Saturday 22 November 2014

Book Recommendations

This topic contains 257 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Bolly_Lover 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 256 through 258 (of 258 total)
  • Author

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

So I started watching the first season of A Game of Thrones. It’s so weird. I don’t know if I like it or not. I doesn’t seem like my kind of TV show. It’s so scattered, at least in the novel it made more sense. In the show, everything is so all over the place, so jumpy.

The show has been nominated for so many awards though.. does that mean it has to be good and I’m just not watching it right? lol. No clue. Fact is, I’m not really enjoying it. Now I am debating whether I should finish watching the rest of the season, or forgetting it and stop wasting my time. Time I could be doing more important things.

Anyone else watch it or heard anything about it??

scarface
    Participant

I knw someone recommended The Hunger games a while back

I recently read them, non-stop, absolutely LOVE the book and some of the characters

Peeta being my fav of coz:)

bought a ton of books, just havent had time to read lately
    so not much else to suggest at the mo’

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

I know how you feel! I bought so many books recently, and just don’t have the time to read them all. It makes me sad :(

Btw, I just finished reading “Cutting for Stone” by Abraham Verghese, and OMG it’s an amazing book! It took me a couple days to get into it, but then I couldn’t put it down. He is such a good writer, and the concept/basic premise of the book is really interesting as well. It’s filled with everything you could want – drama, lies, love, betrayal, loss, tenderness.

If you guys have some time and are looking for a good book, check this out for sure!

Viewing 3 posts - 256 through 258 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.