How to use search feature before requesting lyrics

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Madhu
      Participant

Are you aware that you can search for songs here? You should try to search for yourself before requesting help finding lyrics or translations.

This site has a lot of songs that are not in the message boards. Our administrator set up the lyrics section long before we started to chat. This is constantly being updated. On the home page of this web site, look at the menu at the left of your screen. You will see songs listed by categories or in alphabetical order. If you know what movie your song is from, click on alphabetical order, click on the letter which is how the movie name begins, pick the movie and then pick the song. On the page with the song lyrics is a box to click on to obtain English translations. If the song does not have an English translation already available, it gives you the opportunity to request it.

There are a lot of new people here so perhaps you need to learn how to use the search feature. Look at the top right of your screen and you will see home, profile etc. Click on search, type in the phrase and ask to search. For example, I asked for the matching phrase “my heart goes” but did not type in ‘mmmm’ because I was not sure how many ‘m’ might have been used. By not putting in the right amount I might not have gotten the correct response. This way I received 9 responses. Some times I see requests for older songs and I remember having translated it before. If I think that it may be in the archived section then I click in the archive box. This way it will search not only recent threads but also those that have been archived.

If you have not found your song on this website by trying either of the two methods listed above, then go to http://www.Google.com or any other search engine. Type in the few words of the lyrics that you know and see if it will point you to a website that has the lyrics you are seeking.

Please note that only a few sites have English translations. In fact the only ones I can think of right now is this website and http://www.bollywhat.com. However, many websites provide lyrics and the opportunity to listen to the song.

If you have been unable to find what you need, please feel free to request it here. Please note that if you are looking for translations you can guarantee a quicker response if you provide the lyrics first. If you are unable to provide the lyrics then it would help if you could post the link to a site where the song can be heard.

You will also get quicker results if you post the beginning line of the lyrics since some one may see the topic and remember having seen the lyrics some place and respond back to you immediately. When the subject is some thing like “translation wanted”, a lot of people will not even bother to read it to see what you needed. Frankly I am one of those who will open that post only after I have finished working on the ones that I know I can help with. So you see, your post ended up at the bottom of my priority list.

Recently many of you have been sending me e-mails requesting lyrics and translations. However, please be aware that if you had requested it here then there may be others who would have provided what you needed before I even saw your request. If you send the request to me, then you will only get it when I have free time.

When I have the time to work on your requests, this is the section of the forum I visit first. Sending an e-mail to me does not really mean that you will get my response sooner than if you had posted here.

The last thing I wanted to say was thanks to all of you who have been trying to help out by providing lyrics, translations or links to posts or sites which had what was being requested. A word of caution though. In order to not use up the space on this forum, don’t cut and paste entire lyrics or translations here. Just give them the link to the post or site where it can be found. We do have limited space here and it has happened in the past that we have been locked out from posting any messages until the Administrator has been contacted and he has had to archive

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.