Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Akshay_4
      Participant

Can Anyone please give me the lyrics of the song aplam chaplam?

thank you

Madhu
      Participant

I had actually replied to this post last week but evidently that was one of those that got pulled into the black hole and disappeared when the forum had a problem and some posts got wiped out.

The original song Aplam Chaplam is from the movie Azad (aazaad) and was sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Usha Mangeshkar back in the 50s. When I used the google search engine to find the song lyrics, I found out that the song has been remixed and sung by Sneha Pant recently. I have not heard the remix version so I don’t know if they used only the opening lines or the entire song lyrics. If you know a site that has this song then I may be able to listen and provide you the lyrics. If you have the mp3 you can upload it at http://megaupload.com/ and then send me the new URL and I will see what I can do.

Good Luck!

Madhu Smile [:)]

Akshay_4
      Participant
      Madhu
      Participant

Sorry for the late response. Things have been a bit hectic at home lately and I have not had the time. Also, those that I translated recently were done at odd hours and I did not have to play the song to get the lyrics so I could do while the family was asleep. For this song I needed to be able to listen to both versions of the song. I don’t like using head phones when I am on the PC, so I had to wait till I could find time during the day.

These are the lyrics from the song aplam chaplam in the movie Azad (1955) sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Usha Mangeshkar. You can hear the original song at the following site:

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/17/s/movie_name.205/

(aplam chaplam chaplaayee re
      duniyaa ko chod teri gali aayee re aayee re aayee re)2
      ho duniyaa ko chod teri gali aayee re aayee re aayee re

(badaa majboor kiyaa, haay tere pyaar ne,
      maar diyaa maar diyaa, haay tere pyaar ne)2
      (ab pachhtaaye dil haay kith jaaye dil)2
      kaahe ko ye aag lagaayee re lagaayee re lagaayee re
      aplam chaplam chaplaayee re
      duniyaa ko chod teri gali aayee re aayee re aayee re

(teraa meraa khel hai, ye pyaar jo mai jaantee
      bhool ke bhee baat kabhi dil ki naa maantee)2
      (dil baimaan huaa, dekho jee paraayaa huaa)2
      roye roye jaan gawaayee re gawaayee re gawaaye re
      aplam chaplam chaplaayee re
      duniyaa ko chod teri gali aayee re aayee re aayee re

(dagaa dene waalaa dekho kaisaa dagaa de gayaa
      chod gayaa yaad aur dil meraa le gayaa)2
      (maine hee kasoor kiyaa aise ko jo dil diyaa)2
      sudh budh sab bisraayee re
      (aplam chaplam chaplaayee re
      duniyaa ko chod teri gali aayee re aayee re aayee re)2

The remix you uploaded had the same lyrics but they sang only the first two stanzas. In between they added a few lines. Unfortunately that was in the back ground and I did not quite catch it. I would have to play the song much louder to try to decipher those lines. It sounded like the phrase “dilwar tere sadke”. Also, there is a male voice saying “don’t you know” and “what is this aplam chaplam”.

Hope it helps.

Madhu Smile [:)]

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.