Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Author
      RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

One of my favorite scene is from (one of my fave movies!) Hum Tum:

[Karan Kapoor]: Look brother, it's a straight matter, I'm not a good guy.
      [Drunk guys]: hmm, you're not!
      [Karan Kapoor]: I'm not a good guy! And in the case of girls, I'm a number one ***
      [Drunk guy]: He turns out to be one of our brothers!
      [Karan Kapoor]: You understand, no? But for the first time, for the first time in my life I went to do something good for a girl. So did I make a mistake?
      [Drunk guy]: No, you didn't!
      [Karan Kapoor]: Arre, I did na! I made a very big mistake. Such a big mistake that I broke her heart. From her eyes… no… I made the tears come from her heart and made her cry.
      [Drunk guy]: You made her cry? Very bad!
      [Karan Kapoor]: Her… from here… *points to eye* When the tears come from her eyes, why do I feel the pain here? *points to chest* The tears are hers! The eyes are hers! And the pain here. *softly hits chest* Is this justice?!
      [Drunk guys]: No, it isn't!
      [Karan Kapoor]: It is, naa! This is justice! Or else both the tears and pain would be with her. What kind of justice is that? Justice would be when both her tears and pain would be over here, with me. Understand?
      [Drunk guy]: I understand.
      [Karan Kapoor]: What do you understand? She says I don't understand anything. If I don't understand anything, then how do I understand that…where am I (in terms of character) and where is she. Understand?
      [Drunk guy]: Understood! You're here, and she's behind (after) you!
      [Karan Kapoor]: She's not after me!
      [Drunk guy]: She's behind (after) you!
      [Karan Kapoor]: *looks behind him and sees Rhea then turns around* Shhh! Put your glass down! You aren't supposed to drink in front of a girl! But I can drink because I'm not a good guy. Gimme (my glass) back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ey6w2R6h5RY

When I first saw this scene, I cried so much. I LOVE the way he acts in this scene… his tears are so beautiful and so strong and so innocent and so full of love. It is sooo beautiful. His love for her… him admitting to his flaws… accepting the fact that he isn't good enough for her… and yet, loving her with all his heart… only asking her to be happy in return. *siiigh* It's such a beautiful scene… I love it oh so much…

boo
      Participant

Simran running to the sound of Raj's tune at sunrise, through the yellow fields… finding her lover there, in front of her eyes… welcoming her with open arms and that look in his eyes that I can never put into words… the cow with the bell around its neck and the mandolin in Raj's bag… sigh.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tbYTOCt4NIU

Oh, that tune… that tune… sigh.

Such an intense scene… so simple, innocent… and intense all at once… but then again, I am biased…!

A girl can dream, can't she?! Stick out tongue Ahhh…. I feel sick.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Twin ji, that scene is beautiful. Right Hug

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Veer staring at Zaara when he saves her…

[Veer]: It wasn't as if I hadn't seen a girl more beautiful than her. But I don't know why, my gaze wouldn't move from her face. Her eyes were lowered and she was breathing hard. She was very scared. A tendril of her hair was harrassing her right eye, she was trying to move it aside but it was windy and her hair stayed right there. I extended my hand to move the hair aside and she quickly looked at me out of fright. We both looked at each other for the first time. She was staring at me out of fright.

I like how he says that she wasn't the most beautiful girl he had seen… but he still couldn't look away from her. It makes it so real…Like yeah, maybe she's not the most beautiful girl in the world, but he can only look at her… *siiiigh*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K87kMYarGmk

And the song right after this scene… I love it. I know I'll feel those lyrics so much the day I'm finally with my Raja *siiigh*

Jaanam, dekh lo, mit gayi dooriyaan. Main yahaan hoon, yahaan hoon, yahaan hoon, yahaan… Kaisi sarhadey, kaisi majbooriyaan? Main yahaan hoon, yahaan hoon, yahaan…

Beloved, look, all the distances have been erased. I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, here… What borders, what compulsions? I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, here…

It's so beautiful… *siigh*

boo
      Participant

Smile Twin ji that is a beautiful scene…

One of my most favourite scenes from DDLJ is just before Tujhe Dekha To Yeh… the tune on the mandolin (….), the white shalwar kameez, the yellow fields, the sunrise, her running, the beautiful facial expressions… and her prince there, waiting for her… it's just…*shiver*

Anyway, I was showing the movie to…. him, lol. And he has never seen the movie before (yes, crime.. I know!). So when that scene comes up and I'm all coochie cooey and mushy… THIS is the idiot's reaction…

When Simran sees the cow – “Oh my God… it's a miscellaneous cow! …. with a bell around its neck!”

