• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Faith
      Participant

Hello! I’m hoping to choreograph a dance to the song Pyar Do Pyar Lo, originally from the film Jaanbaaz (and I believe just remade for a new film this year, with some different lyrics?).

If anyone could help me out with an English translation for the original song, it would be greatly appreciated. The YouTube link to the original song is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6okkhQzjc4.

Thank you so much! <3

RaNi iS ThE BeS
      Participant

Pyaar do. Pyaar lo.
      Give love. Take love.
      Ek to kam zindgaani, us se bhi kam hai javaani
      For one thing, this life is so short. Youth is even shorter than that.
      Jab tak josh mein javaani
      For as long as my youth is passionate*,
      jab tak Khoon mein ravaani
      For as long as there is ravaani** in my blood,
      mujhe hosh mein aane na do
      Don’t let me come to my senses.
      pyaar do pyaar lo
      pyaar do do, pyaar lo
      o… pyaar do, ho ho… pyaar lo

Noor-e-Khudaa bhi barse vahaaN par, pyaase milate hain do dil jahaaN par
      The light of God even showers upon the place where two thirsty hearts meet.
      zindagi se tumhen, jo bhi lamhaa mile
      Whatever moment you receive from life,
      use pyaar pe hi vaar do
      Sacrifice it on love.
      pyaar do pyaar lo
      pyaar do do, pyaar lo
      ek to kam zindgaani…

husn-o-ishq ke dam se zamaanaa, yahi haqeeqat hai baaqi fasaanaa
      The world lives on beauty and love. This is the truth, everything else is a tale.
      dilvaale jahaaN, hai jannat vahaaN
      Wherever the dilvaale*** are, heaven is there,
      jahaaN pyaar hi pyaar ho
      where there is love and only love
      pyaar do pyaar lo
      pyaar do do, pyaar lo
      ek to kam zindgaani…
      pyaar hi khuda, pyaar intahaa
      … Love is the limit.
      pyaar… bandagi, pyaar hi Khudaa
      Love is a form of worship, …

* ‘For as long as I am young, energetic, passionate.’ Or, as I like to think, ‘For as long as I am out of control.’
      ** I’m not sure what ‘ravaani’ means. It might mean ‘flow,’ like the flow of blood in your veins. Maybe she’s saying ‘for as long as my blood is flowing in my veins.’ :/
      *** ‘Dilvaale’, I think, can have different meanings. It can mean ‘the brave of heart,’ like courageous. Or, it can also mean ‘of the heart,’ meaning those people that fall in love; lovers. But I always took it literally, ‘those with hearts,’ meaning kind, generous people. So, take it as you like.

Faith
      Participant

Thank you so, so much!!!

I start teaching my class today, so this is perfect timing. I love to be able to tell my students what the song means so they can dance with more passion and intention.

Thanks again, I truly appreciate it 🙂

denownswarms
      Participant

In short its business of pyar, one side you have to give pyar and second side you have to get pyar. That is called Pyar Do Pyar Lo.

jaspertailor
      Participant

This is one my favourite hindi songs. You translate this song correctly and it is good that seeing this song in english lyrics. Thanks for discussing this song translation in this thread.

mikejack
      Participant

I love to listen to the songs. This is one my favourite hindi songs. You translate this song correctly and it is good that seeing this song in english lyrics. Thanks for discussing this song translation in this thread. listening songs lead to refresh mood and mind of a person,Songs are best for entertainment and for fun.

Anonymous
      Inactive

*** ‘Dilvaale’, I think, can have different meanings. It can mean ‘the brave of heart,’ like courageous. Or, it can also mean ‘of the heart,’ meaning those people that fall in love; lovers. But I always took it literally, ‘those with hearts,’ meaning kind, generous people. So, take it as you like.

________

rainwater harvesting
      2002 Toyota Camry AC Compressor

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anal sex film
      scarpe da tennis

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.