Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      boo
      Participant

This time in my day, usually, I am on Facebook… so I thought, for once, (after a status update, of course… Wink) I'll close the Facebook window and open my Home one… Smile

Coming on this forum (especially nowadays) feels like switching on the T.V. unusually early in the morning and finding and old show you always used to watch, cuddling up with a hot drink and enjoying it and reliving the days of your innocence again… even if you don't watch it as religiously as you used to, you can never ever not love it, you can never ever not feel its warmth, however many days months years have passed. What I'm trying to say is, it's always a welcoming pair of arms, regardless of whether you are in need of them or not.

And if there is one thing the forum has always taught me, it's that evergreen Beatles lyric… a song's lyrics only ever make sense to you if you have 'lived' them… and this forum has been exemplary in making me truly understand what it is we all need. On every level. From the simple warmth of friendship, to love for your beliefs, to love for your soulmate and finally and possibly most importantly, love for your own self.

There's not much more I can say in words of praise for this place… there will never be much more I can say, it is not something that can be trapped into words… you all have more than just felt it, so here's a toast to BWL! A truly random, spontaneous, well-meant toast for this forum that has touched us………. and to its beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous, crazy, fun, intelligent, kind, witty people. Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Ditto to everything you said daarling. Right Hug

This place… truly is my home. The people that I call my family here, truly are my family.

Ohana means family. And family means no one gets left behind.

I don't know… to me, home is something you can never let go of. Sure, this forum hasn't just given me joy, there were times when it hurt me to come here, and sometimes, when I think back on everything, pain is definitely a part of my memories. But that's what family does, innit? We fight, we hate each other, we may even want to run away from each other, and for a time, we do run away… but in the end, it's home, it's family. We can hate and love each other at the exact same time. But love… love overpowers hate every single time.

Khushi once said to me, “You mean half my virtual world to me.” And I just want to say that even if I don't come here as often as I used to… in the internet world, this is the only place I can call home and it means more to me than anything else in my virtual world.

My sister and I were watching Dragon Tales the other day (lol yes its a kiddy show, but i love it) and I don't know if you guys have heard of it, but it's about these two siblings, Max and Emmy who find a dragon scale in their attic (I think) and when they say a few magical words, they appear in a different dimension. A world full of dragons (lol) but friendly ones, caring ones, loving ones. Like Narnia i gess. So whatever, back to my point. My sister says, “I wish we had that.” A magical place we can go to and forget our worries for a while. Or SHARE our worries and get love and support in return. A refuge of sorts. And I realized… I did have that. I do have that. Smile

I love this place. I love my family here. Smile Right Hug

boo
      Participant

Smile

See how much this forum is a part of my life?

I bought a VERY cheap, second-hand black and white laser printer off a friend (for like… one fifths, or even less than that of its original price… absolute freaking bargain… Khushi would have been so proud of me! Big Smile)… and seeing as I couldn't sleep, I decided I might as well install it onto my laptop… and I thought, “Hmm… to test its printing, I have to try something special for the first time…” … and OK fine fine fineee yes the first thing I printed was something he wrote (Stick out tongue… leave a girl alone, OK?! Stick out tongue)… but I knew I couldn't show that to people who wanted to see how well my printer was working (and it works a DREAM… I love it!!), and so I decided to print out Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jaana Sanam lyrics (ha ha ha yes… that has 'him' in it too but stilllll… Stick out tongue)…. from no other than my beloved BWL website… I printed out the full thing, without trying to minimise the number of pages or copying and pasting onto a word document or anything… just the whole thing… as I used to collect Hindi song lyrics and translations from this website and put them all into a small purple file (for those of you who remember this story… lol)… Smile

I guess I needed this forum's…. aura… 'blessings', if you like… Smile

LOL… most people would want a God of some form or other for blessings… and whom do I choose but my own God (him) and BWL… LOL… sigh.

I love it. I love you guys. Mad people. Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

LMAO PAGAL! You are truly adorable, you know that? Big Smile I really could see you printing out something he wrote before anyone else! Stick out tongue Meri pagli, come here Right Hug

Yes, I remember the story. Stick out tongue

We love you too, madder person. Smile

boo
      Participant

Huh? What story?

