thoda resham lagta hai
      It takes a little bit of silk

thoda sheesha lagta hai
      It takes a little bit of glass

heere moti jarte hai
      Diamonds and pearls are rooted in

thoda sona lagta hai
      It takes a little bit of gold

{^ What it's basically saying is that in order to grow a garden of flower buds, you need a little bit of silk, glass, gold, and you need to fit in diamonds and pearls. I'm guessing it's trying to describe the different types of flowers with the silk and gold and etc. Or maybe it's describing the different types of women? Because women are often referred to as a “kali” which means a flower bud. So once you have all of that done, that is when a garden of flower buds is made.}

Payal koi jab banti hai
      An anklet is then made

thoda peetal hota hai
      (When) there is a little bit of brass (I didn't know what peetal meant, so I googled it and found it means brass)

thode gungru hote hai
      (when) there are a little bit of gunghroo

phir ek gori hoti hai
      Then there is a fair woman

pau mein dori hoti hai
      and there is a string in the (her) feet

{^ So the above verse is the same as the first verse, only now it's telling you how to make an anklet. First you need some brass and ghungroo. The payal (anklet) is the string/chain worn around the ankle, the ghunghroo are the little bells that make the jingling noise when shaken. Here is a link to wikipedia on ghunghroo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghungroo Also, if you google the word ghungroo, you'll find pictures of it. So after you have the brass and the ghunghroo, you'll need someone to wear it once it's made. And in this song, they use a “fair” woman. The word “fair” is used to describe beauty (annoying, I know). So then, this beautiful woman will have a “string” in her feet. The word “string” is used here to imply the use of puppets. You know, the strings used to move the puppets around? I'm not sure why, but that's what I think it's saying.That's when an anklet is made.}

saawan ki jaddi jab lagti hai
      When the wand (implying the use of magic) of the monsoon strikes

thode badal hote hai
      There are a few clouds

jaise kajal hota hai
      The way kohl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl_(cosmetics)) is

thodi boonde hote hai
      There are a few drops (of rain)

mann yeh pagal hota hai
      This heart/soul goes crazy

{^ The above verse is again, the same as the first two. This time it is describing what happens during the monsoon season. There are a few clouds that look like kohl, meaning the clouds are dark. Then there are raindrops, and the heart goes crazy. I'm guessing this whole monsoon season is referring to what happens when someone is in love. Because the monsoon season is supposed to be really romantic (in Bollywood Land, at least). So maybe that's why the heart is going crazy… Anyway, that's what happens during the monsoon.}

yovan ki ruth jab aati hai
      When the season of youth comes

thode bavre hote hai
      There are a few bees

thodi masti hoti hai
      There is a bi

Lovely Mira
      Participant

RaNi
      iS ThE BeS
      thx u very much for answering me so quckly and for the explinations

Allah with you,Allah bless you

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.