Monday 15 September 2014

Last Movie and Next Movie

This topic contains 72 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  RaNi iS ThE BeS 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

YAY!!!!

boo
    Participant

So glad you liked Dhobi Ghat, I must remember to buy the DVD at some point…

I have seen NO movies of late. I watched Fashion yesterday, caught like the last 1.5 hours of it. It’s a very very good film. I first watched it on in-flight entertainment and so I kinda basically missed the whole PLOT of the movie… :roll: .. so when I was watching it with my sister yesterday, she had to explain the whole thing to me LOL. <3 Really enjoyed the movie, Priyanka ACTUALLY acted well, um, WHOA? :mrgreen:

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

I haven’t seen any movies in the past little while either. The last movie I watched was Dhobi Ghat.

Fashion was a good movie, I enjoyed it. I loved Kangana and Priyanka, I think they did a fantastic job in the movie. It was a different and refreshing concept :).

I wanna see Bridesmaids next I think.

boo
    Participant

I part-watched a movie called Angel in the Family… a Christmas tale about a long-dead mother returning back to life to spend one last Christmas with her family and ‘make everything right’ and it’s so sweet and touching and cheesy and lovely and cute. I’m all happy now!

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

I watched “Something Borrowed” today; it was a nice “chick-flick”. I’m curious about the books now, maybe a good summer read? I absolutely loveee Ginnifer Goodwin, loved her since “Mona Lisa Smile”.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

I watched “Something Borrowed” today; it was a nice “chick-flick”. I’m curious about the books now, maybe a good summer read? I absolutely loveee Ginnifer Goodwin, loved her since “Mona Lisa Smile”.

boo
    Participant

Ooh ain’t seen that. But I saw Life in a Metro. Again. It’s a lovely film and when I have that urge to ponder life and relationships, it is definitely DEFINITELY one of my go-tos. Along with Love Actually (for a more light-hearted view), Dhobi Ghat, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset… and hmm, there are so many more, I just can’t think of them! Salaam-E-Ishq can KIND of work, but it’s too masala ish maybe.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

I have a list of movies that I like watching whenever I feel like taking a break from everything: When Harry Met Sally, Maine Pyar Kiya, Mona Lisa Smile, The Devil Wears Prada, and so many more.. I need a break soon I think. Wish I could have a day to do nothing but watch movies and sleep. Maybe that would help me get over this stupid cold.. I find that if I don’t sleep properly for a couple weeks and work or study for too long, my immune system decides it must teach me a lesson by allowing evil organisms to proliferate, resulting in a terribly sore throat, a nagging cough, and a pounding headache. Gahh.. hate being sick.

boo
    Participant

@Bolly_Lover wrote:

I find that if I don’t sleep properly for a couple weeks and work or study for too long, my immune system decides it must teach me a lesson by allowing evil organisms to proliferate, resulting in a terribly sore throat, a nagging cough, and a pounding headache. Gahh.. hate being sick.

Firstly – you better be wrapping up warm and getting better soon!!! :( Hot drinks and leave a well-loved movie on in the background and study (that’s how I watched Life in a Metro), it makes it more bearable. :-)

And I TOTALLY know what you mean. Round exam time, my biggest fear is not that I don’t know the answers (I NEVER know the answers so it’s kinda… stopped being a fear, now it’s just a general habit…ment. Lmao. UP would kill me if she sees this, and she’d tell me to get back to work. :mrgreen: ), but that I will GET ILL :evil: and I DID :evil: Now I’m regretting ever having gotten ill as it chopped off 4 out of the 10-odd days I had to study!! ARGH :evil: And I think I’ve got another infection coming now, I can just feeeeeel it but I’m hoping to avoid facing it until tomorrow when the bulk of the exams are over.

Wish me luck guys! :(

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

Unfortunately, no sitting and watching movies for me just yet. I’ll be heading in to work in a few hours.. it’s gonna be a long night.

Lol, I’m sure you know more than you think boo, give yourself some credit. After hours of studying, some knowledge is bound to seep in! :wink: . Good luck with your exams hun, I’m sure you will do just great. Drink lots of fluids, and wash your hands!

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

I saw Bridesmaids the other night, an effin hilarious movie! I loved it. Just thinking about some scenes from the movie makes me laugh now. It was like the female version of Hangover. I recommend this movie to anyone who needs a good laugh!

Btw Boo, Sookie from Gilmore Girls is in the movie! She was great :)

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

So I saw “Delhi Belly” the other night. Do not recommend watching this movie with your parents – it will result in some awkward and embarrassing moments.

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

Some of the scenes in the movie were shocking (as it is still a “bollywood” movie), and its understandable why it was given an “A” (adults only) certificate. And while personally I think it could’ve been dialed down a little, I think it’s the artists/directors/crews/etc. vision and I respect it for what it is. It was a refreshing, but not groundbreaking movie.

boo
    Participant

The first 45 minutes or so of Delhi Belly I watched was a laugh riot and I loved it for that! How the content is handled is a lot more important than the obscene/vulgar nature of the content, IMO. It seemed to be handled well. Cannot wait for the DVD so I can watch the whole thing – hopefully uninterrupted. :P

I watched Tere Sang today. An old ish Bollywood movie about teenage pregnancy. It was actually decently handled and made, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Has anyone else seen it?

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

No Boo, I havent seen that movie, but I heard good stuff about it. Haven’t decided if I want to watch it or not? your thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.