RAKSAM..!!!

“Main toh khelugi… Mein toh chedugi…;) xxxx!”

ae chooriya ae
      Participant

Hi Sparki 🙂

Yeah .. I have seen the movie .. it was really nice .. and the leading girl acting was way too good .. actually she was excellent ..

i agree with ya that the movie has no things that we can make fun of .. expect the ending where saif smashes through the wall .. i was laughin so loud in the cinema .. like wat de hell .. de wall has nothin 2 do with his anger ?? poor wall .. hehhee .. and wat really makes it more funny .. that every one was supportin him .. it was just like he was in a match ..ehheehe ..

but in general the movie was nice .. although i didnt like the songs that much

Salman Khan HaTeRz

BaCh Ke ReHna Re BaBa ..TujPe NaZaR HaI

Sparki
      Participant

Lol ur makin me laugh now just rememebering the wall thing!! I really would have liked it if he went through the gate and knelt on his knees or something rather then knocking himself out or doin his back in by chucking the fountain into the wall!

U know the songs i realised after, that.. they were in the film as just part of the film .. no real like bursting into a song or something or any dance rountines. Oh i guess excpet for when he is on the train. The song were good though 🙂

Waluscha
      Participant

Well..the leading actress’s name is Divya Balan. What a nice fact that the leading actress is Divya Balan and the second heroin is Diya Mirza.

“Teri Soorat Na Hoon Jisme, Woh Sheesha Thod Denge Hum”

Sonu_Nigam_RockZZZZ
      Participant

i lovee the song piyu bole. it’s soooo sweet! we haven’t got the movie yet but it will be here soon!!!

tauba tauba ishq mein kariya

ramz89
      Participant

Yeh the movie was good and Vidya Balan was brilliant. The song Piyu Bole is so sweet and well composed, and is noticeably the theme song of the whole film as uit is played continuously as instrumental during scenes. kasto maza has really grown on me- its cute. Kaisi paheli is brilliant coz its snazzy and has brought the 60’s theme back with grace.

Waluscha- It doesnt come as a surprise to me that diya was second to a debut actress as i personally think diya is absolutely useless and doesnt have the qualities to be a star.

I think they showed saif breaking down the wall to portray him breaking the divide that his father tried so hard to put between him and Lolita (vidya) and perceived in that way, it is quite an effective portrayel. The fact that he was able to actually break the brick wall (with the aid of a water fountain!) was pretty unrealistic seen as he’d have ended up in hospital had it been reality…but ah well thats b/w for you!

..:Chaand mera dil, Chaandni ho tum, Chaand se hai door, Chandni kaha
      Laut ke aana, hai yahi tumko, Jaa rahe ho tum, jao meri jaan:..

Sparki
      Participant

Lol ya your right i see the methaphors and meanings.
      Vidya Balan ya she was cool.
      I would watch it again!

Sonu_Nigam_RockZZZZ
      Participant

well, i’ve gotten the whole album. The songs are wonderful!!! specially the Sonu songs!!! my fav. is still piyu bole though!

hey ramz what do u think of Soona Mann??? I fell in love wid it instantly!!! Sonu sound soooooooooooo sweet!!! And so cute and adorable!!!

ramz89
      Participant

uh huh! o WOW! HOW could i forget soona man?? it’s soo cute na?! It was a nice song to open the film and sonu sings is like no other he is brilliant! yeh i fell in love with it too as soon as i heard it first time at the cinema! i was like ahhhhh!!!

..:Aisi nazar se dekha…us zaalim ne chowk par
      Humne kaleija rak diya…chaaku ki nowk par:..

Sonu_Nigam_RockZZZZ
      Participant

i knoww!! the intro alone gets me crazy!!! i gotta see the movie!!

mary
      Participant

PARINEETA SUCKS..

i hate this film…i hate saif.. he has a BIGGG NOSE
      like shahrukh but srk is still the one everyone likes
      hennnu

boo
      Participant

lol…why do you think Parineeta sucks? coem on, we need reasons!!

i agree about the whole wall breaking thing being a little OTT but i still loved the film (and hey, as ramz correctly said, thats b/w for you…and that’s why we are all also going crajee! Big Smile [:D])…it was so good to see a serious, but also a very well made movie…

what do you think…if you had to choose one film, would it be Parineeta or Black? tough question kya?!

