Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      jaanvi_06
      Participant

Hey everyone , I was just wondering to know if anyone know the ways that someone can overcome shyness… of course i dont think anyone can overcome it completely because some people are just born like that, but there should be tips and ways to make it less… any help?

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I am the worst person for this advice, but what the heck? I’ll give it a try.

Jaanvi, just be more open and confident. Talk a little more and be urself. Don’t be scared someone won’t like you, just be confident.

hope that helped…

serioComic
      Participant

get yerself a cow skin!

Nosyira
      Participant

Hi jaanvi, well yes, people do get shy, even the most extrovert and most confident people do have their shy moments…. but the shy period may last a few moments and to others, much longer…

maybe you could start slowly… learn to make small talks with people that you meet everywhere…. just relax, let down your guard, be interested in other people and ask questions… i believe taking the focus away from yourself reduces your self-consciousness and shyness… Smile

hope that helps…. will come back if i have more suggestions? Wink

kavita_0026
      Participant

okay first..oreo..how is a cowskin supposed to help someone over come shyness..

anyway… okay im not the right person to take advice from because i too am on the shy side but something i really seem to notice from things i see is that i think the first step to this all is to lift your confidence level higher , and by that i mean, the confidence within yourself about yourself and after that you will just become a bit more brave to actually ahve the courage to go up and speak to someone … that is a starting though, to actually go up to someone and ask anything..even if its..what time is it or anything like that

boo
      Participant
      serioComic:
      get yerself a cow skin!

wtf?! contrary to popular beliedf, oreo ji does offer advice my a$$ Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

cow skins are hard to find. Wink

haha. Oreo ji has great advice! Big SmileSmile

Nosyira
      Participant
      Nosyira:

Hi jaanvi, well yes, people do get shy, even the most extrovert and most confident people do have their shy moments…. but the shy period may last a few moments and to others, much longer…

maybe you could start slowly… learn to make small talks with people that you meet everywhere…. just relax, let down your guard, be interested in other people and ask questions… i believe taking the focus away from yourself reduces your self-consciousness and shyness… Smile

hope that helps…. will come back if i have more suggestions? Wink

If you feel that talking to someone new is a bit intimidating, and you lack confidence in approaching them, the simplest way to start is smile, make eye contact, and try to be approachable. Most people are receptive to a smile and a friendly face. Overcoming shyness can start with something simple as a smile! Big Smile

kavita_0026
      Participant

hey… rani aww Left Hug you are back !!! yay

but hey um… whats cow skin… i thought oreo just made it up and its nothing..but its something? haha i dont know..

you all gave gr8 advice and i agree with nosiyra that a smile can start alot

im gonna use this advice for myself too

serioComic
      Participant

this is what happens when u pay too much attention to bollywood and forget about the things that matters!

cow skin = thick skin. and to overcome shyness u need to become thick skin! comprende?

nitzah
      Participant
      je ne comprende pas !

can you tell me where I can purchase some thick cow skin ? i am very shy in real life *humble look*
      serioComic
      Participant

worry not dude..i have already taken an order for u.

asmaprincess
      Participant

I think the best way to overcome shyness is to be with people you are
      not shy with. So for example you want to talk to someone and you are
      shy, then just grab a friend of yours before going upto that person.

kavita_0026
      Participant

okay oreo and nitz… thats weird… i still dont get it though maybe the two of you can give us an example using yourselves as samples

hydro that is a good idea, but the other person you’re with cant be too shy either or else neither of you would want to go up to a person and talk much , but the company makes you feel more at ease

Nosyira
      Participant

Since shyness I believe is a lack of self-confidence, here is a way to boost our confidence:

Smile Always look your best! Looking great makes you feel great! And does wonders for your self-esteem! Smile

boo
      Participant

look your best?hmmmm…. at first i thought: urgh. shallow. but come to think about it… if ur glowing from the inside… then you will glow on the outside too. but i do not agree that looking hot/sexy/pretty/good/whatever-other-adjective-to-describe-a-female-here is a prequisite for self-esteem. i should know. haha kidding. Stick out tongue

oreo ji: *rolls eyes* but then again, it is a tried and tested (and worked) method, right? so how do you feel in your cowskin ji?

