Your Comments and Suggestions

This topic contains 306 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Admin 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • Author

imported_Admin
    Participant

I’ve increased the size of the avatars to be 100×100 see if that is good otherwise let me know

boo
    Participant

Hi Mukesh, I don’t think I can find avatars that are below size 6KiB, as I am trying most avatars (non-animated ones) I have saved from the internet, and they don’t seem to be working?

Many thanks

boo
    Participant

Hey Mukesh,

Is it possible to increase the size of the signatures too? 200 by 200 is kinda small…

Boo

imported_Admin
    Participant

So, show me the avatars you are talking about. I guess I’m not following you so let me know what avatars you are trying to use and we can then fix the issue.

Also I will increase the signature a bit as well…

imported_Admin
    Participant

I’ve increased the file size (that is what I was misunderstanding) to 11KB see if that helps. The signature is also increased.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

Hello Admin ji, you’ve actually decreased the siggy size, not increased it. I used to be able to put up bigger pictures, up to 640X480, but I can’t do that anymore. Also, the avatar size is now perfect, thank you. =)

Unique_Princess
    Participant

Hey Mukesh,

I’ve noticed quite a lot of spam on the forum recently, especially in the “Say Something’ area. Can anything be done about that please? Thanks.

Nisha Patel2003
    Participant

Hello Mukesh,

I do not see the top 10 users …. What made it out of your website?

Thanks

scarface
    Participant

hey Mukesh

Trust you are well

Pls could you delete/ban the subject user from this site
    this persons kept me very busy most of today deleting all those spam posts he/she :evil: is making..
    its getting really fustrating now :evil:

thanks

krgds

Alishia

boo
    Participant

Hey guys,

Please keep reporting any and all span you see – it makes it easier for the mods to delete/ban/whatever!

Thanks

boo
    Participant

Hi Mukesh,

There is really a LOT of spam coming to the site, is there any way to further tighten the entry points into the forum? I know some forums that make you e-mail the admin to say you want to be a member of the site, so that it blocks out spammers, etc. … is it possible to do any such thing for BWL?

Or perhaps just better word verification at the front?

Also, Ninjalicious (Or Yemenilicious, she keeps changing her name!) has tried contacting you re. her password for the forum, and she has had no response and no automated e-mail response either — could you please assist? I will forward to you the e-mail that she sent me, but it is from a different e-mail address so please check your junk mail and spam mail as well, etc.

Many thanks,

Boo

boo
    Participant

Hi Mukesh (and mods.. and members..),

Where are the rules and regulations for using this forum?

Is it possible to automatically ban any users who advertise for commercial purposes (i.e. not their own personal blogs/webpages/whatever) in their signatures? Some of the posts I look at seem really monotonous (yet relevant!) in style and they always have advertising in their signatures. I’m worried it is some form of intelligent spamming/advertising or something… what should I do?

Many thanks,

Boo

imported_Admin
    Participant

Hi I also have noticed a lot of spam. I’m looking into ways to improve security. As it stands, new members have to confirm they have a valid email address. This would at least get rid of those who are registering with bad emails. I think it may be needed to have a admin approve each registration. I can enable that and see if that works. But it will be difficult to tell just from registration if a person has intentions to spam. I will tighten the security code for registration and look at other spam blocking methods. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!
    Mukesh

@boo wrote:

Hi Mukesh,

There is really a LOT of spam coming to the site, is there any way to further tighten the entry points into the forum? I know some forums that make you e-mail the admin to say you want to be a member of the site, so that it blocks out spammers, etc. … is it possible to do any such thing for BWL?

Or perhaps just better word verification at the front?

Also, Ninjalicious (Or Yemenilicious, she keeps changing her name!) has tried contacting you re. her password for the forum, and she has had no response and no automated e-mail response either — could you please assist? I will forward to you the e-mail that she sent me, but it is from a different e-mail address so please check your junk mail and spam mail as well, etc.

Many thanks,

Boo

imported_Admin
    Participant

I will see about adding rules and regulations. Perhaps copying them from the old site.

Thanks
    Mukesh
    @boo wrote:

Hi Mukesh (and mods.. and members..),

Where are the rules and regulations for using this forum?

Is it possible to automatically ban any users who advertise for commercial purposes (i.e. not their own personal blogs/webpages/whatever) in their signatures? Some of the posts I look at seem really monotonous (yet relevant!) in style and they always have advertising in their signatures. I’m worried it is some form of intelligent spamming/advertising or something… what should I do?

Many thanks,

Boo

princess1
    Participant

Great work Guys!! Am glad to be back here :)
    And by the way, the olive color is dull but it is unique

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.