Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Hello Mukesh. I hope you're doing well? Smile

I would like to know why some of the threads in the Say Something section are locked, any special reason? If not, can they please be unlocked?

Thank you. Smile

kavita_0026
      Participant

I am very upset by the threads being Locked and I feel as though our own loving BWL forum will not be

'our BWL' if our threads are locked.

Please can you explain to me why they are being locked?

Thank you very much Mukesh ji

Mukesh
      Keymaster

am not sure which threads are locked

but da whole thing sux..

why is it being locked in the first place and why must we limit ourselves

to expression, we never bothered before…soooo an explanation is required…

…who da hell is dis Ajnabee person anyways…??Angry

a damn flippant spoilt sport ….Super Angry

admincs1
      Participant

I am also not sure why threads are locked and which threads are locked. I'll take a look. Maybe some of the Moderators have locked it, but I'll check what happened and keep you posted. I usually don't lock threads unless we need to keep it as a read-only for reference purposes and that usually isn't in the “Say Something” section, because as you've said, it is “your”, the members, section.

Can you please post some of the locked threads links' here.

-Mukesh

boo
      Participant

https://www.bollywoodlyrics.com/cs/forums/thread/38246.aspx

https://www.bollywoodlyrics.com/cs/forums/thread/17224.aspx

https://www.bollywoodlyrics.com/cs/forums/thread/39181.aspx – for this one, I think Ek.Ajnaabi locked it… because she said so (lol)…

“Post getting off topic.

-Locked- “

What I don't understand is why? Most of our posts tend to go off-topic… that is the way it has been since 2003 lol… and why Ek.Ajnaabi felt, all of a sudden, that she needed to lock it? And why she didn't even feel the need to warn the members that it was going off-topic, if she felt so, to give them a chance to know what they are doing?

admincs1
      Participant

Ok, I've unlocked the ones' above. If there are any other lock threads, let me know.

I know our moderators, and Ek.Ajnabi was doing her job of trying the keep the BWL community a good and clean place. She probably had the good intentions in mind, and she has been doing great job around here as well as all the other moderators. Here is what I would like all the moderators to follow in case when posts/threads need that little “extra” attention:

1) Contact the thread owner and ask for their help to get the thread back on topic

2) Post a message in the thread asking members to keep to the topic and use another thread to continue their discussions.

3) If 1 and 2 don't work, contact me and I will then determine and take the necessary steps.

Thanks for all the help.

Unique_Princess
      Participant

Thanks Mukesh

I agree with Boo… getting off topic is what we're all about, its what we do and I guess its what has made us all such good friends… no doubt this topic will go off topic in a while too..lol. Its just the way we are and part of what makes this forum so great.

boo
      Participant

Thank you Mukesh… sure thing, will do that! Smile

Unique: “getting off topic is what we're all about, its what we do and I guess its what has made us all such good friends… no doubt this topic will go off topic in a while too..lol. Its just the way we are and part of what makes this forum so great” – Big Smile You're right – the 'Say Something' section has been like that since goodness knows how long !

Unique_Princess
      Participant

lol since before it was even called the “say something” section. In the old forum we all used to post in the “lyric writing” section I think? lol see its just what we do! haha

Ek.Ajnaabi
      Participant

Hello to everyone! And before you begin to jump to conclusions, let me make something clear to all ya that are misinterpretating this situatiion. OKAY! I did not LOCK all the stinkin Topics! My friend, who is also my enemy, locked some topics while my laptop was running, she locked it as a joke, but she didn't know that it will affect all of you in such a drastic manner. I will convey your grief to her, and of course give her a hot spankin in your honor! Therefore, please and kindly take your disrespectable blame off of me, and please do not point fingers at me. I did lock only ONE topic, indeed, but only ONE! Okay, so I am sorry for her mischievous but innocent act. I will take the blame on me in her rights upon myself and bear the burden, but that does not give you ALL the right to blame it all on me. Thank you and enjoy. Hopefully, you will all have lovely sheets of Egyptian cotton to sleep on tonight. It's right out of the Shakespearen context. It's not that bloody difficult, is it? Thanks and enjoy!

