Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Unique_Princess
      Participant

OMG guys you have to see this video,

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30000-1268818,.html

A Polish man wakes from a coma after 19 years…wow! Imagine that.. missing out on SO much of your life, having to adjust to the new ways of the world.. it must be so hard for him!! His kids have all grown up and everything. His poor wife! She seems amazing Smile.

boo
      Participant

I haven't seen the video (yet. Stick out tongue Calm down… Stick out tongue), but this reminds me of a German movie – called 'Goodbye Lenin'…

*spoilers ahead… though I wonder if any of you guys would be interested in seeing this movie…*

The mother, who was an active member of east Germany, goes into a coma (I think it's a coma… I honestly cannot remember…)… and while she's in that coma, a lot happens to Germany – Berlin Wall comes down… becomes one country… former east Germany becoming more and more like west Germany in terms of culture, etc…

And then the mother wakes up. The doctor says that she's in a fragile condition, and if something happens to distress her, her health will be in trouble… and her son is worried that when she finds out what happened to her east Germany, she will not take the news well…

And the rest of the story is about how her son and her daughter (now married, with kid(s?)) try to shelter their mother from west Germany… the mother has to stay in bed and take rest, so she doesn't see the outside world too much…

It is a curiously touching movie… the things that the son does to protect his mother… the way he goes about it… it's no film of the year or anything (though I have not a clue what, if any, awards it won..), but it's worth watching, methinks… if you're into these kinds of movies…

*end of spoiler*

Another touching movie is Barfuss. Ahh I really liked that movie!

Darn it. I need to watch some more German films. Sad And Cheeni Kum. And Metro. And POTC 3.

Sigh.

Yemenilicious
      Participant
      Unique_princess:

OMG guys you have to see this video,

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,30000-1268818,.html

A Polish man wakes from a coma after 19 years…wow! Imagine that.. missing out on SO much of your life, having to adjust to the new ways of the world.. it must be so hard for him!! His kids have all grown up and everything. His poor wife! She seems amazing Smile.

wow…missing out on his kids' marriage and 11 grandchildren! Surprise WOW!

Mukesh
      Keymaster

Wish i cud fall asleep and awake 20 years from now!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.