Friday 21 November 2014

Book Recommendations

This topic contains 257 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Bolly_Lover 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 258 total)
  • Author

haniirani
    Participant

I thought we can start a thread on books!

Then maybe we can share and maybe discuss our thoughts and views on books read!

Big Smile

Mukesh
    Keymaster

Gr8 idea …am not sure if ther'll be many interested but ye can count me in….Big Smile

errr except If I do any reviews, will probably spoil the plot by giving away too much Winkhehehehe

….how to begin>>> okies Huh?

1.I recently read a novel by James Patterson, called London Bridges…..its a suspense/thriller, crime solving …page turner….loved it !!!!! one of his better novels…

Suggest u read it…then we can have a good ol discussion ..watye say ??

Maybe we should have a format that can be followed, will check with my fwend who does have a book club and get back with sum ideas….Big Smile

cheerz

Bolly_Lover
    Participant

wow this is a really cool idea!! =)

i just finished my exams for this semester and am hoping to get some reading done, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me knw!

Mukesh
    Keymaster

tonz of suggestions

am a bietlie busy now, will b back ltr

watch dis space

:-)

nitzah
    Participant

Jansen Directive by Robert Ludlum
    If you like the series “24″ and the Bourne movies you’ll enjoy this book…lotsa twists and turns from the start…not as suspensful as James Patterson novels..but a good read !

Yemenilicious
    Participant

let's see. firstly, I have to say, I think i'm going to love this thread.

I just finished reading a book called “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom. it was recommended by a friend of mine. It's an easy read but has a great moral to it. I recommend that u read it as well.

“The Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger is also pretty good. Smile

nitzah
    Participant

wow…u can read ?? join the circus !! ppl will pay to watch some tricks !!

Yemenilicious
    Participant

how come i knew ur reply to this..ur lame!! why don't share some good books with us pleej?

serioComic
    Participant

Yemenilicious:
    how come i knew ur reply to this..ur lame!! why don't share some good books with us pleej?

awwwww…come on dude. she wants u to share things with her ;)

Yemenilicious
    Participant

u know what dude! take this outside this thread!..don't take it anywhere at all actually. I love books! theyre my best friends Smile. U have good books to share..then share em..else go mess w/ ppl outta here! baha Big Smile

Mukesh
    Keymaster

Okay, heres my suggestions:

1. James Patterson – crime, suspense, thriller, keeps u on the edge of yr seat ( so to speak ) writer…..have read most of his novels and think they are fabulous reads

1. Jeffrey Deaver – crime, suspense, thriller… obviously has his own technique in keeping readers engrossed with his novels…also read most of his novels…

1. Dean Koontz – horror, horror, horror, if ur into being scared shitless, read his novels…I cant stomach most of what this dude comes up with but being a thrill seeker, I still read novels by Him occasionally

1. Una Mary Parker – okies have read sum of her novels, am not sure what category she falls under…but u can check out her novels

1. Mary Higgins Clark – the dame with flare for suspense, crime… read almost all her novels, a bit monotonous – but keeps me entertained…so if ur interested, take out a book by her…

1. Catherine Cookson – My all time favourite author, more a drama, family orientated novelist, very emotional at times but seeing as I read 95% of all her novels, I guess no harm in recommendation.

1. Catrin Collier –

nitzah
    Participant
    Yemenilicious:
    I love books! theyre my best friends Smile.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahhahahaha !! oh man…i…cant…even…top….that….!! ROFL

Yemenilicious
    Participant

yeah, i knew ur reply to that also Smile don't choke now!

nitzah
    Participant

i’ll try not to !!

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant
    Scar face:
    1. The devil wears Pradacan’t remember the author, just thought I’d mention it coz I know the movie is out…very disappointing, suggest one reads the book instead…. Career orientated women;-) …forsake ALL, even love for yr career?? !!!

The devil wears Parda? Interesting…Thanks for suggesting it!

Ninja – Catcher in the rye is a really good book, I liked it too!

You guys should read Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 258 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.