Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I can't wait to see it!

The songs are so beautiful! I love them! My favorites are bebasi, dard ka aalam, and Gaa re mann. Smile The lyrics are so beautiful. Both songs make me cry, I wonder what I will do when I see the movie!

I am in love with the way Rani starts singing in the song, Gaa re Mann. The music, the dance steps, Rani herself! So beautiful! I love that part! Here is a link to the trailer I saw it on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNrRg8Xfg6c

Here is a link to the absolutely beautiful song, bebasi, dard ka aalam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1OP8-EuPKY

Rani wore a dress that is very similar to the typical Afgani dress in the music launch! Big Smile

Here are some pics:

She looks beautiful, na? Big Smile

Mukesh
      Keymaster

checked it out, nice, also cant wait to watch this movie

cute pics as well

Unique_Princess
      Participant

I went to see it today. It wasnt as good as I expected, they bigged it up so much in the promos. Rani looked stunning. She is a fantastic and versatile actress who isnt afraid to appear in front of the screen without make up. I loved some of the clothes she wore. Salman has put weight on but he still looked nice, John – hot as always but could do with a shave. His acting was okay too. I like the pairing of Amitabh and Hema Malini. The songs are beautiful. Kunal, Shreya and Sonu have amazing voices which sounded awesome playing loudly in the cinema. I love Dil deewana, Bebasi dard ka alaam, gaa re mann, baavri piya and kehta hai baabul. Har Manzar and Come on Come on were good too.

Rani: the pics were great, rani does look so stunning! shes one of my faves too.

Mukesh
      Keymaster

finally got to watch this movie last n8

tugs at yr emotion…well mine…love love love, once again love triangles jeez

salu is absoooolutely gorgeous, did he have to leave sooooo sooon – he was the highlight of this movie…

luved the “chemistry” between him and amitabh

rani, not at her very best but good enuf, she looked like she had more important things on her mind throughout the movie…

the whole plot however, which basically surrounds widows and the prejudices they face

especially in the indian community…

i was getting a bit impatient with the Pushpa lady, coz just looking at her, one can see how sad her life is..yet she remains quiet taking all the goddamn bullshit from “who was that annoying ol man supposed to be again??”

all in all it was a thought provoking movie, i loved the MUSIC, gosh not the voices singing but the MUSIC in the background, beeeeeautiful stuff….definitely add to my collection

Hema and Rani's sarees were reallly gorgeous, loved the fabric…

Amitabh, damn he can still shake dat booty hehehehe

nice movie…

John, aargh, such an idiot, walking away from his true love….hate MEN like that

no willpower to speak their mind..confess their love, soooo to speak..then he goes on to tell Rani, ” when in love, think with yr heart not yr mind, or sums to that effect” for crying out loud…..

okaaaaay dats my bit…

its watch-able…very colorful and, and, and they play golf yipeeeeehyay

haniirani
      Participant

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what are the 'prejudices' that widows face in the Indian community?

Anyway, I have seen Baabul and I loved the climax. That was the most heartwrenching scene in the movie…

Mukesh
      Keymaster
      haniirani:

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what are the 'prejudices' that widows face in the Indian community?

Anyway, I have seen Baabul and I loved the climax. That was the most heartwrenching scene in the movie…

errrrrrr how am I supposed to know?? oooops sowrie if that came off sounding rude…but really ……..

it was one of the main points in the movie…or maybe I just didnt understand the whole plot???? aaargh I dunno

as for widows being Prejudiced…in the Indian community???

well where I am from…..specifically my lil community….I dnt see any prejudice against widowed women and we'r a mixture of religions

as in Hindu, tamil, Muslim, Christian, ….I guess we'r just open-minded individuals, am not saying eveyone else

isnt…oh wat the heck…will give u an elaborate explanation later on okies…

boo
      Participant
      haniirani:

Have you seen Mira Nair's Water? A lovely film, if you're into thought-provoking, so called “art” films… Smile Doubt it will give you that big an insight into the world of widows in Indian community (in fact, it will probably raise more questions), but if you're interested in the topic, I would recommend this film… just don't watch it expecting a lot of usual Bollywood 'kitsch'ness… Smile

haniirani
      Participant
      Scar face:
      haniirani:

errrrrrr how am I supposed to know?? oooops sowrie if that came off sounding rude…but really ……..

it was one of the main points in the movie…or maybe I just didnt understand the whole plot???? aaargh I dunno

as for widows being Prejudiced…in the Indian community???

well where I am from…..specifically my lil community….I dnt see any prejudice against widowed women and we'r a mixture of religions

as in Hindu, tamil, Muslim, Christian, ….I guess we'r just open-minded individuals, am not saying eveyone else

isnt…oh wat the heck…will give u an elaborate explanation later on okies…

oops, I guess I phrased my question wrongly.

I meant to ask, “Does anybody know the difficulties/prejudices that Hindu widows face?” Smile

haniirani
      Participant
      boo:

Have you seen Mira Nair's Water? A lovely film, if you're into thought-provoking, so called “art” films… Smile Doubt it will give you that big an insight into the world of widows in Indian community (in fact, it will probably raise more questions), but if you're interested in the topic, I would recommend this film… just don't watch it expecting a lot of usual Bollywood 'kitsch'ness… Smile

Oh yes, Water. I'm actually gonna watch this movie soon.

But anyways, thanks boo. Smile

ramz89
      Participant
      haniirani:

I completely agree, I think it was the climax that turned the whole dynamic of the film from a typical love triangle just-about-staying-awake film to a heart-wrenching tale about the poor father who only wants the best for his kids. I was THIS close to rating it a dire 2/10 before the climax scene, but amitabh's lil speech and the whole justification of it all rounded it off to a nice 8/10. Big Smile

ramz89
      Participant

btw WOW rani, great pics! I absolutely lub the dress she's wearing. Is that available to buy..? I like that it's glamorous yet very modest aswell, (which I kinda think defines Rani Mukherjee in general Big Smile)

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Ramz – sooo sorry for the extremely late reply! But yeah, I don't know if the dress is available to buy…I don't think it is, I would totally buy it if it is! Big Smile

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

Wud u ?? purchase a dress, should you find one exactly like that??

Kewl, I can smell $$ coming my way already… I think Hema’s Saree is gorgeous as well..double wow

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.