kisaliye vo kvaab dekhe, jinase kuchh haasil na tha
      is tarah toda mera dil…….

jaate-jaate kuchh gila, koi shiqaayat to hui
      ham bhi raahon men pade the, par inaayat na hui
      ek thokar hi lagaate, ye to kuchh mushqil na tha

Madhu
      Participant

is tarah toda mera dil, kya mera dil, dil na tha – you broke my heart in such a way as if my heart was not a heart
      ye to kah jaate tumhaare, pyaar ke qaabil na tha – at least you could have told me that is was not deserving of your love

aapko apnaa samajh kar, apni qismat saunp di – considering you my own, I surrendered my fate to you
      apne aramaan de diye, apni mohabbat saunp di – I gave you my desires, I gave you my love
      kis liye vo kvaab dekhe, jin se kuchh haasil na tha – why did I see those dreams from which nothing was to be obtained

jaate-jaate kuchh gila, koi shiqaayat na hui – as you left you did not have any remorse nor did you complain
      ham bhi raahon men pade the, par inaayat na hui – I was lying in your path but you did not show mercy to me
      ek thokar hi lagaate, ye to kuchh mushqil na tha – at least you could have kicked me, that would not have been difficult

Please note that the lyrics of the first line in the second stanza were wrong. “to hui” versus “na hui” completely changes the meaning of the song. I thought it looked wrong when I read it so I used youtube to hear the song again before I attempted to translate the song.

I hope this helps you enjoy this beautiful but very sad song even more.

fabreze
      Participant

Thanks a lot bro!

Madhu
      Participant

It was my pleasure. Please note that calling me Sis would be more appropriate than calling me bro. Not a big deal though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.