Music is not just a P A S S I O N for me; its a necessity

ramz89
      Participant

ooOOoo yep boo thats a toughie alright! hmmmm I think Black has a totally different theme and the story is totally different from the regular b/w plots. It is brilliant in its own uniqueness and you cant really compare it to parineeta.

Parineeta is similar to the more-common love triangle theme, though it too is quite unique and the story is different from others. I think Black in terms of reality and the trials and tribulations one is faced with, and parineeta is more your sweet fairytale musical.

Sorry! They are both brillint and i cant give a straight answerBig Smile [:D]

..:Aisi nazar se dekha…us zaalim ne chowk par
      Humne kaleija rak diya…chaaku ki nowk par:..

dania
      Participant

i liked the movie! the new actor diviya was brillint and sif and sanju were good too!

love is till the end
      Ozia
      Participant

that movie was really good…. i liked it a lot.

Ozia

dania
      Participant

i could watch it 4 times!

Madhu
      Participant

Parineeta is based on one of Sharat Chandra Chatterjee’s novels. A very simple story but well portrayed. The novel was written almost 100 years ago so the movie has taken the basic love story and tried to modernize it to some degree. They have not brought it into the 21st century but just up to the 1960s. This brings out nostalgia in people who were around in the 60s and yet makes it believable for those born much after that. Without giving away the story, I will say that the actors and actresses in the movie were good. I have read the novel also or at least a translation of it and I have also seen the movie. This is one movie where I feel that the changes made from the original novel into the movie script are for the better. The novel was slow and kind of dull. I like the movie version much better since they have brought out the characters more and made them more three dimensional and likable. Vidya Balan as Lolita has done a superb job in her debut movie. Though she has faced the camera in ad movies many times, this was her first feature film. Saif Ali Khan has acted very differently from his normal roles but he is extremely good as Shekhar. Guess the Bengali genes he inherited from his mother, Sharmila Tagore, as well as her acting talent is finally showing as he portrays a Bengali Babu. Just kidding of course about this being the result of the genes he inherited. Saif Ali Khan deserves praise for his acting. The rest of the cast is also good. Sanjay Dutt looks a bit old but he was still good. Rekha looks fabulous in the number she sings in a guest appearance. The music is superb. I am still humming piyu bole piya bole most of the time and if I am not humming that then I am stuck on kaisi paheli hai ye zindagni. I could have done without the melodramatic ending which was really unnecessary but I guess Bollywood producers don’t like nice tidy endings. They have to make it so melodramatic. In that sense the novel was much better. Short and sweet stories should have short and sweet endings also. Well the melodrama at the end keeps me from calling this a perfect movie. Overall I would say that the movie is worth seeing and the music is definitely superior to a lot of what I have heard in recent months. This is of course In my opinion. You are welcome to disagree. I have to warn you that if you are looking for sleazy looking outfits, violence etc. you will not find it in this movie. If you wnat to watch a decent and clean love story with good music then Parineeta is one you should watch.

Madhu Smile [:)]

boo
      Participant

madhu ji…i have to agree with your review…i have read the translation of the novel as well, and what i find is (like you said) that the movie brings out the characters and their feelings more than in the book, which is ‘dull’, as it simply narrates a tale. the film is definitely more three dimensional…the acting, the music, the costumes…everything makes the movie well worth watching.

i also have to agree that the ending was a little OTT, but hey! thats what we love about Bolly, right? Wink [;)]

Music is not just a P A S S I O N for me; its a necessity

arcoampm
      Participant

i saw thw movie i like only two scenes. both the bed room scenes of the leading actress with saif and sanjay i wish i could have acted insteadof both

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I really liked Parineeta too!! The leading lady(btw, wats her name?)acted very well in it..yeah the wall thing was sooooo funni!!!!lolz!!! But over all, the movie was realli nice!

**Chup ke se aap ki dharkan mein uthar jayenge, raahe ulfaat mein aaj hadh se guzaar jayenge,Toot ke aap hume es kadar jo chaahenge, hum toh baahon ki panahon mein bhigal jayenge..**

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.