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant
      Quote:
      as I used to collect Hindi song lyrics and translations from this website and put them all into a small purple file (for those of you who remember this story… lol)… Smile

Slow.

boo
      Participant

Shut uppppp…. Stick out tongue At least I am not faltoo enough to go back and read everything I've written, just to find that quote, quote it, bold it and tell me I'm slow! Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I never said I wasn't faltoo! I'll take the blame, guilty as charged ma'am! Stick out tongue

and I didn't have to re-read it all, it was pretty easy to find, quote, bold, and post. Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

lol I wanna give this another try:

*ahem* Anything for you, my love… Wink

boo
      Participant

???

You are SO random. Surprise

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

And your point is?!?!?! Stick out tongue

boo
      Participant

That you are so random.

Duh.

Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

LOL What's it to you! Angry

kavita_0026
      Participant

watching you guys go at it

is fun

lol

boo
      Participant

You're my twin, and I got a reputation to protect b*tch… Wink Much as Oreo will disagree….

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Okay so… I don't follow? Tongue Tied

Damn! I always gotta lose to my slowness! Sad

boo
      Participant

Have you met our dear “Slow Joe” Sapno? I can't remember if she was here when you were here! But you could have given her a run for her money… Wink

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

LMAO I did meet her! and you just took it away from me in the other thread! LMAO NUTCASE! Stick out tongue

boo
      Participant

……… you had the perfect opportunity to call ME slow there and you missed out. Too bad. Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Imma choke you today.

boo
      Participant

Stick out tongue

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I LET you win all the fights today.

serioComic
      Participant

boogedy, pls bring back slow joe sapno so that we can compare who is slower. showdown of the Queen of Slowness – Slow Joe Sapno vs Rani Is the Bes 'Snail'

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Oye! I'm not signed up for no contest! Stick out tongue

Unique_Princess
      Participant

lol… slow joe sapno the tubelight… with no spaces between her punctuation… haha…. memories.

boo
      Participant

lmbo! why don't i remember this whole no punctuation thing huh? Tongue Tied

ahhh is anyone here in contact with her? :/ she got married right… and had a kid… :/ ?

kavita_0026
      Participant

Um, who are you guys talking about?

Unique_Princess
      Participant

A ghost from the past, Kavi… Smile

How are you?

boo
      Participant

Ghost from the past… hahahahahahaha! <3

kavita_0026
      Participant
      Quote:

A ghost from the past, Kavi… Smile

How are you?

A bhoot from the past ? Tongue TiedConfused

Im okay jaanu, miss you. How have you been? Right Hug

serioComic
      Participant

You put a knife in my back
      Shot an arrow in me!
      Tell me are you the ghost of jealousy
      The ghost of jealousy

boo
      Participant

Uhm…. what?

Smile

serioComic
      Participant
      Quote:

Uhm…. what?

Smile

oh noooo!! dont tell me u've been bitten by the slow bug too?

boo
      Participant

If anyone's slow here, it's you Mr. Big Geeky Reading Glasses…. 😀 Let me know when you've finished reading this. 😀

