Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Parusha
      Participant

Hi can someone help me please, I need the english translation for Kyon Hawa from Veer Zaara. It would be much appreciated if it could be translated from the very beginning of the song where the narrator is speaking/reciting a poem.

Thank you.Smile [:)]

Samira

Marine
      Participant

Hey Parusha Welcome to the forum I will post the one you have requested but you can find the rest from http://www.bollywhat.com

commpliment of bollywhat.

KYON HAWA
      Yash Chopra speaks:
      ek din jab savere savere surma’ii se a.ndher kii chaadar haTke, ek parbat ke takiye se suuraj ne sar jo uTHaaya to dekha dil kii vaadii me.n chaahat ka mausam hai. Aur yaado.n kii Daaliyo.n par anginat biite lamho.n kii kaliyaa.n mahakne lagii hai.n. Ankahii ansunii aarzuu aadhii so’ii hu’ii aadhii jaagii hu’ii aa.nkhe.n maltii hu’ii dekhtii hai. Lahar dar lahar mauj dar mauj bahatii hu’ii zi.ndagii jaise har pal na’ii hai. Aur phir bhii vahii. Haa.n vahii zi.ndagii jiske daaman me.n ek muhabbat bhii hai ek hasrat bhii hai. Paas aana bhii hai duur jaana bhii hai. Aur yeh ahasaas hai vaqt jharne sa bahata hu’aa jaa raaha hai yeh kahata hu’aa: dil kii vaadii me.n chaahat ka mausam hai, aur yaado.n kii Daaliyo.n par anginat biite lamho.n kii kaliyaa.n mahakne lagii hai.n.

[bold]One day, early in the morning, tossing off the gray blanket of dawn, the sun lifted its head from its mountain pillow and saw that the season of love had arrived in the valley of the heart. And on the branches of memory, countless flowerbuds of past moments were starting to scent the air. Unvoiced, unheard longings, half conscious and half unconscious, were waking, rubbing their eyes, looking around. Life flows like waves, wave upon wave, every moment new, but nevertheless always the same. Yes, life! in whose folds there is both love and grief, meetings as well as partings. It flows and ripples, and as it p***es us, it tells of a season of love arrived in the valley of hearts, where, on the branches of memory, countless flowerbuds of past moments have started to scent the air.

kyo.n hawaa aaj yuu.n gaa rahii hai
      Why is the breeze singing today?
      kyo.n fiza ra.ng chhalka rahii hai
      Why is the whole atmosphere saturated with color?
      mere dil bataa aaj hona hai kya
      Tell me, my heart, what is destined to happen today?
      chaa.ndanii din me.n kyo.n chhaa rahii hai
      Why is moonlight spreading into the day?
      zi.ndagii kis taraf jaa rahii hai
      What path is life taking?
      mere dil bataa kya hai yeh silsila
      My heart, explain this chain of events!
      gaa rahii hai… It’s singing…
      jahaa.n tak bhii jaa’e.n nigaahe.n baraste hai.n jaise ujaale… Everywhere I look, light is showering down.
      sajii aaj kyo.n hai.n ye raahe.n
      Why are the roads so resplendent today?
      khile phuul kyo.n hai niraale
      Why do the blooming flowers look so extraordinary?
      khushbu’e.n kaisii ye bah rahii hai.n
      How is such a fragrance floating on the wind?
      dhaRkane.n jaane kya kah rahii hai.n
      Who knows what my heartbeats are telling me!
      mere dil bataa yeh kahaanii hai kya
      My heart, tell me, what is this story?
      Why is the wind singing to me today?

yeh kiska hai chehara jise mai.n har ek phuul me.n dekhta huu.n… Whose face is this that I see in every flower?
      yeh kisii aawaaz jisko na sunke bhii mai.n sun rahaa huu.n
      Whose voice is this that I hear even when I’m not listening?
      kaisii ye aahaTe.n aa rahii hai.n kaise ye khwaab dikhla rahii hai What sort of footsteps are these that approach? What sort of dreams am I being shown?
      mere dil bataa kaun hai aa rahaa
      Tell me, my heart; who is coming?

Parusha
      Participant

Thanks a million Marine. You’re a star. The most important part I wanted was the part that Yash Chopra speaks.

Parusha

Marine
      Participant

Your WelcomeBig Smile [:D] So SOuth Africa How is it there I have always wondered[:0]

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.