Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Thought…

This topic contains 435 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Bolly_Lover 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 436 total)
  • Author

boo
    Participant

Maizara:
    Boo, thanks for the welcome. Smile It is no fuss or hassle.
    Only that, honest opinions do not mean to use 'inappropriate' words that may be perceived as quite 'impolite'.
    But glad to see you've edited it to avoid any misinterpretation. Smile

I have to agree with whatever seriocomic says.

Honest opinions have no intention whatsoever of hurting or being insensitive towards ANY individual, but are thoughts that are stripped of any layers, and deal with the issue, stark naked.

Whether it is done so using 'inappropriate' words that may be perceived as 'impolite' or not is not the issue in my opinion.

Some honest thoughts may offend other people, or to use your words may seem 'impolite' to other people, but if that's the nature of those thoughts, then that's the nature of those thoughts… Smile

boo
    Participant

Maizara:

Exactly my thought.. If healthy, ppl shouldn't be called or classified as 'fool' or 'sheep'.

To ALL (not just Maizara, whom I've quoted lol):

I am not directing my usage of the word 'sheep' towards ANY individual at all, I am not classifying (accusing, even? If that was how it may have sounded to anyone… that is NOT my intention at all!)… rather I was using that word metaphorically, to show a way of lifestyle. The way a religious way of life is, to me reminded me of sheep in a field (Silence of the Lambs anyone? lol).

Had I written it at a different time, it could well have been anything else – like the machines in a factory, or… or… goodness knows! Anything. Please don't feel offended by that. It was not meant to offend but to show how I perceived religion… like a little cartoon using words…

The last thing I want to do is to be cruel to, or point fingers at, ANYONE religious. I do not for a moment mean to treat condescendingly anyone who is religious, because that is a very nasty thing to do. To see someone as 'lower' for any reason, let alone regarding their religious beliefs. If that is how my words seem to any of you, I am truly sorry. Let me know what it is I have said and I may change my wording.

Of course, that is not to say every religious practice is like a sheep being shepherded around. If the people WANT TO do what their religion is asking them to do, then that is fair enough. That is their choice entirely, and though I don't agree with it, I can respect it. But it is when they do so without any thought, those moments when they simply accept that this is what they are going to do, because their religion says so… that is what irks me most about religion. That it kills that spirit to question. To see things with an open mind, and understand that there may be another viewpoint, too.

If at the end of the day, you are choosing to do what you are doing because you yourself have used your own logic and instincts, then fair enough. That is what I did. And there was no logic behind religion for me, and my instincts disagreed with it. So I lef

Khushi
    Participant

See I think the notion of religion being a debatable issue which somewhat 'clashes' with atheism when It says “thou shalt not” in its literal form i.e. the Bible etc. I mean, religion is dedication. Dedication is only dedication when carried out with passion, will, belief in/on it. But I think the way its preached is causing the problems in the way it is perceived by society, especially the modern world where technology has overpowered our vision. What I mean by dedication… for example, If an artist is not appreciated by society and people, told that he is useless. Does that mean he should stop following his passion? Can religion not be a passion? Passion is free, but it has rules which are personalised. Why cant rules in religion be personalized, but yet not abuse the very existence of religion? I mean, I am a Hindu but I dont believe in neither the 'cast' system, nor the 'untouchables' and (…this one might make the boys cringe, but i really disagree with it) not being able to go to temple just because women go through menstruation and so arent 'clean'. This are issues created by authoritative figures which have nothing to do with religion. I think most of these sort of rules preach prejudice. Which religion says love is wrong? NONE. Which religion says loving someone who is of a different religion/race or even nationality/breed is wrong? MOST. Why? Which case is religion standing for here? Love or Division? God definitely never in any form denied humans to loving someone of a different existence what so ever. If he’s created people of a different colour, faith or “background” and has also created free love, then whats the problem? Again the preaching.

Religion and God for me are two different things. I have 100% faith in God. Why, you might ask. Because I cannot ignore the fact that the sun rises every morning and sets every evening. A child is born everyday, a life is created every day and a life leaves everyday. How can such HUGE issues are stated as ‘by chance’ by some people, I don’t know. Again, as boo said this is an open discussion not aimed to hurt anyone. Religion is the WAY a GROUP of people wish to contact God. Some people do it via meditation. Group prayers are thought by some as powerful and moving, to themselves. But neither has superior than each other. Therefore, no religion is superior either. You can connect with God in which ever way possible.