When you start hearing 'Tujhe dekha…… to yeh jaana sanam…..' – “Oooh, the cow is singing to her!”

rotflmao… Big Smile I guess you had to be there to get why I found it so cutely adorably hilarious… but lmao! Smile

boo
      Participant

But he did agree that “that is a pretty cool mandolin”… Smile

And in Zara Sa Jhoom Loon Main, his comment: “Wow… wish I could stay drunk for that long!” Big Smile

It is amazing fun watching a Bollywood movie with someone who is lively and not from a desi culture! And I mean that in the nicest of ways. Smile

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

They were in London..at Church when he hums…

**jaane dil mein***..and she continues with this…tune, oblivious to the fact that she was not to let him knw it was HER…lol..yet her **soul** had other plans…

Hritik – Why didnt u tell me …

Rani: I thought with the first glance u wouldve knwn it was me…

sigh!!!

well it was something to that effect..but I love Mujhse dosti karoge..most of it anyways…

Love…u cant see it..u cant touch it…u cant really feel it…U KNOW IT.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

booo – lmao, he is sooo funny! Stick out tongue I love watching movies with ppl that make comments like that, lmao. It's like “this is is my favorite scene, shut up! but *cracks up laughing* that was sooo funny!” hahaaaa. Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

There are two parts I loved in the wedding scene. The way he looks at her when she's getting up to walk around the fire, stumbles, and needs assistance. The way he looks at her… it's like a “I wish I could take all your pain” look and a “I hurt when you hurt” look at the same time. Then, when they are walking around the fire, how he extends his hand out to her and holds her hand… it's like a “All your sorrows are now my sorrows” gesture.

It's like the Insaaf scene from Hum Tum right before the title song. How he says, “Justice would be when both her pain and tears are here… with me.” I love it… It's so beyond beautiful… *siiigh*

1:55 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36oG0GKlVBs

boo
      Participant

Rani – I completely agree with you about the Hum Tum drunken scene… it is…. lovely. Very nicely acted out and everything… my most favourite scene in the whole movie.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

twin ji… Right Hug I feel… I've never felt it before. I've just always loved that scene so much… and now…

“Look brother, it's a straight matter, I'm not a good guy… When the tears come from her eyes, why do I feel the pain here? *points to chest* The tears are hers! The eyes are hers! And the pain here. *softly hits chest* Is this justice?!… It is, naa! This is justice! Or else both the tears and pain would be with her. What kind of justice is that? Justice would be when both her tears and pain would be over here, with me… If I don't understand anything, then how do I understand that…where am I (in terms of character) and where is she…”

Quote:
      When I first saw this scene, I cried so much. I LOVE the way he acts in this scene… his tears are so beautiful and so strong and so innocent and so full of love. It is sooo beautiful. His love for her… him admitting to his flaws… accepting the fact that he isn't good enough for her… and yet, loving her with all his heart… only asking her to be happy in return. *siiigh* It's such a beautiful scene… I love it oh so much…
      serioComic
      Participant

RUSSELL CROWE

That’s a nice tie, if you’re a schizophrenic! Ha!

ADAM GOLDBERG

Hey, what’s your damn problem?

RUSSELL CROWE

I’m a genius when it comes to math. Or economics. Or cryptography. Definitely a genius though. One day I’ll think of a brilliant theory and I’ll show all of you mindless drones how smart I am.

ADAM GOLDBERG

How do you plan on doing this?

RUSSELL CROWE

I will conceive of the Nash Equilibrium, which will make me famous and well-loved. You can see this concept illustrated by us going and hitting on some hot girl, and both getting rejected. However, if we hit on uglier girls, we all win. Sort of.

serioComic
      Participant

Neo : Woah, deja vu.

Trinity : What did you just say?

