Wednesday 27 August 2014

Your Comments and Suggestions

This topic contains 306 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Admin 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 301 through 307 (of 307 total)
  • Author

imported_Admin
    Participant

Hello, is this still an issue for the signature size?

@RaNi iS ThE BeS wrote:

Hello Admin ji, you’ve actually decreased the siggy size, not increased it. I used to be able to put up bigger pictures, up to 640X480, but I can’t do that anymore. Also, the avatar size is now perfect, thank you. =)

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

Mukesh, the signature sizes are still small. There is a limit on how big our signature’s are. Anyway, I don’t mind it anymore. You can keep it the way it is. =)

But is there any way to bring back the old format of the Translations section? When a song was translated, you could put some sort of check mark on it, claiming it already translated. It was just a very simple and fast way to check through the songs, see which ones were already done and which ones still needed translating. It’s not a big deal, I don’t want you to go out of your way to bring it back, but if it’s possible and not too much trouble, it’d be nice to have for any future updates. =)

imported_Admin
    Participant

I’ll try to increase the signature size. This forum board doesn’t have the ability to mark questions answered but I can see if they have add-ons that let us do that easily. Will keep you posted.

Thanks
    Mukesh

@RaNi iS ThE BeS wrote:

Mukesh, the signature sizes are still small. There is a limit on how big our signature’s are. Anyway, I don’t mind it anymore. You can keep it the way it is. =)

But is there any way to bring back the old format of the Translations section? When a song was translated, you could put some sort of check mark on it, claiming it already translated. It was just a very simple and fast way to check through the songs, see which ones were already done and which ones still needed translating. It’s not a big deal, I don’t want you to go out of your way to bring it back, but if it’s possible and not too much trouble, it’d be nice to have for any future updates. =)

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

Thank you, Mukesh! : )

boo
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any way to make becoming a member a lot less easy for automated spamming… bots? (Is that what they’re called?) They are absolutely clogging up the forum, and each of those usernames has about 10 – 15 spam posts so I am banning the obvious-looking spammers, but then it’s a case of going through ALL the spam posts and deleting them and each one goes through a few steps to get the posts deleted in the first place.

I know other forums do this thing where you have to e-mail the forum admin(s) to state that you have read the terms and conditions and state your intention of joining the forum and then they will confirm you as a member of the forum, could something similar be done, please? I know that might be a bit too much because I know there are a lot of requests for translations, but anything along those lines? I feel it is too easy to become a member and there is no one (as far as I understand) to keep checks on whether they are genuine posters or spammers? Maybe even something simple like word verification, if that isn’t there already, maybe? (I have not tried to create a second identity so I wouldn’t know what the process is exactly like to become a member.)

So I guess my next question is, is there any way to QUICKLY delete spam posts? Like, a simple checkbox or something that we can check and then at the end of the page, we can simply press ‘Delete Posts’… kind of like how it would work on e-mails? Or like in Facebook where you can choose to delete a single post quite staightforwardly?

Thank you so much, hope you are well! :)

Boo

imported_Admin
    Participant

I have enabled registration approval. Which means I get all the new accounts and have to approve them. I’m using my discretion at the moment in approving. I’ll see what works and change the method. I would like to see if anyone with experience with PHPBB forum can help with add-ons or plug-ins that can help with spammers or slow them down. Some spammers are not even bots, they are actual humans with bad intentions. Hopefully the extra step of approval will prevent them from getting in.

Also I deleted a bunch of spam accounts just now so hopefully that cleaned up most of them, there could be more left and I’ll try to delete them.

Thanks!
    Mukesh

tajiri786
    Participant

thanks dear this is nice information, i like it..

Viewing 7 posts - 301 through 307 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.