I see and feel God in nature. And in its beauty I see his vision and his love. [the usual usage of most religions to see God as a ‘he’ is something much easier to say in English. By no means do I think God has a gender. He/She/ Divine is fine with me]

Yes things go wrong, yes people die, yes innocent lives are lost – but who are you to judge that all of this has no meaning? On what basis can you blame God for this when your vision is only in the span of about 80 yrs average? A lifetime is not enough to see the graph of ‘Life’. That is why time is inconquerable. We are

boo
    Participant

Your words come straight from the heart Khushi… it's impossible not to be pulled in by them… :)

Am Rani
    Participant
    RaNi iS ThE BeS:
    Am Rani:
    Example: My best friend used to have a boyfriend, years ago. We were pretty young, but she really love him at that moment, so she decide to sleep with him. After a long time, the relationship ended..

In most religions, she's “damned”. if she wants to become christian (she's an atheist as well),she should feel sorry for what she did, and she should suffer from that for th rest of her life and beyond.

But at the moment she really loved that boy, she only loved him, and the relationship felt right. Who is God than to say she did something wrong?? It's up to her to decide if she has to feel sorry about it or not. She has to face herself, and if she's ok with herself, than it's fine..

Who is God to say she did something wrong? God, of course. Smile

Why does it always come down to s.e.x? Why do people want to have s.e.x so badly before they are married? What if your relationship doesn't work out? Then you go and find another guy, and sleep with him as well…Then, if that doesn't work out either, you find another guy, and if that doesn't work out either, NEXT! I mean, Come on! Imagine how many people you sleep with! It's completely disgusting if you ask me. But if you're okay with that, then hey, it doesn't make a difference to me. But think about AIDS…

Rani, I did not mean you should just sleep around with everyone, hop from one bed to another!! Of course not!! What do you take me for???? I was talking about serious relationships, not that one should sleep with every boy she talks 2!! If you are with a guy, and you feel he's the one for you, and he feels like you are the one for him, and you realy love eachother, I don't think s.e.x is a bad thing. If, after years, the relationship turns out to be not right, in my opinion, you don't have to feel sorry about the s.e.x. At the moment you were together, if felt like it would be forever. When you get married, it's not garanteed either that you wil stay together for always, right?? (But that depends on culture, I know how Afghans think about divorce). If you meet another guy later, and with him, it feels like it will be for life as well, why not have s.e.x? As you love him at the moment it happens, I don't think it's bad, and I don't think you have to feel sorry about it.

And again, I don't agree with sleeping with a guy which you met in a bar or something, just for one night. I'm really talking about serious relationships, when you fall in love with someone, you shoudl wait some time, to see which way the relationship is going. I don't mean you should sleep with a guy, just because he seems nice.. Please don't think I'm the kind of girl who sleeps around, because I'm not…

And about aids…Think about condoms…

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

Am Rani ji- I know you didn't mean people should sleep around with everyone, but in general, many people do that. I don't know, maybe you think it's okay to do that before marriage, but I truly don't think it is okay. Even if you both truly love each other. And if you do love each other so much, why hop into bed? why no wait till u get married? Unless you don't want to get married…but if u love someone so much, won't u wan't to spend ur life wiht him/her? ah I dunnoe, people have different views on that.

Afghan, or not, divorce is something I hope never happens to me or anyone else. People take it so lightly, one little fight and the girl decides to leave or the husband kicks her out. I know it doesn't happen a lot…but i dunnoe, maybe it's just in America that people get divorced every minute! Marriage is a lifetime commitment, don't ruin it by divorce. And I love my Afghani culture for not taking divorce lightly. Smile You should only get a divorce if you absolutley and truly need it.

condoms, hunny? I hope you know that those things don't always work…

boo
    Participant
    RaNi iS ThE BeS:

*snort* This cracked me up… boyyyy I wish I could have seen Am Rani ji's face when she reads this… sigh…

Big Smile

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

lmao! Anything would crack u up ji!

and ohmy! “I wish I could have seen Am Rani ji's face when she reads this…”

Shouldn't it be, “I wish i could see Am Rani ji's face when she reads this”?