Neo : Nothing, uh, just had a little..deja vu.

Trinity : What did you see?

Cypher : What happened?

Neo : A black cat went past us…and then another that looked just like it.

Trinity : How much like it, was it the same cat?

Neo : *shrugs* Might have been, I'm not sure.

Morpheus : Switch, Apoc!

Neo : What is it?

Trinity : A deja vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix…it happens when they change something

Unique_Princess
      Participant

One of my all time favourite Bollywood movies is Tum Bin. I remember when I was 15, or maybe even 16, this movie had come out. I remember my mother and I rushing into the cinema angry that we'd missed the first few minutes. I remember crying the whole way through it, I remember feeling breath taken at the beauty of the setting, the dialogues, the lyrics of the oh so beautiful songs in this movie. The love portrayed in this film is beautiful. I haven't seen this film in the longest time… and now I have an urge to watch it again. The songs are close to my heart. Very close, in fact. They take me back to a time where I was so happy. They remind me of someone who I can never forget. Everytime I come across these songs I feel like that 15 year old girl who used to sit with tears in her eyes as she realised how much these songs fit her life. They touch my heart everytime.

I came across a scene from the film on Youtube and well… wow. It's crazy that the scene I came across is exactly how I feel right now about that someone I used to know.

*Piya sits in the snow crying, missing her fiancee, Amar, who died in a car crash*

She looks up and sees Amar.

Amar wipes her tears and says:

“What happened? You were enjoying the snow right? You always used to like the snow, Piya… So then what happened today? Tears fell from these eyes?”

*wipes her tears again*

He continues:

“Piya, by my going, this world didn't stop. The wind didn't stop blowing, these breaths didn't stop…”

*He looks at the sky*

“This snow didn't stop falling…”

*He looks back at her and smiles*

“Then how did your life stop?”

*He puts his hands on her face as she looks on shocked*

“Look, Piya, the time we would have spent together was neither in your control, nor in mine. It is just a fantasy now. And how can we cry over a fantasy? The thing to remember is the time we did spend together… and when you remember that time, you'll only smile. I can't come back, Piya… and life is standing in front of you with open arms. I know you won't be able to forget me… but remember me in such a way that I am able to help you live…”

These last few lines are beyond beautiful… they touch me so much. Right now they're what I needed to hear in so many ways. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVDs9e5Jwc&feature=related

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Oh Tayba Tayba Tayba! My beautiful beautiful Tayba! I LOVE this scene oh so much! I remember when I watched this movie the second time (I have this habit of watching movies I like over and over again and my family hates it so much! lol. But I was too young when I watched it the first time and all I could remember was crying while watching the movie and I couldn't remember what the movie was about (my fish memory, I tell ya!) so I made my sister get it a second time so I can watch it and remember it! lol) I remember how much this scene touched me, I cried so much. It was soooo beautiful. The snow, her smiles – the memories, her tears – him appearing like an angel, her shock – his advice… full of so much love. It was so beautiful. And even though I had never been in love, even though I didn't know what it felt like to lose someone so special, I understood. I especially loved the very last sentence he said to her, “Yaad kuch yun rakna ke tumhare jeene ke kaam aa sakoo.” Smile

And now… watching this scene over again on utube, thinking of you… I couldn't help but smile. Smile I'm so glad you understand those last few lines he says to her. Actually, the whole thing. Thinking of you while watching that scene… omg. I feel so good. I know you'll be able to see your Landon soon, jaana. I just can't wait till you do. I think I'll be the third (ju and jur landon come first, na? lolly :P) mostest happiest person in the world on that day. Smile The look on her face… I can see it in yours. But the wisdom and strength in his words… I can hear in your voice, ya qulbee. Right Hug

Quote:
      “… and life is standing in front of you with open arms.

If you know what I mean… Stick out tongue *giggles* Big Smile … I love you. Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Raj appears on the train, looking out…

The way Pooja (Rani) is looking at him… as if she's watching her whole life walk out of that train.

[Tina]: Wow! So this is Raj! Not bad… For how many days do we have to do this drama? Two weeks, na? Leave it to Tina. I'll do even this for you.

