Thursday 18 December 2014

Book Recommendations

This topic contains 257 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Bolly_Lover 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 258 total)
  • Author

Mukesh
    Keymaster
    serioComic:

go easy on me???? pfffttttttttt….lame lame lame lame

u've got nothing. not now not ever. – who said I want anything ? Neva did, still dnt, never will want ANYTHING ….

serioComic
    Participant

4 x lame? thats all u have? i rest my case.

and can u pls stick w the topic?? sheessshhhh!!

Mukesh
    Keymaster
    serioComic:

4 x lame? thats all u have? i rest my case. – giving up already hey

and can u pls stick w the topic?? sheessshhhh!! Huh? okies, WAT are u harping about NOW ???

Khushi
    Participant

The God Of Small Things – Arundhati Roy.

I love this book. She magnifies the little things you register in your head but dont notice. Boo, esp you – you'd love this book!

boo
    Participant
    ~Khushi~:

I love this book. She magnifies the little things you register in your head but dont notice. Boo, esp you – you'd love this book!

I replied to this post a while ago, but looks like it didn't register it… oh well… here goes!

OMG – GMTA!!!!!!!!!!!! is all I can say, lol… I had started that book about a month/month and a half ago, but life has been pretty crazy and I haven't had a chance since then to just… sit down and read (with some instrumental music in the background and chocolate next to me… sigh.)…

I will get round to finishing this book one day… you know, i haven't forgotten the other book you wanted me to check out – how to know god by deepak chopra (see? Big Smile) a couple of weeks ago, I was in a bookshop (yes a rare event in itself since I rarely have freaking TIME to read books – and you know how I hate saying that, but it's true. Sad) and i was thinking about which books i was looking for… and i thought of you! went and asked if they had that book in stock, and they didn't but hey… i just *ping! khushi!*… Big Smile

Unique_Princess
    Participant
    ~Khushi~:

I should be reading this book in about two weeks, its on my reading list for my Post Colonial Literature class. My dad loves that book too Smile

I've read some excellent books on my postcolonial literature class, I'd especially recommend Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

and Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe. Nervous Conditions – Tsitsi Dangaremgba (there's also a sequel called The Book Of Not, but im yet to read it). If you're looking for theory then Black Skin White Masks is a really good read.

Other books worth reading: Memoirs of a Geisha (much better than the film, read book first!!). A Child Called It…

nitzah
    Participant

Robin Sharma = The monk who sold his ferrari

A good read to find inner peace.

Mukesh
    Keymaster

I'd especially recommend Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Sounds South African??? hmmm will check it out

and Things Fall Apart – Chinua Achebe. - YEP KNEW THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR – lets see, 8th grade…one of my English Setbooks..

Jeez, this is many many years ….Hey Tayba, give me a summary on this please…am trying to recall what it was about…just fails me …

Nervous Conditions – Tsitsi Dangaremgba (there's also a sequel called The Book Of Not, but im yet to read it). okies am sure this is a South African Author, am I right Tayba???

If you're looking for theory then Black Skin White Masks is a really good read.

Other books worth reading: Memoirs of a Geisha (much better than the film, read book first!!). A Child Called It…

tnx…all above looks like set books to me…nevertheless will still check em out…

Mukesh
    Keymaster

okies…just completed a novel called

“till death do us part”

by

Gloria Murphy

its actually a dull boring, boring boring …dulllllllll novel

sooo ignore above…not recommendable..hahaha

ramz89
    Participant

Does my head look big in this?-Randa Abdel- Fattah (I know for a fact that no one has read it coz I made a thread to comment on it and no one replied:P) The orientation of the book is teenage-style but you'll find the author has just cleverly structured her take on difficult-to-express issues.

Dan Brown…his little collection of books…I've only read “The Da Vinci Code' and 'Angels and Demons' but i've heard great reviews about 'Digital Fortress'. Another book of his is 'Deception Point' if anyone wants to check that out and feedback to us:D He uses a similar style throughout his books so if you like one, you'll like them all Wink

Mukesh
    Keymaster
    ramz89:

Does my head look big in this?-Randa Abdel- Fattah (I know for a fact that no one has read it coz I made a thread to comment on it and no one replied:P) The orientation of the book is teenage-style but you'll find the author has just cleverly structured her take on difficult-to-express issues.

Dan Brown…his little collection of books…I've only read “The Da Vinci Code' and 'Angels and Demons' but i've heard great reviews about 'Digital Fortress'. Another book of his is 'Deception Point' if anyone wants to check that out and feedback to us:D He uses a similar style throughout his books so if you like one, you'll like them all Wink

oooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy already,

I promise I will read this book, even if I dnt find it interesting…aaaaaaand I am going to write a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnng indepth review on it

Jus for ye Ramz…

Dan Brown????? Jeez dats a very plain name hey —well for an author…

Am still to watch the Movie, da vinci code…is this any good, has anyone read it ??? errr watched it???

lemme know …

ramz89
    Participant

yayy great stuff scarface!

Ive read the da vinci code, i thought the book was amazing, the film has nothing on the book so pleej pleej pleej do urself a favour and read the book before you watch the film!!

Mukesh
    Keymaster
    ramz89:

yayy great stuff scarface!

Ive read the da vinci code, i thought the book was amazing, the film has nothing on the book so pleej pleej pleej do urself a favour and read the book before you watch the film!!

Hehehehe..oh now I will have to get a : TO READ LIST ;-)

no need to convince me hun, now….errrr damn,my memory just fails me today…..completely forgot what i wanted to say…

anymore suggestions are welcome, am actually going to get a list done for sure….

will even read those books Nitzkar had recommended…aaaaand yeah will get sum reviews done on this thread…

Hayliehayati
    Participant

anything by Chuck Palahnuik

Invisible Monsters and Survivior are probably my favorites.

( i wanted to say something else but i forgot oh well)

Nosyira
    Participant
    haniirani:
    Scar face:

Okay, heres my suggestions:

1. Search some lady called BANNERJI – mistress of spices, read the book …absolutely loved it…romantic, mystical, beautiful novel…didn’t get to watch the movie yet, hope it does justice….

Oh great! We have a common book there! Anyway, it's by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni. Big Smile

Has anybody read anything by paulo coelho? I really enjoyed reading The Zahir.

And still have not gotten around to reading another by him, The Alchemist.

I've read Mistress of Spices twice, and won't mind reading it again!
    Yes, Chitra beautifully blends together the chills of reality with rich imagination. I enjoyed it.

I've read The Zahir too. It revolves around love, life, happiness, marriage. Very thought provoking.
    It's about a husband searching for his wife, who has disappeared, in the world full of possibilities.
    It leads him to discover nature of love, power of destiny, and what it means to follow his heart.

What do you think of these books, haniirani?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.