Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      admincs1
      Participant

Hello and welcome to the new BWL Forums!

As promised (but much delayed) I have upgraded to the latest Forum/Community software for our forums. Also I hope you will welcome back the “green” theme that you all liked from the old bwl forums.

There are a lot of new features that I will turn on slowly and hope you will like. I'll post them in this thread as I introduce them. First I wanted to get the software upgraded and get our old colors back. Some other things that have changed:

1) Blogs. I originally introduced blogs with syndicated music reviews and news posts from around the web. There were some bugs and minor short comings in the original version. This new version now hosts the same look-n-feel as our Forums. It also has better and much improved navigation so you can go back and forth from the other sites to the blogs easily. It seamlessly integrates with the Forum in general.

2) Who's Online: This section at the bottom of the homepage will now show your avatars when you are online. Neat personalized feature I hope you like.

3) Some of the Email formats and content have changed.

Hope you will enjoy it!

Please feel free to leave comments here. I also welcome any suggestions on how to make our forums better.

P.S I am looking for a new LOGO for the BWL Forums, so to those members that are creative designers, please provide suggestions!!

Thanks.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

Thanks Mukesh ji Smile

greeeaaattt jobbbbb

Mukesh
      Keymaster

Hmm ..firstly the forum looks as awful as I feel, but that’s only coz I am not well

Anyways, greens kewl, sooo **high five** bro..looking forward to the new features and hopefully things as fast paced with this newer updated version…

Now, I was wondering if you could possibly add a feature that enables members to pvt instant chat with another ?? U know something like msn, or gmail chat or yahoo?? Except its for the forum members only???

Am not sure if this is possible here however I am a member of another website which allows this feature and it R O C K S ..

Sometimes when u see someone and would like to ask a quick question or just anything for that matter…it’s a more efficient, faster method than the Pm..

~~ Scarry ~~

Unique_Princess
      Participant

Hey Mukesh,

Like the changes 🙂 Just one thing though, I noticed that when I was replying to other posts, the button for quoting another forum member wasn't there? How do we do that now? thnx.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

Tayba ji, it is there. it's at the buttom of the previous post when you're replying. above the “Subject”

Ek.Ajnaabi
      Participant

AND What happened to those huge stars under the Moderators? I think we should have something to indicate who is a moderator.

admincs1
      Participant

Good catch! I will need to add the stars to the Moderators. How did I miss that?

Thanks.

boo
      Participant

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for the upgrades… they are looking great! SmileBut if I may… just one thing (and I am not sure if anyone else feels this way, so some feedback would be good people..).. I find that the green is too bright, it seems like a little bit of an eyesore, as there is a lot of green, and it is all too bright… I was wondering how you got this forum to be green.. was this colour part of the package, or did you get to select the hue yourself? Because, if you and other people think it is worth looking into, it would be nice to change the green to a darker shade, if possible.. like the colour I am using for this text? (in any case, I doubt the old forum's green was as bright as this…?)Thank you so much, Boo.

boo
      Participant

Also – for the new logo.. I have come up with one idea.. should I create a new thread where people can discuss the logo? Also – is there a… a… catchphrase or description or something of sorts, to use? If not, I could ask people to contribute their ideas!

Mukesh
      Keymaster

I have come up with one idea

do share nah

should I create a new thread where people can discuss the logo?

oye…am going to miss dis …me thinks u shud boo..

Also – is there a… a… catchphrase or description or something of sorts, to use? If not, I could ask people to contribute their ideas!

well I say, let yr imagination go wild..would be awesum to receive responses from the ppl who spend most of their time here

sooo if Mukesh bhai is in agreement…???

admincs1
      Participant

Boo, I took the colors from the old site, so yes these greens are from the old Forum. But I do agree that there is too much green. Give me suggestions on which other colors I can use. I have full control over the colors on the site now and I can also make themes so I can make color changes often (like based on season or holiday or festivals etc etc).

Here are the parts that we can focus on:

1) Header – the site title section including the navigation bar. We can change the color of the green to something else there (maybe the original BWL orange?)

2) The Alternate rows in the post listings: this is the exact greens from the old forum.

3) The footer (and the very topmost header):This is a new green I picked up that is not from the old forum.

So we can change all or any of these sections that are green. We can also change other sections (like the grey right bar).

Thanks,

Mukesh

admincs1
      Participant
      Quote:

Also – for the new logo.. I have come up with one idea.. should I create a new thread where people can discuss the logo? Also – is there a… a… catchphrase or description or something of sorts, to use? If not, I could ask people to contribute their ideas!

If you want to, its up to you if you want to create a new post or use the same post. I like the idea of catchphrase, lets work on that as well!

Thanks.

madhurdixit
      Participant

Hi guys

I'm not too sure abt the new format. I agree on the green colour being a bit too bold and did prefer the old colour scheme. Also preferred the old logo style of resolved and unresolved posts. But I absolutely love the avtars attached to who's online. Good work.

Mukesh
      Keymaster

green looks kewl but ur right, theres too much of it, sooo perhaps use a striking shade of pink??

or orange??

I THINK it will luk cute…more appealing to the eye..

boo
      Participant

Mukesh,

Help! I am using another computer to type this from.. my computer is not allowing me to post any posts.. ! That's why I have been silent (my apologies). There is an error sign at the bottom of the page whenever I am unable to post the posts… is anyone else having a problem with this?

Thank you,

Boo

admincs1
      Participant

What is the error you are getting?

admincs1
      Participant

Hello All,

I've updated the site with a different color scheme. Based on many suggestions, I too agreed that the previous green was a bit too much. So I've come up with a mix of orange/grey/green. This way it ties into our traditional orange from the main site, uses the green from the old forums and brings over the grey from the previous (blue/grey) scheme we had before the upgrade.

Hopefully this will please almost all of the members. Please let me know your suggestions and comments. I love to hear them!

Oh and I've also put out a new logo, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Yemenilicious
      Participant

the forum looks really nice, Mukesh ji. Smile

Mukesh
      Keymaster

J Me… likes the new colors… J

admincs1
      Participant

Please let me know if anyone of you are having trouble logging into the new Forum. You can see this message but may not be able to reply if you can't log in, so email me at mukesh 'at' bollywoodlyrics . com with your username and error message you may be receiving. You may also use the Contact form at our main site to send me an email. Just select 'Help' as your subject.

Thanks.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.