Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      doowyllob
      Participant

KIA ORA

What / why do you guys and gals expect of a new comer to this forum?

kavita_0026
      Participant

Hey Doowyllob (see I said it right this time!) … Well its good to see a new member! I mean..our forum it self consists of a couple of people …we are a nice little family (at least in the Say Something Section) .. I mean another member would be great! … Join the little family..talk..laugh…Vent when you have to..or do/say whatever you need to/want to… we'll listenSmile

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant

no Expectations from u watsoeva Dow Jones

a 1st timer will obviously be a first timer if this is the 1st time u are logging into our home r8..ie entering this home….

did u do the ritual pooja's?? u bettter or lotza bad luck will follow u …

enter with yr nose being the first to enter the doors of the forum

And u have to say the Pooja's..let me knw when its convenient and I will fwd the manuscript to u…its a rather huge file and may take u days to complete sifting thru it…

Okay all dat aside

**kisses Dow Jones**

welcome to the madhouse ji….

waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I sooooooooo miss Nitzkar my poochikens r8 now

doowyllob
      Participant

~ScarFace~ wrote the following post at 12-24-2007 5:43 AM:

no Expectations from u watsoeva Dow Jones

a 1st timer will obviously be a first timer if this is the 1st time u are logging into our home r8..ie entering this home….

did u do the ritual pooja's?? u bettter or lotza bad luck will follow u …

enter with yr nose being the first to enter the doors of the forum

And u have to say the Pooja's..let me knw when its convenient and I will fwd the manuscript to u…its a rather huge file and may take u days to complete sifting thru it…

Okay all dat aside

**kisses Dow Jones**

welcome to the madhouse ji….

REPLY FROM DOOWYLLOB

You ask me to “say the poojas”

My ignorance of my own culture (a culture I respect immensely) lets me down at times. For that I apologise. Can you confirm what the word “pooja” means?

I may embarrass myself if I even try to guess.

Here goes. You state its a ritual therefore sounds like a ceremony or a religious custom or a social custom. I'm out of my depth here however an attempt at hazarding guess I would say the word has something to do with a social custom considering a Forum is more a social gathering. Dam it I probably am wrong in which case you guys can laugh at my expense.

Please take me seriously here I genuinely do not know what “pooja” means and because of my dilema I would really appreciate your enlightening me on the meaning. The last thing in the world I want is for bad luck to follow my butt around.

Thx

MaMa PeGaSuS
      Participant
      Quote:

My ignorance of my own culture (a culture I respect immensely) lets me down at times. For that I apologise. Can you confirm what the word “pooja” means?

Here goes. You state its a ritual therefore sounds like a ceremony or a religious custom or a social custom. I'm out of my depth here however an attempt at hazarding guess I would say the word has something to do with a social custom considering a Forum is more a social gathering. Dam it I probably am wrong in which case you guys can laugh at my expense.

Please take me seriously here I genuinely do not know what “pooja” means and because of my dilema I would really appreciate your enlightening me on the meaning. The last thing in the world I want is for bad luck to follow my butt around.

Thx

POOJA = PRAYER

simple nah

Question: how does yr culture LET U DOWN??

Pls do explain this to me..in wat way does yr culture let u down??

doowyllob
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

Thx

POOJA = PRAYER

Well well……

simple nah

Question: how does yr culture LET U DOWN??

Pls do explain this to me..in wat way does yr culture let u down??

Wat hav I written — its the ignorance bit not the culture bit

How? – cant speak Indian:::::

Oh yeah I can —POOJA!!!!!!!!

kavita_0026
      Participant

Yay!! You did! Smile

By the way, What does KIA ORA mean? I see you write it alot …

I wish you would tell which language you speak..?

Dii I s right also…..new comers…. we really have no expectaions of them…come and be yourself..whoever you are..we have to accept and deal with it …. this is our little home though..soooooooo….. having more members..is a cool thing Smile

doowyllob
      Participant
      Quote:

Yay!! You did! Smile

By the way, What does KIA ORA mean? I see you write it alot …

I wish you would tell which language you speak..?

Dii I s right also…..new comers…. we really have no expectaions of them…come and be yourself..whoever you are..we have to accept and deal with it …. this is our little home though..soooooooo….. having more members..is a cool thing Smile

REPLY FROM DOOWYLLOB

GO ON THE FOLLOWING URL FOR YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LvLn9PWln8

KIA ORA MEANS

Kia ora is a Maori language greeting which has entered New Zealand English. It means literally “be well/healthy” and may also be regarded in a more formal sense as a traditional greeting of “Good health.” It is used for both “Hello” and “goodbye” and as a general exhortation or acknowledgement when listening and responding to a public speaker. It is a popular phrase, and has also given its name to a number of businesses, from hotels to a well known concentrated orange soft drink which is available internationally.

The word Maori refers to the indigenous Polynesian peoples of New Zealand, and to their language.

Wanna know more go to::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C4%81ori

http://history-nz.org/discovery2.html

AS FOR WHICH LANGUAGE I SPEAK – ENGLISH – I AM AN INDIAN FROM INDIA – I DO NOT SPEAK MUCH (NOT AT ALL ACTUALLY)

INDIAN. REASON? MY ANCESTORS MIGRATED TO NZ BACK IN 1890 YEP 1890. HOWEVER SOME MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY MIGRATED TO THE USA MAINLY BACK IN THE 1960s AND SINCE THERE HAS BEEN A SLOW BUT STEADY STREAM OF MIGRATION INTO THE USA IN THE 1970s THE 1980s AND THE 1990s (ALL KIWIs). THEN AGAIN SOME HAVE MIGRATED TO AUSTRALIA. WE SHY AWAY FROM ENGLAND. WE STILL HAVE FAMILY IN INDIA. AND THOSE WHO MANY MOONS AGO MIGRATED DIRECT FROM INDIA TO ENGLAND AND AFRICA. LATER, FOR OBVIOUS REASONS THOSE IN AFRICA ENDED UP IN NZ OR THE USA OR ENGLAND.

ENGLISH IS THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE

NOW YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE A DESIRE TO LEARN TO SPEAK INDIAN!

A KIWI IS ANOTHER NAME OF SOMEONE WHO IS NEW ZEALANDER IRRESPECTIVE OF RACE

AS FOR THE STRANGE LANGUAGE SUCH AS KIA ORA WELL THERES A FEW WORDS AND PHRASES I KNOW OF THE MAORI LANGUAGE AND THATS THE EXTENT OF IT.

Currently indians are migrated to NZ by the masses. A huge change for the likes of my family to see so many itchybums around the place. Its good though because now theres all the common Indian customary shops etc.

As for our lifestyle here in NZ well its very unique – nothing like it anywhere else in the world.

Nat

kavita_0026
      Participant

Ah now I see !!

Oooh wow..never knew that there were a group of people known as ..KIWIS..

I know a Kiwi..as a green soft .. fruit..with fine black seeds

Tastes yum! Especially if its a bit sweet..not too sour

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.