Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      boo
      Participant

Oh goodness me! Can’t BELIEVE we didn’t have a KANK thread… sigh… we are so behind guys! Stick out tongue

I’d like to start off the discussion by posting this HILARIOUS (I mean HILARIOUS!!) blog/post thing that I found via Google about the storyline of KANK…

Don’t worry, it is just SPECULATION about the storyline of KANK… of course, some of it could turn out to be true… so there is a POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT… but if you don’t mind that you have GOT to read it!!

Hilarious, man…

Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna!

Now I love Karan Johar. I love all his movies – his movies make me hysterical; they are that bad. I sincerely believe He, along with Sooraj Barjatya and Aditya Chopra are triangularly reponsibile for irreversible effect of sacchirine melodramas thronging Bollywood. I’ve been eager to watch Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Karan Johar’s next offering ever since he’s announced the movie. I am secretly hoping that this is his Alvida to Bollywood forever, though the name doesnt sound so promising.

Now a few days back I heard that KANK is a remake of English movie… “Closer”. Hmmm… Closer – isnt that the movie about extra marital affairs between straight couples? (pssst… I also heard that Karan Johar’s next movie is “Kaha Main Kaha Tu” starring himself and SRK, and inspired by Brokeback Mountain…). Anyways, thats not quite the point of this post. The point of this is to find out what exactly is the story behind Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna!

Now Karan Johar always gets the who’s who and who’s who not of bollywood to act in his movies – for some god damn reasons everyone agrees too. Nonetheless, as I was doing nothing, I decided to look up KANK’s entry in IMDB to get some idea of story line of this movie. Quoted verbatim from IMDB, this is what is the story of KANK according to them:

Jai Varma (Shahrukh Khan) and Shalini Sharma (Rani Mukerji) are married to Sharmila Varma (Urmila Matondkar) and Mohinder Sharma (Amitabh Bachan) respectively. Jai and Sharmila also have a son. Jai and Shalini believe that they are content and happy in their relationships. Until they meet each other. What starts as banter grows into something extraordinary. Their love throws their families into a turmoil.

Interesting. The first line had me in splits:

“Jai Varma and Shalini Sharma are married to Sharmila Varma and Mohinder Sharma respectively.”

I couldnt really read this limerick of a sentence for a while: Jai Varma, Sharmila Sharma, Shalina Sharma, Mohinder Varma… wait thats Sharmila Sharma or Shalini Varma? no, its Shalini Varma and Shalimar.. no Sharlima Sharmila. I have no doubts in my mind that this is a movie about Extra marital affairs. After all who’s who is the big question even before the movie has been shot. Karan Johar couldnt have thought of more creative names could he?

Next:

“Jail and Shailini believe that they are content and happy in their relationships. Until they meet each other”.

& here I thought they were already married to each other!

Oops. No. They are not. Jai is married to Sharmila & Shalini is married to Mohinder You got confused yourself did

Sonu_Nigam_RockZZZZ
      Participant

oohhhh i’ve waited soooo long for this movie. i simply cannot wait to see it. i might have a long wait but hopefully it’ll come out verry soon in trinidad. srk’s in a double role again. how nice.

boo, tht was absolutely hilarious…what does kabhi alvida na kehna mean by the way?

boo
      Participant

Never Say Goodbye…

Smile

i know, wasn’t it just?? Big Smile

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.