Ghazal Translation – Rafta Rafta Woh Meri by Mehdi Hassan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      rudy madho
      Participant

Can someone please post and translate the Ghazal by Mehdi Hassan 'Rafta rafta ho mere”

madhurdixit
      Participant

Rafta rafta woh meri hasti ka saamaan ho gayey,Face to face, she became the power of my existence
      Pehlay jaan, phir jaan-e-jaan, phir jaan-e-jaana ho gayey !
      First my life, then the love of my life, then she became the beloved of my life

Din-b-din badti gehin us husn ki raaniyaan,Day by day, the queens beauty increased
      Pehlay Gul, phir gul-badan, phir gul-badamaan ho gayey !First a rose, then the body of a rose, then she became the greatest rose

Aap to nazdeek say nazdeek-tar aatay gahey,You became closer and closer to me
      Pehlay dil, phir dilruba, phir dil kay mehmaan ho gayey !First the heart, then the sweetheart, then you became the guest of the heart

Rafta rafta woh meri hasti ka saamaan ho gayey,Face to face, she became the power of my existence
      Pehlay jaan, phir jaan-e-jaan, phir jaanayjaana ho gayey !First my life, then the love of my life, then she became the beloved of my life

Pyar jab Hadd se badha saare Taqaloof mith gayey,<span style="FONT-SIZE:10pt;COLOR:#333333;FONT-FAMI

nillogic
      Participant

Well done..Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.