The way Pooja isn't even reacting to anything Tina is saying, all she can see is that her Raj is finally here, in front of her eyes… The smile on her face… full of so much love and hope and peace…

Raj meets with the family members. Looks over at the girls and walks towards them. The way he's walking towards them so confidently and with so much excitement. The way Pooja is still lost in the reality of having him so close…

And when he's a few inches away from her, the excitement and joy in her eyes and in her smile… lasts for but a few seconds. Her eyes follow him as he walks right past her… to Tina. The way her smile crumbles, the way the twinkle of hope in her eyes diminishes at the rejection…

[Raj]: You must be Tina, right?

His words play over in her mind, “I'll recognize you as soon as I see you. Your picture is in my soul.” Pooja looks away from Raj… and smiles a broken smile. I guess she realizes how silly she was being. And so she pulls herself back together, puts on a smile and steps towards Tina and Raj, listening in on their conversation with a perfect smile.

[Raj]: You are even more beautiful than I imagined.

[Tina]: That I am! But you are not so bad yourself Mr- um America!

[Raj]: America? But I came from London.

[Tina]: London, America who cares! And anyhow, if I've said it once, then I've said it! Understand Mr. America?

*Everyone laughs*

[Raj]: God! You're too much! Hey! Pooja!

[Pooja]: *smiling perfectly* Yeah.

This scene… I can't describe how I feel about it. I had a dream that was very similar to this scene. Funny thing was, I was Rani, Tayba was Kareena, and Nessa was Hrithik. Our avatars… (this dream was before the avatars) I'm Rani, Tayba is Kareena, and Nessa is in love with Hrithik. *siiigh*

And it's weird… His name is Raj, he ignores Rani, he's from London, Tina turns him into Mr. America, thus making the connection between London and America…

I love this scene. Not because he ignores Rani, but because I can relate to the emotions that are wrapped up into this scene…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdghgHGB69c

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I was reading the third book to the Twilight saga last night (I'm in LOVE with it!!!) and of course I have a million favorite quotes from the books, but this one quote touched me in a way I am not able to explain.

Edward says to Bella right before he puts her to sleep by singing her the lullaby he made for her:

“Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love.”

The minute I read it, I swear to you, I burst into tears. It was awfully strange, because it wasn't just a few tears that pooled
      into my eyes and then slowly but rapidly fell down my cheeks. The tears
      didn't even have a chance to pool into my eyes, they just burst right
      out and started falling like a waterfall. I didn't just cry, I burst… into tears. Tears and I became one. The tears became me and I became the tears. It scared me. Because I had cried like that just a few weeks ago.

I love this quote.

boo
      Participant

Aww jaan… not to make light of your situation in a malicious way or anything (and believe you me, Tayba is going to murder me for this Big Smile)… but that quote from Twilight seems so… so… manufactured and fake…. Tongue Tied Maybe I think that because I think the whole of Twilight seems so manufactured and fake LOL but still… yuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Go to Raj and Simran if you want REAL love… Wink

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Fake? Why do you say that? Tongue Tied

I fell in love with Edward, actually, his love is so selfless (one of my favorite words when it comes to love) and… flawless. He's so beautiful in his ethics and he's so POLITE! I LOVE polite guys, they're quite literally awesome. Tongue Tied

boo
      Participant

It just seems so blechhhhhhh to me…. I can't explain why! Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

lol no worries jaan! Big Smile

I'm actually VERY irritated will Bella! Or the author I guess. I wanted to choke the author in the end of the third book! Angry

SPOILERS, DONT READ IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BOOKS

So in the third book, Bella realizes she's in love with her best friend, Jacob. Of course, her love for Edward is more and she can't live without him. But she loves Jacob as well. It pissed me off cuz she added that problem in unnecessarily. I loved Edward though. He didn't even get upset with her, just held her while she cried and told her that she was only human and asked if she had made the right choice. Cuz he woulda let her go to Jacob. I mean… how can anyone get more selfless and perfect? I woulda been happy if the author had let their love for each other be perfect. But nooooooooooo! she just HAD to make her love jacob too! Angry

A few people have told me I live in this fantasy world, a world in my head, and that I refuse to see the reality. I really do…

It's just that, I like the books, the movies to have perfect happy endings. Our life is full of enough sorrow and pain and flaws and imperfectness… do we need to read about it too when we're hoping for completely cheezy and perfect love stories? I mean, if you're going to write fiction, might as well KEEP it fiction, why add reality into it? Can we not at least delude ourselves in imaginary land?