boo
      Participant

Saturday evening, I was really upset over a very small thing and as
      UP told me, those tears that wouldn’t stop flowing all evening were
      probably looking for an excuse to escape, and they found one somehow or
      the other…
      I was sitting on my bed, laptop in front of me,
      absent-mindedly clicking things on Facebook… I wasn’t even noticing
      what I was doing… and I simply could not stop crying. Everything
      simply got on top of me and frustrated me. It felt as though everything
      was going (and, in all honesty, it STILL feels like everything’s gone
      wrong… ) wrong and I could not stop crying. I had a MASSIVE (no I am
      not even kidding you, it is a MASSIVE one… around a good 25-30 cm by
      at least a 12 – 15 cm) chocolate bar next to me, and I simply sat there
      eating that, in the dark, crying. All by myself. (I only ate just under
      half of it, you might be glad to know, in the end…)
      Then, out
      of the blue, a cousin of a friend whom I had never met (she lived on
      the other side of the world) sent me a random message for the first
      time on Facebook chat – asking me how I was and sending me some love.
      We added each other upon the recommendation of my friend and her
      cousin, she said we were both a lot like each other in the sense that
      both of us were obsessed with and breathed for love and appreciated
      beauty and all that poetic ***. 🙂 I had her as a Facebook friend for
      around 2, maybe even 3 years actually and I occasionally Facebook
      stalked her and commented on certain of her pictures and poems because
      they reflected my tastes so well… but I never saw it as anything
      beyond that. You know, she was one of those Facebook friends you add on
      because you ‘have’ to and then you can’t remove because you know both
      of you will notice… in any case, I didn’t mind her knowing about my
      life so I didn’t care either way, really.
      Of late, we have been commenting on love and beauty on each
      other’s statuses a lot more than we usually used to (we’d happily go
      months not acknowledging each other’s presence)… and I suppose that
      was why she messaged me that evening so innocently, sending me love as
      only she can… and I was feeling so vulnerable and I needed someone
      fresh and new to talk to (strange how one can find ‘fresh’ and ‘new’ in
      an acquaintance that has been a silent spectator for the past couple or
      so years…!) and tears were in steady flow, that I couldn’t help but
      smile at her message… and we got talking. I shared my life, she
      shared hers. I needed a voice to listen and she listened beautifully.
      She understands me ‘at the core’ because we are both similar
      personalities… you know how when you meet someone and you know they
      would make the same decisions you would because both your priorities
      lie in the same place? It was like that – a mutual understand, a
      well-yes-of-course-you-would-do-that sort of acknowledgement and being
      there… and since I was feeling so helpless, I poured nearly all my
      troubles out to her (I’m sure it’s not really hard to guess that to
      know more of my further troubles requires one to get to know me a
      little bit more at first!! Sigh…!)… and she was such a darling
      about it. She’s not in the field I am in, but her husband is and she
      recommended that I add him on because he will probably have more to say
      on the subject than she would… so I consented and he added me on
      (both husband and wife were online at the same time… sweet, no?)…
      All
      I can say about this guy is he is an older, male version of me… minus
      the whole spirituality thing which I never really got (I am far, far
      too much a
      believe-in-the-tangible-and-accept-and-understand-everything-it-has-to-offer-before-contemplating-the-untangible
      person… as you may also well know!!)… he was so wonderful in
      talking to me. He shared his life with me too, and I shared my miseries
      and woes with him. I cannot describe how incredibly good it felt, to
      speak to someone new who unders

vchenoah
      Participant

*big ole cyber hug*

I wish more people knew crying is an acceptable form of release and, in affect, therapudic! Crying has brought me to this forum on occassion and was what sent me away. Feelings, be them real or imagined, are something truly powerful.

Boo, your 'musings' have never been without their merit! You've said things I, personally, didn't have the intestinal fortitude to convey. They have also confirmed or re-affirmed a deep seated feeling. Thank you for them. You are a beautifully artistic and sensitive woman. Don't know why it has taken 4 years for me to convey that to you. My apologies and compliments. I'd like to share something my husband wrote. It's something I believe with my whole heart.:

“Contact; either familial or social
      is one of the greatest of things
      that you may obtain.
      As contact, whether for loving or re-affirmation,
      is one of the greatest of all shared experiences.” (yeah, he's something lol)

I haven't much more to say here, but something you wrote made me cry and smile at the same time. (which is why I signed in) I'd like to quote it here, please.

Quote:

The sudden burst of warmth I found in them reminded me so, so, so, so much of the forum… where people from the most polarly opposite walks of life meet and find shelter for their minds… a chance to play. 🙂 We are at the stage where we are still in awe of each other's company… I remember so vividly being so in awe of the company I was in, with the forum… and it makes me think, if those very people whose company I was touched, blessed, honoured and in awe of, have left “so soon” (I mean, what is “soon”, anyway?)… it all seems such a waste and so crazy. And those that have “left” may never have “left”, really.