ROFL!! Big Smile

Nosyira
      Participant
      Nosyira:

Since shyness I believe is a lack of self-confidence, here is a way to boost our confidence:

Smile Always look your best! Looking great makes you feel great! And does wonders for your self-esteem! Smile

Sometimes the way we carry ourselves, our posture, plays a key role in how we feel. For example, if you slouch and look down, you will feel awful. I think if you try to walk tall and straight, with shoulders back, looking forward, deep breathing and a smiling face, you will feel great and confident too..
      Simply altering the way we use our bodies can change the way we feel.
      I think this works with bad mood too…

Have you heard of ‘fake it till you make it’? It means creating thoughts of confidence in your mind (eg. telling yourself “I am great!”) and acting as if you are confident; and your body will react and display that confidence.. Our brain does not know the difference between reality and pretense. When you pretend to feel a certain way, your brain produces the chemicals to match and, before you know it, you actually DO feel that way! Smile

Marine
      Participant

I agree with Nosyira I have so much confidence in me and i got read of my shyness like 95% of it hte one think don’t do it when your ina croud don’t fold your arms or hold them next to you real tight.

I did a study for myself when i went to a club i thought about how i used to be and i helm my hands in one another and i was nerviouse but then i thought if i was bibasha or aish or priyanka or someone famouse i wouldn’t be this shy so i put myself in their shouse and got read of my shyness and i got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much attention i was suprised so just breath deep and try to imagin its not you its your favorite actress instead of you like a roll play and you will be confident little by little try it and i give you guarenty it wil work it did for me and i feal great.Wink

kavita_0026
      Participant

Hey wow guys there are some good opinions im gonna
      take soem of this advice for myself
      booji – you made such a good point – i mean about the
      “looking hot/sexy/pretty/good/whatever-other-adjective-to-describe-a-female-here
      is a prequisite for self-esteem” ; in a way it means that the less pretty you
      are the lower your self esteem huh. well that makes sense , i know that for sure
      bc i’ve had low self esteem bc of the way i look and it does make you more shy
      i mean in the sense that you’d want to stay away socializing and stuff..
      and socializing is the thing that can help to fade your shyness
      So i agree with you all who said have self confidence , it helps
      but i also agree with booji’s really good point

kavita_0026
      Participant

nosyira..what you wrote was really interesting..wow i’ve never heard
      of ‘fake it till you make it’ butit made sense and stuff!is that scientific
      though? i mean how you said it it sounded really like from a text book or
      something ; hey maybe thats why people when they feel that they’re not
      pretty and stuff… other peopel tell them that THEY THEMSELVES have
      to see themselves as being pretty before others can – i dont know
      if im making sense lol

lol marine wow 95% of your shyness is alot gone!! thats a godo thing though
      i wish i wasnt shy though maybe i’ll trty your advice lol
      but i haven o idea how it would feel if i imagined myself as my favorite
      actress in her shoes lol – hey thats soundslike a kewl idea lol but
      i wonder how long the effects are gonna last..if there is any effect at all!
      well in my case hehehee

Nosyira
      Participant

Oh, that ‘fake it till you make it’ concept? It’s physiology.. I read in article somewhere so I decided to share it with you guys! Smile
      Try this.
      Right now, while you are reading this, stop for a moment and smile. I mean REALLY smile. Grin from ear to ear. Notice how good you feel. The longer it’s there, the better you will feel.
      I think it helps change your moods. Its like when I am feeling grouchy and frustated,
      I take the time to stop and smile, it always puts me in a good mood! Smile

Marine
      Participant

Exactly Nosyira thats what i do thats what i mean Kavita when i said tryt o imagin yourself as your favorite aterss it will make you smile and lough even and that will atract people But i do agree with Nosyira the more you smile the more you feel good inside

asmaprincess
      Participant

Nice advice Nosyira! Seriously, i coudln’t stop smiling. ahahaha…thanks girlBig Smile

kavita_0026
      Participant

hey yeah…nosirya’s advice and marine’s!!! lol that smile really does cheer you up ut i wish it would continue after a few seconds Sad and marine..hmmmmmm yeahmaybe i’ll imagine myself bieng rani mukherjee she’s so cool

Marine
      Participant

hehehe Kavs that would work just try it

kavita_0026
      Participant

heyw hats uup everyone…

heymarine i cant try it bc i dont feell ike rani mukherjee

wait a minute before you try this you really dress us and get your drop dead look and all?