Blah. The fourth book better fix everything, or else. Angry

boo
      Participant

Hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!

I love you!!!

You're so CUTE!!!

Mmmmwahhhh!!!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

*grumbles* quit laughing! Angry

{I love you too}

and ewww don't kiss me! Stick out tongue

boo
      Participant

HAHAHAHAHAH… MAN… I've had SO many people laugh at my fate of late, I deserve to laugh at someone! Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

awww jaaana! You can laugh at me ANYTIME then! I'm a laughingstock as it is! Big Smile C'mon, gimme your best laugh saali! Stick out tongue

*chokes boo in a tiiight hug*

boo
      Participant

I don't if I'll be choking from those hugs or with all that laughter… Indifferent

Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

There's only ONE way to find out, MISSY! Stick out tongue

boo
      Participant

Yeah… you and Oreo… sounds fine by me… Wink

Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

OYE! STOP confusing me! Angry I don't get it! *grumbles*

boo
      Participant

Aoo sunao pyaar ki ek kahani… Wink

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

lmao dude, stop it. that sounds creepy now cuz i call him my big bro Tongue Tied

boo
      Participant

haaaaaaaaaahahahaaahahahaaahahahha!!!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Angry

Shut up! or else i won't put monkey faces over her face!

boo
      Participant

Hahahahaha… noooo! I depend on you jaan!!! Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

***. You know that's my weakness! Fine, I'll put monkey faces on her face. Angry

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

grrr it cut out the word! I called you a b i t c h

boo
      Participant

Big Smile

Right back at ya pooface… Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

LMAO *thinks K3G*

*in a failed attempt at the british accent* Same to you, darling. Stick out tongue

serioComic
      Participant
      Quote:

Big Smile

hey heyyy..whats with all this name calling? if u hwana do it do it properly..

u can call her rani 'baboons-poo-smells-better-than-yrs' or rani 'yr-poo-stinks-more-than-a-garbage-truck'

mamatha
      Participant

serioComic
      Participant
      Quote:

again…this is sooo inspiring! wow!!

mamatha
      Participant

It is …. for me……..

Thats my state of mind presently

serioComic
      Participant
      Quote:
      It is …. for me…….. Thats my state of mind presently

a blank? yup..thats not surprising. i can help you tho..

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Mamatha, don't take what he says to heart, he's only messing with you! Smile

Quote:

Quote:

Big Smile

hey heyyy..whats with all this name calling? if u hwana do it do it properly..

u can call her rani 'baboons-poo-smells-better-than-yrs' or rani 'yr-poo-stinks-more-than-a-garbage-truck'

You know, I was actually thinking the same about you! Stick out tongue

mamatha
      Participant

thanks Rani for the concern

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

You're welcome ji!

serioComic
      Participant

who says im messing with u mamatha? im SERIOus!

boo
      Participant
      Quote:

Ahhhh…. being kiddies again!! Loooooooovee it!! <3

OK Serio 'baboon's-poo-smells-better-than-yours' Comic… are you training me for Dark Side or something? Big Smile You do realise I'll just use all my newly-acquired skills to save the others and push you off the cliff instead…? Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant
      Quote:
      OK Serio 'baboon's-poo-smells-better-than-yours' Comic… are you training me for Dark Side or something? Big Smile You do realise I'll just use all my newly-acquired skills to save the others and push you off the cliff instead…? Big Smile

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

boo
      Participant

Raniiiiiiiii you saali… <3 At least say something instead of just laughing your a$$ off at me… Big Smile

boo
      Participant
      Quote:

One of my all time favourite Bollywood movies is Tum Bin. I remember when I was 15, or maybe even 16, this movie had come out. I remember my mother and I rushing into the cinema angry that we'd missed the first few minutes. I remember crying the whole way through it, I remember feeling breath taken at the beauty of the setting, the dialogues, the lyrics of the oh so beautiful songs in this movie. The love portrayed in this film is beautiful. I haven't seen this film in the longest time… and now I have an urge to watch it again. The songs are close to my heart. Very close, in fact. They take me back to a time where I was so happy. They remind me of someone who I can never forget. Everytime I come across these songs I feel like that 15 year old girl who used to sit with tears in her eyes as she realised how much these songs fit her life. They touch my heart everytime.

