Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Khushi
      Participant

Hey guys, thought of this – hope you all like the idea! Here's my first dedication.

This one goes to Rani and Boo. Please remember me… Right Hug Right Hug

“Khyaal karna bahut zarurai hai
      Isme ilaaj ki shakti hai
      Ek marham hai jisse dard mit ta hai
      Bache ko tasalli ho jaati hai ki uska koi khyaal karta hai
      Ek aadh jhappi pyaar bhari pappi
      Ye dikhaane ko ki main khayaal karta hoon
      Beta main tumse pyaar karta hun
      Agar koi fikar ho to mere paas aao
      Kya hua jo tum fisle, galti hui, main hoon na
      Ye dilaasa, khyaal karna”
      — Taare Zameen Par.

boo
      Participant

To an idiotic bA$****…

Kuch kuch hota hai, Rahul… tum nahin samjhoge…

— Anjali, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Unique_Princess
      Participant
      Quote:

To an idiotic bA$****…

Kuch kuch hota hai, Rahul… tum nahin samjhoge…

— Anjali, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

Classic.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant
      Quote:
      This one goes to Rani and Boo. Please remember me… Right Hug Right Hug

How can we ever forget you? Left Hug I love you.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

This one is for my twin ji and my dii… Right Hug Right Hug

Tussi jaa rahe ho? Tussi naa jao…

— That one kid, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

boo
      Participant

I love 'The Holiday'. It's a perfect kind of movie – Christmas spirit and sweet love stories and that feel-good factor… I love it. I can also, very very well, relate to Iris's character in the film. Big Smile I have even done the whole “Lowpoint!” *slaps self* thing… (minus the gas part)… LMAO! Anyway, these two dialogues are from me to you, Tayba… Smile I love them both….

I was watching this scene yesterday… and as with every time I see this scene, I sighed. It's so simply written and so true…. sigh. =)

“I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends… you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade.”

— Iris, The Holiday

I only dedicate Arthur's dialogue to you (haha – you're supposed to reply with Iris's dialogue lmao… Big Smile), but I love this scene… it's very nice. Smile

Arthur Abbott: Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.
      Iris: You're so right. You're supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god's sake! Arthur, I've been going to a therapist for three years, and she's never explained things to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant.

Big Smile

Khushi
      Participant

“Arre ab bas!”Garaj ke Laila boli“Yeh araj nahi hai, Garaj garaj ke Laila boli” Theek yehi hai shrat agarMain nikah karungi aaj Theek yehi hai shrat agarMain nikah karungi aaj Par Majnu ko, abba, nikaaldoSheherse bin aawaz. Is sheher ke saare patthar bhi Ab thake pade hai bechaale Jho tujhe jaan ke mare, Majnu, Mujhe pade hai bechaale Jawan Bahqt ko badan diyaPar dhadkan chode jaati hoonRakhna sambhaal ke Kais Aajse zindabhar kehlaati hoon Par kasam ke tumbin jho bhi Mere badan ko chune aayegaBhaad maas ke badle meinMeeti ka theela paayega Aane waale kal mein Yeh sansaar daraa chilaayega Jab qabra humaari phool chadhaaneKhuda zameen pe aayegaJab khuda zameen pe aayegaJab khuda zameen pe aayega…

boo
      Participant

Beautiful.

Now may I have a translation please? Stick out tongue Hehe! Just the Juliets in agony (arre you're becoming like Senor, Khushi… why a capital letter for agony? Sad lol… Big Smile) thing… I want to translate and understand and feel the Taare Zameen Par thing myself… somehow. I'll nag the people I know to tell me the meanings of the words and I'll learn it khud.

Unique_Princess
      Participant

From A Walk To Remember… Of course.. Smile.

'….Our love is like the windI can't see it, but I can feel it….'

I miss you. More than I can say.

madhurdixit
      Participant

The best dialogue in the film history, in my eyes, but an English translation gives it no justice at all!

“Arre ab bas!”Garaj ke Laila boli

“No stop!” yelled Laila

“Yeh araj nahi hai”, Garaj garaj ke Laila boli

“This is not a request” yelled Laila

“ Theek yehi hai shrat agar Main nikah karungi aaj

“This is the condition if I marry today

Theek yehi hai shrat agar Main nikah karungi aaj

This is the condition if I marry today

Par Majnu ko, abba, nikaaldo Sheherse bin aawaz.

Father, but let Majnu go from this city without no one knowing

Is sheher ke saare patthar bhi Ab thake pade hai bechaale

All the helpless stones in this city are tired

Jho tujhe jaan ke mare, Majnu, Mujhe pade hai bechaale

That hit you, Majnu, they also hit me

Jawan Bahqt ko badan diya Par dhadkan chode jaati hoon

<p styl

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.