From Hannah: I'm sorry, I didn't know it was a very serious forum. BTW, I love SRK!

Hope you all forgive and forget.

Jazak'ALALH Khair and Allah Hafiz.
      -Ash and Hannah

PS: Hannah also says “Namaste and theka!”

Ek.Ajnaabi
      Participant

Thank you Muskeh! Just so you know, I only locked “The Truth” with a good intention, but the rest were done by my friend, a BollyWood lunatic who says “Namaste and theka!”. She also says, 'Mera naam” in a male way and also likes SRK which she thought was a girl.

Mukesh Bhai, I ask for your pardon, and in the future, I will use warnings before locking topics. Thanks!

Jazak'ALLAH Khair and ALLAH HAFIZ,
      Hannah and Ash

From Hannah: I'm sorry. It's not Ash's fault!

kavita_0026
      Participant

You know I was honestly very enraged and upset about this whole Thread locking thing.

Its okay Ek Ajnabee, you are forgiven by me.

As long as everything is now fixed, BWL is where we always speak what we feel like and the beauty of it is that we get to Wonders just from one single thread topic.

As for 'The Truth' that you blocked, I think this one was not off topic…… but anyway

kavita_0026
      Participant
      kavita_0026:

You know I was honestly very enraged TO THE GOOD BONE and upset about this whole Thread locking thing.

Its okay Ek Ajnabee, you are forgiven by me.

As long as everything is now fixed, BWL is where we always speak what we feel like and the beauty of it is that we get to Wonders just from one single thread topic.

As for 'The Truth' that you blocked, I think this one was not off topic…… but anyway

Please for heaven's sake, I know you all are Moderators, but if you will lock a thread, at least TELL us so that we FINISH up the important matters we were saying, OR that we try to do what will PREVENT the LOCKING of the thread, you hear?

serioComic
      Participant

what a piece of c.rap!!

firstly, as a moderator, u should be more responsible in protecting yr laptop/pc from strangers/outsiders and the lack of it shows that perhaps you dont deserve to be a moderator in the first place.

secondly, i think all the other members have every right to put the blame on you as it is YOUR name that did all the damage. you think we care if it was your 'enemy' that did the damage instead?

and thirdly, no matter how off-topic we went in any of the threads, MUKESH never ever lockED any of the threads. and here u came along, out of nowhere and trying to act powerful and starts to lockED the threads bcos we went off-topic. oh pleaseeeee!! go sleep on those egyptian cotton yrself!!

ED: to satisfy boogedy's thirst for a perfect English tho we all know her English can be as bad as….lets leave it at that.

admincs1
      Participant

I think we all have made our messages quite clear, and apologies have been given… so lets move on before this thread goes off topic 🙂

In my opinion, this issue is resolved and will no longer require anyone posting here (unless there is another post requiring our attention) so again lets move on.

Thanks.

serioComic
      Participant
      Mukesh:

I think we all have made our messages quite clear, and apologies have been given… so lets move on before this thread goes off topic 🙂

In my opinion, this issue is resolved and will no longer require anyone posting here (unless there is another post requiring our attention) so again lets move on.

Thanks.

awwwww dude….u such a nice guy. thank GOD im not the one in charge here..else i wud have given her the boot!! 🙂

Ek.Ajnaabi
      Participant

-End of Discussion-

May you have lovely sheets of Egyptian cotton.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

I'm sorry for posting in this topic, but since I posted the problem, I think I should offer a thank you.

So THANK YOU for solving the problem. Big Smile

– Rani

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Can someone please unlock this thread:

https://www.bollywoodlyrics.com/cs/forums/t/2719.aspx

Thank you in advance. Smile

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.