Nosyira
      Participant
      Nosyira:

Sometimes the way we carry ourselves, our posture, plays a key role in how we feel. For example, if you slouch and look down, you will feel awful. I think if you try to walk tall and straight, with shoulders back, looking forward, deep breathing and a smiling face, you will feel great and confident too..
      Simply altering the way we use our bodies can change the way we feel.
      I think this works with bad mood too…

Have you heard of ‘fake it till you make it’? It means creating thoughts of confidence in your mind (eg. telling yourself “I am great!”) and acting as if you are confident; and your body will react and display that confidence.. Our brain does not know the difference between reality and pretense. When you pretend to feel a certain way, your brain produces the chemicals to match and, before you know it, you actually DO feel that way! Smile

Positive thinking..

Every day, every moment in our lives, we create our self esteem by what we choose to think, do and say..
      There are hundreds of ways we give ourselves messages, some positive, some negative ones..
      These messages determine how we feel abt ourselves and and how others feel abt us..

Do you realize that we often criticize ourselves compared to praising ourselves?
      Give yourself credit for what you ARE doing well..
      The more you learn to do that, the more open you are to doing Even More things well!

Nosyira
      Participant
      Nosyira:
      Positive thinking..

Every day, every moment in our lives, we create our self esteem by what we choose to think, do and say..
      There are hundreds of ways we give ourselves messages, some positive, some negative ones..
      These messages determine how we feel abt ourselves and and how others feel abt us..

Do you realize that we often criticize ourselves compared to praising ourselves?
      Give yourself credit for what you ARE doing well..
      The more you learn to do that, the more open you are to doing Even More things well!

We also tend to pay a lot more attention on what we do Wrong or the mistakes we made. We overlook the good things that we all do every day… So we should give ourselves enough credit for everything we do RIGHT! and not take ourselves for granted..

kavita_0026
      Participant

this is good – positive thinking always make you feel better but sometimes other things such as self esteem and all that hamper you ostive thinking

for 1 of your past post – it is the last post on the 1st page but i forgot to ask a point == >

that is GREAT advice – G R E A T

oF course ifsomeone feels the look nice hey would feel more at ease, moe open to the world, bit more hapier -bc of highr self esteem there fore all thatcould be preparation for overcoming shyness

BUT

what about when the problem is..you cant really look nice? I mean lots of pple,inc me, has you know phycial problems and all

kavita_0026
      Participant

Hey guys, just wanted to reopen this thread b/c I am in need of some of the advice

plz help

luv ya'll

serioComic
      Participant

u need to overcome shyness?

i can coach u..but it will be at a cost.

Marine
      Participant

Kavs what is the help you need with?

Oreo how is that stick does it hurt to much? lol

kavita_0026
      Participant

what cost is that oreo? you'll coach if only i jump off of that cliff right

haha marine…. the stick thing is still around!~!~ that made everyone totally crack up

Naww dont really dying for help – just thought i'd re open the thread?? but since no one is replying then ack what the heck?

love u di

kav

Marine
      Participant

You are crazy yah i'm still on the topic just wanted to know how it was going for him was it enjoyable or not lol.

How are you jaanu? I sent you a reply hope you got it.

kavita_0026
      Participant
      Marine:

You are crazy yah i'm still on the topic just wanted to know how it was going for him was it enjoyable or not lol.

How are you jaanu? I sent you a reply hope you got it.

Hi mi love , how are you >? and oreo…dude how are you doing hehe

Marine – hun – Guess what I am better now … as in .. I am not lying or being sarcastic

Will talk to you on YM alright

omg ..rotfl … to you asking oreo if it was enjoyable or not

ouch..how could that be enjoyable! ha

love

kav

Shahrukh Khan

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.