Tuesday 23 September 2014

Last Movie and Next Movie

This topic contains 72 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  RaNi iS ThE BeS 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author

boo
    Participant

Aman, I’d say it was one of those time pass movies. I might buy the DVD cos it was cute. If you are bored and in the mood, I’d say watch it, but don’t expect anything major and you might find yourself pleasantly surprised.

I really want to watch One Day. Slash read the book first.

And I watched Aarakshan of late, has anyone else seen it? The movie was handled really well, it is an important movie which needed to be made. Good acting, tight script, kind of cheesy Bollywood ending in the end, decent songs (Achha Lagta Hai totally sticks with you!), important message but non-preacy in nature – well worth a watch!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

I’m really looking forward to Mausam, Don 2, and Ek Tha Tiger.

Don 2 is undoubtably going to be amazing (if not, I’ll be quite shattered.)

Mausam looks like it has a lot of potential, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t work. But I’m hoping it does!

Ek Tha Tiger is going to be awesome! I can feel it! And I’m so excited for it that I don’t even care if it sucks, I’m still excited! =D

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

The only movie I’m looking forward to Mausum! I love the songs, especially “Rabba Main to Mar Gaya” and “Ik Tu Hi Tu Hi”

scarface
    Participant

last movie- was final destination 5- it wasnt as grossly bloody as the last 2 but for some reason I was feeling claustrophobic and wanted to puke when the movie was over… :mrgreen:

watched patiala house and action replay, loved both
    cant even remember the recent bollywood movie I watched, been catching up on movies like
    *thanks ma, I am kalam ..etc.. love watching movies that depict indians without the glamour

looking foward to mausam, bodygaurd, raa one

cristinajohn
    Participant

Last movie i saw was Force. I was hoping that it would be nice movie. But not much good as i expect. Its average one time watch movie. Now i am waiting for agneepath and rockstar to release.

kenrickdacre
    Participant

I have seen many bollywood movies. My last movie which I have watch Bodyguard and it is amazing movie. Salman had done fantastic job in this movie and I am waiting for “Dhoom 3″.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

Last movie I watched was “Daag,” the old version with Rajesh Khanna, Sharmila Tagore, and Rakhi. Always awesome to re-watch a classic :). Not really sure what movies will be coming out in the next couple months, so not looking forward to anything in particular.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

So I’ve been in a old movie phase for the last little while. Watched “Kati Patang” last night, and just re-watched “Amar Prem” (thank you YouTube!). The end never fails to get me bawling. I think this movie was able to effectively juxtapose the so called respectable society with the social outcasts. It displayed the hypocrisy of society, how people are judged based on things like their profession, their position, their class, etc., but fail to really understand that all this can be superceded by personal connections and emotions. I love Sharmila Tagore in this movie, think it was one of her finest performances. Her feelings can be conveyed through a single glance, her pain can be felt through her unsaid words. Also, the songs in this movie are simply outstanding. The despair and loneliness is palpable in “Chingari Koi Bhadke,” and the injustices hurtled by society can be felt in “Kuch Toh Log Kahenge”.

It was great to finally watch a few GOOD movies. Sometimes I get tired of watching fluff movies that seem to be coming out with more regularity. It was nice to watch one that really tugs at the heartstrings and makes you think.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

Okay, so I heard a lot of good stuff about the movie “Love, Sex, aur Dhoka” but was didn’t think it was my type of movie. I thought it would be a typical sleazy Bollywood movie, with a poor screenplay, sub-par acting, and full of “item songs” or raunchy videos. Boy was I wrong! This movie just proves that one should never judge a book by its cover, or a movie by its title!

If you enjoy different-ish Bwood movies, something that hasn’t been seen or tried before, I recommend this movie. The story is surprisingly very engrossing, and all the characters feel real and relatable. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie, and glad I didn’t miss out on it. :)

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

So I watched Bodyguard yesterday. What a waste of time! The story had so many holes, several songs felt out of place, the acting wasn’t anything special. Overall, the movie left me frustrated and unimpressed.

I do not recommend this movie!!

boo
    Participant

Hah, Aman, we WALKED OUT OF BODYGUARD AT INTERVAL – it was THAT awful. Apparently the south Indian versions are better, I have been told! Nice songs, though! Oh well.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

Smart move Boo. That is what I should’ve done. Instead I wasted 2 n half h ours of my life.

Are there any movies you are looking forward to? I haven’t seen any trailers or heard about any movies that really excite me.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

Watched Bad Teacher a few nights ago… Bad Movie.

Looking forward to The Dirty Picture – love Vidya Balan. My mom’s in India, and she watched it the other day.

I want to watch a movie in India… I’m curious about the atmosphere I suppose.

I also want to go clubbing in India.. I wonder if the DJs play Indian/Bollywood music (or pun music in Punjab). I’m also curious about the drink specials.. Mango lassi vodka? Bailey’s and masala chai? :S Lol that would be interesting!!!!

ammyrodrics
    Participant

Last movie that I saw was twilight Saga Breaking dawn and now i am looking forward to watch Mission impossible..

boo
    Participant

@Bolly_Lover wrote:

I also want to go clubbing in India.. I wonder if the DJs play Indian/Bollywood music (or pun music in Punjab). I’m also curious about the drink specials.. Mango lassi vodka? Bailey’s and masala chai? :S Lol that would be interesting!!!!

hahahaha that cracked me up!!! I know drinks in metropolitan cities are EXPENSIVE (take it from a tried-and-tested-visiting-Mumbaikar)… if you want something good that is. not sure about the ‘desi daaru’.. always been meaning to try it :) :)

i have been told there’s a lot of Bollywood, which just excites me as nothing can keep me away from desi food and desi dancing :D

oh, and to keep on topic – BOL IS FANTASTIC. A MUST WATCH. AND I ONLY WATCHED THE PG-IN-FLIGHT-VERSION! It is so horrible and so painful and you feel actual hatred towards some of the characters then you look back and think, oh wow… is this movie THAT GOOD that i got into all that?! It is so beautiful. I can’t even say any more than that, except it was a movie that needed to be made and is an important story to be told! :(

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.