Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      nitzah
      Participant
      mukster

dude…whatup ?

juss wanted to tell you….this site is FREAKING SLOW man !! and i mean like slow-joe-sapno-slow !!

it takes FOREVER to load….can ya do something ?! i remember when the stupid thing used to warn me to ‘slow’ down and wait for 60secs…now i can go and have a coffee or take a dump and the page still hasnt loaded yet !!

sort something out mate !

cheers
      admincs1
      Participant

Not sure where the problem could be. There are a lot of moving parts and it could be anything. It could also be that the site was getting heavy traffic at that point.

The software does have an upgrade out that may address any performance issues but I’m testing it right now and don’t have this site upgraded.

boo
      Participant

if it’s any help, this website isn’t slow for me…

Unique_Princess
      Participant

Hey admin, its slow for me too! takes ages for a page to load! I get so bored waiting I end up closing the whole thing lol.

admincs1
      Participant

Well one reason I found out (which may not be the ONLY reason) is that the pictures in the signatures are images that are not on my server, but instead coming for some other server on the internet. Of course if you have 20 posts in a thread and each loads the signature which tries to connect to the various servers to get those pictures, that adds to the load time and slows your browser down because it has to wait for each of them.

I haven’t figured out how to disable images in signatures yet, but I would like to do that just to see if page load becomes better or not.

Other things, are your connection to the internet, how busy the connection is from where you logon.

Hope this helps.

nitzah
      Participant
      hey doc

ok well…i have disabled the viewing thingy of all signatures (i cant see anyones, even if they got one)…and its still “slow” (when i say slow – i mean a hellovalot slower than the green forum)

most of the time, the page just freezes at the top fraction (where it just displays the header links – Lyrics Home, Home, Blogs, Forums….)

sometimes when i click refresh it gives some debug error in the /cs/ thingy (a yellow / white page with red font)…

hope that helps !
      admincs1
      Participant

Send me the error page when you get it next time. That will help me explain the problem to Telligent (the makers of the software) and see if they have any solution.

nitzah
      Participant
      whatsup doc ?

sent you the email with the /cs application error debugmecozislowdownservers thingy

hope it helps

cheers

boo
      Participant

yes I get that ‘/cs’ error too sometimes… i just leave it for a while (sometimes a day), and it works fine after that (i.e. the next day)…

admincs1
      Participant

I've upgraded the forum to the latest release. It is supposed to fix performance and reliability issues. Please let me know how your experience is going and if you continue to see slowness.

I'll post a more detail annoucement in the Announcements Section later with list of updates and stuff.

THanks,

Mukesh

Unique_Princess
      Participant

The forum definetly works faster now, thanx admin. What happened to the coloured texts and the bit where it shows how many people have viewed a topic?

admincs1
      Participant

Thanks for your reply.

I'm working on getting the # of viewed part back. Can you explain the coloured text part?

Unique_Princess
      Participant

We used to be able to change the colour of our texts a few weeks ago but I cant see that button now?

admincs1
      Participant

I'll see what I can do about that. The texteditors have changed (for the better) and seems like that option has been disabled. If you know HTML you can still get the colors in your font via the proper HTML tag. Just click on the HTML button in the toolbar.

Optionally you can paste from Word but that seems too much trouble for just posting.

boo
      Participant

I have tried pasting from Word, but it didn't seem to work?

(the colors are still missing?)

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.