Wednesday 26 November 2014

Your Comments and Suggestions

This topic contains 306 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  imported_Admin 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 307 total)
  • Author

boo
    Participant

no i didnt receive any email. please could you send it again, as ive had problems with my email account. they are resolved now. i received a PM re: contributions to the website, though.

thank you,

boo.

boo
    Participant

Hello guys…

What do you think of another section for any problems with using this forum? I.e. a ‘Help’ section? It can be there for other people who might ask the same questions again too… it’s better than having to PM the Admin/mods for every lil thing… what say?

admincs1
    Participant

I think that is a good idea. I’ll try to monitor that forum myself and will try to answer quickly. Of course you can also help out as some of you guys have used the forum more than myself!

There are some upgrades coming up in the near future which bring in some new features like “tagging” or basically a better way to categorize things. A better text editor than this one. Oh and yeah I’ll be able to easily modify the colors of the site, so we’ll try to go back to the green that everyone loves and is used to!

I’ll create the new forum in this section.

-Mukesh

boo
    Participant

Great! Thanks!

“I’ll be able to easily modify the colors of the site, so we’ll try to go back to the green that everyone loves and is used to!” — wow… I didn’t know you knew that! But that would be great too… thank you! Smile

boo
    Participant

serioComic:
    Hello Mr.Admin,

I believe we havent met. Im Serio Big Smile

Avatars is a good idea. I hope we can have that feature soon in the forum.
    Another thing is also can you put up a section where we can share some pictures for everyone. I know that it will take up quite some space in your server but you can limit the image size and maybe after 7 days or so, you can remove it completely from the server. This way you can always maintain your disk space.

Also, can we also have a download section to download songs? This need not be all the songs in the Hindi database but something like a Top 10 songs of the week/month for example. Again, by doing this you can maintain your server space.

*~The best thing to be cherished in the hearts is faith and conviction; doubt is infidelity~*

download section… sounds interesting…

kavita_0026
    Participant

I Have a q

when do you delete threads? like in the say something section there are threads there from along time no one responds to them

admincs1
    Participant

I don't delete any threads unless they are duplicates or do not follow proper forum rules. I used to delete threads from the Say Something area automatically to keep the content fresh, but many of the members requested that I leave them in in-case someone lost an important post.

admincs1
    Participant

Received word that the new version of the Forums will be released on April 15th 2007. We will most likely have it installed shortly after that. I'm hoping to change the color scheme back to the old green style and also add in some other new features. Just thought I'd give you an update.

-Mukesh

boo
    Participant

Hello Mukesh,

I was wondering if it would be possible for you to (like you did the last time there was an update in the software being used) post a link to the website of the software, so that anyone who wants to find out about the new features can do so…

In particular, I was wondering if you knew about a merging feature (where two threads are merged into one) that might be available on this new software, which I think would be especially useful for the Song and Translation Requests section, since sometimes different songs from the same film are requested, and it would make searching for the translation of a particular song easier if all the threads containing the translation requests from that particular film are in one place (i.e. in one thread).

Thank you,

Boo.

admincs1
    Participant

The software we're using is from the same site as before http://www.communityserver.org.  You can go here to find out bits and pieces about what new features are going to be with the new release http://communityserver.org/blogs/announcements/default.aspx You will notice that the software has a LOT of other things that we don't use here ( like blogs and photo gallery) but feel free to check out those features as we may add it in the future.

We do use blogs but basically posting reviews or articles from other sites. I've been playing around with the idea of opening it up so that you as a member would have your own blog (with its own look-n-feel). It would be your own website to post your thoughts / ideas / comments about bollywood or film industry in general. The content that you would post has to be related to Bollywood or Indian entertainment, that way it'll keep with the scope of bollywoodlyrics.com. You would have the freedom to write whatever you want and have people comment back on it. I'm not sure if it'll work, but if you or anyone is interested, then let's brainstorm further.

You idea of merging is a good feature, I will find out if it is there. If it isn't there, I think we should see if we can acheived that feature by another process like “Tagging” or something else that we know we already have. Good Idea. I'll think of something and post it here.

kavita_0026
    Participant

Hi Mukesh, how are you? Hope good.

I was thinking of something. Is it a good idea if this forum had a 'Introduce Yourself Section' ?
    I dont go in all of the threads but few times if I happen to go in one, I see that there is someone saying they are new to the site.
    I think it would be a good idea if we can have the introduce yourself section so whoever is new would just come and introduce themselves

to all memebers of this forum. Also, I think tihs would make them less shy to post messages b/c they dont know where to 'start' or 'fit in' with the long thread conversations that occupy many many pages [and you know how everyone also stray away from topic].

I dont know how effective this will be but I thougth of it b/c i would really like to see more people on BWL and being free to post msgs

Kavita

imported_abdool
    Participant

Could there be an “Archieve section” where members could only read and not post: Some threads provides so much informations, that is is always a joy to go back to those threads rather than delete completely:

Admin gets the final say or decision of which thread goes into archieve.

boo
    Participant
    kavita_0026:

Hi Mukesh, how are you? Hope good.

I was thinking of something. Is it a good idea if this forum had a 'Introduce Yourself Section' ?
    I dont go in all of the threads but few times if I happen to go in one, I see that there is someone saying they are new to the site.
    I think it would be a good idea if we can have the introduce yourself section so whoever is new would just come and introduce themselves

to all memebers of this forum. Also, I think tihs would make them less shy to post messages b/c they dont know where to 'start' or 'fit in' with the long thread conversations that occupy many many pages [and you know how everyone also stray away from topic].

I dont know how effective this will be but I thougth of it b/c i would really like to see more people on BWL and being free to post msgs

Kavita

Hmmm Kavita (and anyone who is reading)..

This is a good point, but IMHO, I think it's a bit of a waste of space to have a whole section to dedicate to “Introduce Yourselves”, because they are usually quite brief – and knowing us, we'll go off-topic soon enough anyway… so it will just become like a “Say Something” section, only taking up more space… what do you think?

So, I think it would be a better idea to simply make a stick thread in the “Say Something” section, where people can introduce themselves, and because it is sticky, it will always remain at the top, so people won't miss it… what say?

kavita_0026
    Participant

hmm booji yup i guess your idea is better !

boo
    Participant

Hi Mukesh,

The avatar sizes seem far too small – any way to make them bigger please? :)

PS: Oh the memories this thread brings back…! :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.