I came across a scene from the film on Youtube and well… wow. It's crazy that the scene I came across is exactly how I feel right now about that someone I used to know.

*Piya sits in the snow crying, missing her fiancee, Amar, who died in a car crash*

She looks up and sees Amar.

Amar wipes her tears and says:

“What happened? You were enjoying the snow right? You always used to like the snow, Piya… So then what happened today? Tears fell from these eyes?”

*wipes her tears again*

He continues:

“Piya, by my going, this world didn't stop. The wind didn't stop blowing, these breaths didn't stop…”

*He looks at the sky*

“This snow didn't stop falling…”

*He looks back at her and smiles*

“Then how did your life stop?”

*He puts his hands on her face as she looks on shocked*

“Look, Piya, the time we would have spent together was neither in your control, nor in mine. It is just a fantasy now. And how can we cry over a fantasy? The thing to remember is the time we did spend together… and when you remember that time, you'll only smile. I can't come back, Piya… and life is standing in front of you with open arms. I know you won't be able to forget me… but remember me in such a way that I am able to help you live…”

These last few lines are beyond beautiful… they touch me so much. Right now they're what I needed to hear in so many ways. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVDs9e5Jwc&feature=related

Smile

I needed this too. Smile

boo
      Participant

Ha… I KNEW Tum Bin would ring a bell… Khushi sent me a ghazal (ha… what else!) from that movie… Smile Koi Fariyaad…

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant
      Quote:

Raniiiiiiiii you saali… <3 At least say something instead of just laughing your a$ off at me… Big Smile

I like using up forum space. Wink

boo
      Participant

Blah. Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

And apparently, so do you! Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Movie: Veer-Zaara

Zaara: Yeh sab meri ek nadaani ke vaja se hua. Maine apne aap se ek vaada kiya tha: ke main nahi tootungi. Agar kal main aap ko dekh kar apne aap ko rok leyti –

Veer: Uss ek, uss ek nadaani ke sahaare toh main apni puri zindagi jeene waala hoon. Aur usko bhi mujh se cheen leyti, toh yahaan se waapas kya leke jaata?

Translation:

Zaara: This all happened because of my one nadaani (nadaani is some mistake you do in your innocence. Could be an antic too). I had made one promise to myself: that I won't break. If yesterday, after seeing you, I had stopped myself-

Veer: Under the support of that one nadaani of yours, I'm going to live the rest of my life. And if you had also stolen that from me, then what would I have taken back from here with me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt6cBoJcsV0

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Bridge scene.

Zaara: Aap kitni baar meri jaan bachaayenge?

Veer: Aap jitni baar apni jaan gavaayengi.

Translation:

Zaara: How many times are you going to save my life?

Veer: As many times as you put your life at risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vuonJ7yDM&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cE8Ywf_ZJ0

*siiiigh* What a beautiful thing to say to someone. Smile This reminds me of Edward and Bella lolly Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Train scene.

Veer: Sarhad paar ek aisa shaks hai, jo aap ke liye apni jaan bhi dey dega.

Translation:

Veer: On the other side of the border, is someone who will give up his life for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQq4b9rs9cw

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Jail scene.

Veer: Bais saalon se uski izzat ki hifaazat kar raha hoon. Aaj ussi izzat ko apne kadmon tale rond kar ghar kaise jaa sakta hoon? Yeh mujhse nahi hoga Saamiya, aur main jaanta hoon yeh tumse bhi nahi hoga.

Translation:

Veer: Fotwenty-two years I have been protecting/guarding her honor. How can I go home today after grinding that honor under my feet? Saamiya, I won't be able to do this, and I know that you won't be able to do this either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zub6ZXDHu4k&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBlt-0m26g

boo
      Participant
      Quote:

Jail scene.

Veer: Bais saalon se uski izzat ki hifaazat kar raha hoon. Aaj ussi izzat ko apne kadmon tale rond kar ghar kaise jaa sakta hoon? Yeh mujhse nahi hoga Saamiya, aur main jaanta hoon yeh tumse bhi nahi hoga.