I want this forum to be alive and kicking butt for as long as we are all alive. That is my frank and honest dream and I am praying to all the Powers That Be that by saying this I don't jinx it! 😛 *touchwood*… I want to believe that we are all crazy enough to hold onto to sentiments for the sake of being crazy. For the sake of knowing that we are crazy, we do crazy, and we love crazy – nothing else. No other part of your life needs to be as crazy for this to be so crazy in your life – the practicalities that this is an online forum and we all have access to privacy and internet most of the time touchwood, means that we can afford to be crazy.

Whether we will or not, let's see. What does it matter at the end of the day… the feelings and memories and magic of this forum shall always remain within those who felt it… and it is my honest feeling and belief that those who truly felt it never really leave. If something's a part of your life, you don't leave it unless you get closure. Even if we lose interest, we all at some point or the other cross paths with Nostalgia Lane…

So very welll said! Thank you for it.

Thank you all for the part you've played on the tiny stage that is my life. I appreciate you all more than you know.

boo
      Participant

Big Smile *big ole cyber hug back*

I'm sorry that the tears you shed for this forum were also there when leaving, Nessa ji. That sucks. Sad

Thank
      you for your apologies and compliments. There was no need for the
      former and every need for the latter. haha! 🙂 I'm actually touched
      that something I wrote and thought is even worthy of such emotions…

Mr. Nessa is so very right. What else is this forum if not contact?

I appreciate you too, Nessa. Plenty much. Smile

thomas520
      Participant

yeah,every need love ,include me !

vchenoah
      Participant

This was quite the read!!! lmbo
      Feeling quite loverly today, so I’m goona show it!

Where is you at, love of my life 99?????? 😛

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

@vchenoah wrote:

I’ve been here all along, my beautiful. <3 I can't sleep, though. And it sucks. =( I even tried counting sheep, it no no work.

boo
      Participant

Hi Rani, how are u? 🙂 Lovely sig!

vchenoah
      Participant

@RaNi iS ThE BeS wrote:

@vchenoah wrote:

I’ve been here all along, my beautiful. <3 I can't sleep, though. And it sucks. =( I even tried counting sheep, it no no work.

I knew you weren’t far from me my heart! *big squeeze*
      ily billy! 😉

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

@vchenoah wrote:

@RaNi iS ThE BeS wrote:

@vchenoah wrote:

I knew you weren’t far from me my heart! *big squeeze*
      ily billy! 😉

I’m never far from you, sweetheart. *smishes you!* LOL ily billy too! <3 I'm so excited to call you tomorrow, inshaAllah!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Boo, hi. =) I’m good, aH. How are you? Thank you, I love the lyrics and the picture, so put ’em together. =)

boo
      Participant

It looks totally neat. 🙂 This song came on on shuffle in my car just today. I had forgotten how powerful this song is, pity they don’t make songs like this any more!! Instead we get stupid I’m-too-sexy-for-you songs. 🙁

I’m OK. Just pulling my hair out, but all is good. =]

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Thank you. =) The song IS powerful, and beautiful. =) Aww! You’re talking about Sheila Ki Jawaani! I LOVE that song! Part of the reason I watched the movie was cuz of Katrina and this song (yeah, I’m being a total guy, here – but hey)! Sometimes it’s good to just have some fun songs. And the lyrics are actually interesting if you listen. =)

But they still do make powerful songs. A few I remember off the top of my head are:
      Dil Ibaadat from Tum Mile (Possibly my most favorite song ever – it’s beautiful beyond belief.)
      Kahin Toh from Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (Another personal favorite)

… Okay, so that’s all I can think of – but I promise there are more- I just have a crappy memory, I’ll write ’em down when I think of them. =)

Pulling your hair out doesn’t sound like all is good, but I hope it get’s better for you, iA. Just mind the hair, it’s pretty innocent. =)

vchenoah
      Participant

LOVE (just wanted to say it)

boo
      Participant

LOL Nessa incidentally, I saw – oh so beautifully random! – graffiti on a wall today. It’s new because I have never seen it before and that wall definitely has no other graffiti on it. And all it had was, in white: LOVE

Awesome no, I took a picture and sent it to Unique and she was like, “Um. You probably did that. :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

vchenoah
      Participant

You should convert it and post here. It would lift spirits and make one smile like this :mrgreen:

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.