December 20, 2006 at 1:41 pm #7214
I thought we can start a thread on books!
Then maybe we can share and maybe discuss our thoughts and views on books read!December 20, 2006 at 3:40 pm #57707
Gr8 idea …am not sure if ther'll be many interested but ye can count me in….
errr except If I do any reviews, will probably spoil the plot by giving away too much hehehehe
….how to begin>>> okies
1.I recently read a novel by James Patterson, called London Bridges…..its a suspense/thriller, crime solving …page turner….loved it !!!!! one of his better novels…
Suggest u read it…then we can have a good ol discussion ..watye say ??
Maybe we should have a format that can be followed, will check with my fwend who does have a book club and get back with sum ideas….
cheerzDecember 20, 2006 at 11:10 pm #57708
wow this is a really cool idea!! =)
i just finished my exams for this semester and am hoping to get some reading done, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me knw!December 22, 2006 at 6:42 am #57709
tonz of suggestions
am a bietlie busy now, will b back ltr
watch dis spaceDecember 22, 2006 at 6:53 am #57710
Jansen Directive by Robert Ludlum
If you like the series “24” and the Bourne movies you’ll enjoy this book…lotsa twists and turns from the start…not as suspensful as James Patterson novels..but a good read !December 22, 2006 at 8:58 am #57711
let's see. firstly, I have to say, I think i'm going to love this thread.
I just finished reading a book called “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom. it was recommended by a friend of mine. It's an easy read but has a great moral to it. I recommend that u read it as well.
“The Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger is also pretty good.December 22, 2006 at 9:09 am #57712
wow…u can read ?? join the circus !! ppl will pay to watch some tricks !!December 22, 2006 at 9:19 am #57713
how come i knew ur reply to this..ur lame!! why don't share some good books with us pleej?December 22, 2006 at 9:29 am #57714
serioComicParticipantYemenilicious:how come i knew ur reply to this..ur lame!! why don't share some good books with us pleej?
awwwww…come on dude. she wants u to share things with her 😉December 22, 2006 at 9:33 am #57715
u know what dude! take this outside this thread!..don't take it anywhere at all actually. I love books! theyre my best friends . U have good books to share..then share em..else go mess w/ ppl outta here! bahaDecember 22, 2006 at 9:36 am #57716
Okay, heres my suggestions:
- James Patterson – crime, suspense, thriller, keeps u on the edge of yr seat ( so to speak ) writer…..have read most of his novels and think they are fabulous reads
- Jeffrey Deaver – crime, suspense, thriller… obviously has his own technique in keeping readers engrossed with his novels…also read most of his novels…
- Dean Koontz – horror, horror, horror, if ur into being scared shitless, read his novels…I cant stomach most of what this dude comes up with but being a thrill seeker, I still read novels by Him occasionally
- Una Mary Parker – okies have read sum of her novels, am not sure what category she falls under…but u can check out her novels
- Mary Higgins Clark – the dame with flare for suspense, crime… read almost all her novels, a bit monotonous – but keeps me entertained…so if ur interested, take out a book by her…
- Catherine Cookson – My all time favourite author, more a drama, family orientated novelist, very emotional at times but seeing as I read 95% of all her novels, I guess no harm in recommendation.
December 22, 2006 at 9:36 am #57717Yemenilicious:I love books! theyre my best friends .
- Catrin Collier –
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahhahahaha !! oh man…i…cant…even…top….that….!! ROFLDecember 22, 2006 at 9:38 am #57718
yeah, i knew ur reply to that also don't choke now!December 22, 2006 at 9:43 am #57719
i’ll try not to !!December 23, 2006 at 3:07 am #57720
RaNi iS ThE BeSParticipantScar face:
- The devil wears Prada – can’t remember the author, just thought I’d mention it coz I know the movie is out…very disappointing, suggest one reads the book instead…. Career orientated women… 😉 …forsake ALL, even love for yr career?? !!!
The devil wears Parda? Interesting…Thanks for suggesting it!
Ninja – Catcher in the rye is a really good book, I liked it too!
You guys should read Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.