Translation:

Veer: Fotwenty-two years I have been protecting/guarding her honor. How can I go home today after grinding that honor under my feet? Saamiya, I won't be able to do this, and I know that you won't be able to do this either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zub6ZXDHu4k&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBlt-0m26g

Arre wah. Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I know… <3

My most favorite scene from the movie (the one where she speaks to her mom about him for the first time) isn't on youtube. Sad

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Movie: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Scene: Chat Scene

*Tani is standing on the chat and Suri comes in behind her and clears her throat. Tani slowly turns around and smiles at him. she lowers her gaze, and then looks up at him again.*

Tani: I'm sorry. Maine aaj saara din bada ghalat behave kiya. Maine aap se apni marzi se shaadi kari, toh mujhe koi haq nahi banta ke main baghwan ji ka ghussa aap par nikalu. Main aap se vaada karti hai, ke main ek achi wife ban kar dikhaungi. Aap… aap bas thoda deeraj rakiyega please. Woh kya hai ki, mujhe puraani Tani ko mar kar ek nayi Tani banna hai.Uss mein kuch waqt lage ga.

*Suri looks shocked and upset. He lowers his head and nods slightly.*

Tani: Ek aur baat kehni thi aap se.

*Suri looks back up at her and slightly nods again.*

Tani: Main aap se kabhi pyaar nahi kar paaungi. Mujh mein woh pyaar raha nahi kisse ko deyne ki liye. Mujhe nahi patha, ke aap ki liye zindagi bar pyaar ke bina jeena mumkin hai… ki nahi. Aur… aur agar nahi hai, toh main zabardasti aap par bojh nai banna chahti.

*Suri lowers his gaze…sighs, looks back up at her and smiles a broken smile*

Suri: Yeh pyaar kya hota hai Tani ji, mujhe nahi patha. Aaj thak aisi good luck hui nahi, ke kisse lady se pyaar ho jaaye. Actually main toh kissi ladies ko jaanta hi nahi – pyaar toh door ki baat hai. Bas aaj jo aap ne mere dosto ke saamne meri izzat rakli, mere liye toh wohi pyaar hai ji. Isse zyaada pyaar ki na hi mujhe aadat hai, na hi zaroorat.

*Tani smiles.*

Tani: Aap bohot lucky hai Surinder ji, ke aap ko kabhi pyaar nahi hua. Duniya mein pyaar se zyaada dard, kuch nahi hota. Acha ji, good night.

Suri: ji.

*Tani walks away*

Suri: Ab samajh mein aaya Tani ji, mujhe doh dino se itna dard kyun ho raha. Aap ko pehli baar dekh ke, aap se love jo hogaya tha mujhe.

*Suri looks towards where she walked off to.*

Suri: Good night ji.

Translation:

*Tani is standing on the chat and Suri comes in behind her and
      clears her throat. Tani slowly turns around and smiles at him. she
      lowers her gaze, and then looks up at him again.*

Tani: I'm sorry. I behaved very wrong all day today. I married you out of my own free will, so I have no right to take Baghwani ji's anger out on you. I make a promise to you, that I'll prove a good wife. You… you just have a little patience please. It's just that, I have to kill the old Tani and become a new Tani. That will take some time.

*Suri looks shocked and upset. He lowers his head and nods slightly.*

Tani: I had to say one more thing to you.

*Suri looks back up at her and slightly nods again.*

Tani: I will never be able to love you. That love no longer remains in me to give to someone. I don't know if it is possible for you to live the rest of your life without love… or not. And… and if it's not, then I don't want to become a burden on you by force.

*Suri lowers his gaze…sighs, looks back up at her and smiles a broken smile*

Suri: What this love is Tani ji, I don't know. Till date, I haven't had such good luck to love some lady. Actually, I don't even know any ladies – love is a far away talk. That you kept my honor in front of my friends today, that for me is love ji. I am not habituated to more love th

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Movie: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Scene: On the bike in the first rain of the season with Raj.

Suri/Raj: Aap ka dil chahta hai ke uska dard kam ho jaaye.

Translation:

Suri/Raj: Your heart wants for its pain to lessen.

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.