*angelic smile*

Am Rani
    Participant
    boo:
    RaNi iS ThE BeS:

*snort* This cracked me up… boyyyy I wish I could have seen Am Rani ji's face when she reads this… sigh…

Big Smile

Hahaha, you should have seen a smile on it… I know you didn't mean to be funny, Raniji, but it sounded SO sweet Wink And a bit funny, to be honest, haha.(Really, I'm not laughing at you)

And yes, I do know about condoms. I grew up in the Netherlands, where having s.e.x before marriage is completely accepted (so is living together without being married, having children withour being married, and two men/women getting married), so I'm very aware of the risk s.e.x might bring, and how to protect myself. But, as I said, I'm not someone who sleeps around. I don't believe in s.e.x. without love, and as you know I have no boyfriend… Wink

Shakalaka Baby
    Participant

Am Rani:

I grew up in the Netherlands, where having s.e.x before marriage is completely accepted (so is living together without being married, having children withour being married, and two men/women getting married)

Hey Am Rani ji, you made us Dutchies sound like we don't have any sense of standards… I know you don't mean it that way, but since the Netherlands is well known in the world as a country where everything is possible already, you shouldn't encourage it Wink Maybe Rani and Boo will think we smoke marihuana and stuff too now (when I wrote this I was thinking: Do you actually smoke marihuana? Hahaha, you see, I'm not a true Dutchie.. lol Stick out tongue)… Wink

serioComic
    Participant

we have choices. some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. thats what it means to live free

Khushi
    Participant

A man with very few words!

serioComic
    Participant

a woman with equally short reply

Mukesh
    Keymaster

And about aids…Think about condoms… …

Condoms, , omw hon, u knw it just occurred to me that I actually DON’T have a clue on HOW to use one hehehehe, honestly, I never really thought it mattered much until u mentioned this !!!

With sex crimes at its peak, guess I should advise my fwends as well to become more errrrr “learned” in this” field”….a mini project sorta thing, anyways, thanks for bringing it up hey….

Am Rani ji- I know you didn't mean people should sleep around with everyone, but in general, many people do that. I don't know, maybe you think it's okay to do that before marriage, but I truly don't think it is okay. Even if you both truly love each other. And if you do love each other so much, why hop into bed? Y indeed !!!! why no wait till u get married? Because we r humans, and have sexual needs/cravings and sometimes we don’t have enough willpower to sustain this craving until marriage. Just a way of life for many many people…. Unless you don't want to get married…but if u love someone so much, won't u wan't to spend ur life wiht him/her? Yep!! ah I dunnoe, people have different views on that !!!

Afghan, or not, divorce is something I hope never happens to me or anyone else. People take it so lightly, one little fight and the girl decides to leave or the husband kicks her out. I know it doesn't happen a lot…..its does, DIVORCE is like the in thing at the moment. but i dunnoe, maybe it's just in America that people get divorced every minute! Wrong again, it’s the norm everywhere ….Marriage is a lifetime commitment, don't ruin it by divorce…. Hugs to you for saying what I feel ;-) And I love my Afghani culture for not taking divorce lightly. You should only get a divorce if you absolutley and truly need it. … Agree again!!!

condoms, hunny? I hope you know that those things don't always work… IT doesn’t??? Damn!!!

And off coz save the best for last:

we have choices. some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. th

boo
    Participant
    Scar face:

1. why no wait till u get married? Because we r humans, and have sexual needs/cravings and sometimes we don’t have enough willpower to sustain this craving until marriage. Just a way of life for many many people….

2. we have choices. some people like to stand in the rain without an umbrella. that’s what it means to live free

LMAO, CANT STOP LAFFIN AT THIS…..am jus going to shut up an NOT pass a comment on this one; with all the willpower I have ….but still Lmao……. Now every time it rains, it will bring me back to this statement.

1. you know, i agree with you scar face… Smile all i have to say on this is a quote i once read:

Some people see things and ask, “Why?”. I see things and ask, “Why not?”

Why is the most natural expression of love considered 'wrong' until after marriage?

2. I LOVE the rain… Big Smile and i hate umberellas… you do the math lol… i found oreo ji's statement intriguing…

I don't get what oreo ji is trying to say hmmm… if he's trying to say anything at all…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.