Duniya mei hum aaye hain to… (Mother India 1957)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ur Doctor
      Participant

Hello. I am looking for an old song that goes something like “dunya main hum ayee hai toh jeena hi parega…zeher ho something ho toh peena hi parega..”
      I dont know the rest of the lyrics and can someone please tell me the name of the movie and provide the lyrics for me too? And if possible can someone tell me where i can listen to it?

Thank you. Smile [:)]

Madhu
      Participant

The song you are looking for is from Mother India and was sung by Lata Mangeshkar with her younger sisters Usha and Meena Mangeshkar. On screen Nargis sang it with her kids. You can listen to this song on my website. Please note that it is on the Lata Mangeshkar page in the very last link at the bottom of the page listed as misc. duets and group songs. The lyrics are also posted there. Here is the link:

http://madhulata.tripod.com/

Madhu Smile [:)]

Madhu
      Participant

I just wanted to let you know that I changed the format of that page so you can still click on the same link which will take you to the website. However, now you have to look at the menu on the left. It is at the bottom of the menu on the left as Lata & Misc. Singers / Group Songs.

However, here is another link directly to the page with the downloadable song and lyrics:

http://lata-group.tripod.com/

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

oh I was just looking for this song! I love it! Its a beautiful song…
      Thank you so much Madhu for providing the lyrics and link to the song. Smile [:)] and Ur doctor for asking. Big Smile [:D] hehe.

I love sleep…my life has a tendency to fall apart when I’m awake.

Madhu
      Participant

it is a beautiful song but also heart breaking. I have seen Mother India several times since I have the VCD for it. Every time we get to this song I can’t help crying. Tears just flow.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I know exactly what you mean Madhu ji. I cant help myself either. Especially when life isn’t so great at the moment. But this song also makes me feel better. You know the part she says, “Malik hai tere saath na darr ghum se tu ey dil, mehnat kare insaan to kya kaam hai mushkil?” This part always makes me feel better. Smile [:)]
      It’s totally right. Why fear when God is with us? and the part, “Ghum jisne diye hai vohi ghum door karega” That part is also true. I just love this song.

Thank you once again for the link. Smile [:)]

Rani__x
      Participant

Thankyou sooo much for this song – my mum has been dying to listen to it for aages and I couldn’t find it ANYWHERE =S

But now she’s happy.

=D woo!

Rani__x

Dekho yeh pagli deewani, duniya se hai yeh anjaani…

Madhu
      Participant

It was my pleasure. It is not often that any one here is looking for old songs though we have many older songs that have much more meaningful lyrics. I for one listen to the lyrics as well as the beat.

Madhu
      Participant

quote:

Originally posted by RaNi iS ThE BeS

I know exactly what you mean Madhu ji. I cant help myself either. Especially when life isn’t so great at the moment. But this song also makes me feel better. You know the part she says, “Malik hai tere saath na darr ghum se tu ey dil, mehnat kare insaan to kya kaam hai mushkil?” This part always makes me feel better. Smile [:)]
      It’s totally right. Why fear when God is with us? and the part, “Ghum jisne diye hai vohi ghum door karega” That part is also true. I just love this song.

Thank you once again for the link. Smile [:)]

I am glad to see that you are looking at life optimistically. Sab ke jeevan mei gam aataa hai magar jo gam dete hain wahee zindagee ko sanwaarte bhee hain. aayee musibat tal jaayegee. asha aur ummeed banaaye rakho. buray dino ke baad ache din hamesha aate hain.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I am glad to see that you are looking at life optimistically. Sab ke jeevan mei gam aataa hai magar jo gam dete hain wahee zindagee ko sanwaarte bhee hain. aayee musibat tal jaayegee. asha aur ummeed banaaye rakho. buray dino ke baad ache din hamesha aate hain.

Madhu ji- aww thank you. Smile [:)] You’re right. Musibat to hamesha hi tal jaate hain. Aur there is always a tomorrow. Today is the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday.Big Smile [:D] aur i will never(Inshallah) lose hope. Smile [:)] Thanks. Big Smile [:D]Smile [:)] and this song always does remind me of better tomorrows. Big Smile [:D]

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.