Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      dilindianme
      Participant

Can anyone provide an English translation for the male lyrics for KUCHH NA KAHO from the movie 1942 A Love Story?

Thanks!

Though the shadows lengthen and fade,
      And seasons brown the blade,
      May we on friendship’s lawn stay,
      Forever and a day.

Ridya
      Participant

hey
      if u could put up the hindi lyrics then maybe i can translate them for u.

Madhu
      Participant

You can find the lyrics and translations for all songs for that movie at the following site:

http://www.bollywhat.com/lyrics/1942_lyr.html

Please note that the Kumar Sanu version is in the middle so you will have to scroll down approximately half way.

Enjoy!

Madhu Smile [:)]

Ridya
      Participant

hey madhu
      i checked out that site. its really good, only i find the selection to be somewhat limited. i couldn’t find some songs there. u no ne other sites like it w/ a wider selection?

Madhu
      Participant

There are very few sites that provide English translations. As far as finding lyrics the best way to find them is to use google or some other search engine. Type in the the first few words of the lyrics and end your search with the word lyrics and usually it will point you to a site that has the lyrics. That is how I find lyrics for all of the requests here. If I can’t find the lyrics already typed then I listen to the song, write out the lyrics and then type them here. This is why I tell everyone that if you paste the lyrics you have a better chance of getting me to translate it.

dilindianme
      Participant

Thanks Madhu for the great link. I had no trouble finding Kumar Sanu’s Kuchh Na Kaho on that page. I understand only a little Hindi and from what I did understand I knew this was a really nice song. But after seeing the translation I know for sure its a great song!

Smile [:)]

DILINDIANME

Though the shadows lengthen and fade,
      And seasons brown the blade,
      May we on friendship’s lawn stay,
      Forever and a day.

Madhu
      Participant

It was my pleasure. Glad to know I was able to help. It is true that any song is more enjoyable when we can understand what the song means. This is why we get so many requests here and why we try so hard to help as many of you as we can.

Ridya
      Participant

thanx madhu

Ridya
      Participant

madhu, i put up a request for just a few lines from a song from my brother nikhil. i know the translation for the whole osng except those three lines, and i can’t find it anywhere b/c its not a very popular song. can you help, plzzz?

Madhu
      Participant

Ridya:
      I have translated it and I would have done it even if you had not posted a second request here. As I said in my other post, some times I don’t see requests when they are no longer on the first couple of pages. I do try to go back and find all those that I missed when I have time. Lately I have not had much free time so I barely manage to translate those on page 1 and I have not even been reading messages in other sections of this forum.

Ridya
      Participant

yeh sry…but thank you so much!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.