Thursday 20 November 2014

A Thought…

This topic contains 435 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Bolly_Lover 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 436 total)
  • Author

vchenoah
    Participant
    boo:

And as for the fool, since it seems to be causing such hassles, i shall go and rephrase what i said… what i said made sense to me, and it was wrong of me to assume it would make sense to everyone else, too…

these are simply my honest, blunt, bare thoughts… but i will edit if it causes too much fuss.

Smile

No hassle Boo…was just as observation.

I personally don't think you meant it the way it sounded, but it could be misinterpreted.

You've been on this forum long enough to know that an opinion is an opinion. You are also quick to come to the point of a matter should you not understand. So please, don't find offense where none was intended.

For the record, I'm quite enjoying the posts here…

boo
    Participant

me too. i really am… will we be hearing any of your thoughts on this thread Ma'am?

vchenoah
    Participant

I'm gonna have to answer no for this one Boo! Smile

I will say this though, it's really good to see you peeking out of ur shell for a change! Keep roaring!

boo
    Participant
    Scar face:

Firstly Boo, admitting u are an atheist, takes courage and is admirable

I never openly admitted to being an Atheist – this would have been a total disaster hehehehe…

Well um… don't know what to make of this sentence! lol… depends which way you are seeing it, i guess. for some, it will be a 'brave' thing to do, for others it is as simple as admitting to any other religion… for me it was the latter… so i never felt that what i was doing required courage, or was an admirable thing to do… it was what i WANTED to do, and i was 'never' forced otherwise, therefore… in my eyes, i don't agree that it takes courage or is admirable… Smile

Haha… I can somewhat relate to this sentence… really… only my immediate family know about my atheist beliefs… everyone else seems to think I am still a Whatever-My-Religion-Is Stick out tongue… although i guess maybe deep down somewhere, they know that i am an atheist, they just want to forget that fact… and one member of my family (whom I love DEARLY) is still trying to get me to pray… sigh…

Khushi
    Participant

Boo I recommend you read this book How To Know God By Deepak Chopra, very interesting read.

Lol, it reminded me of you when I found it on my shelf. The tag reads ” The Soul's Journey Into The Mystery Of Mysteries”

boo
    Participant

awww…. sweet yaar…

you know, I haven't heard of this book… needless to say, I will check it out… Smile

Khushi
    Participant

Im sure you'll like it – Id love to discuss it with you sometime after you've read it.

serioComic
    Participant

more often than not, religion and eventually GOD has always been the first to be blamed for everything and anything. the moment something doesnt go our way, we blame religion. the moment we are put thru a test that we feel we dont deserve, we blame GOD. things like 'if GOD exist, then HE wouldnt do this to me', 'if GOD loves me HE shouldnt do this to me' are commonly said. why? why do we always put the blame on GOD and religion when things doesnt go our way? we are quick to point fingers at GOD when something bad happens but do we thank HIM enough for the food that is on our table everyday? for the house that we are staying? for the air that we are breathing??? for the job that we have?? for the family that we have??

why do we say that theres soo many rules and condition to religion and somehow it restricts our freedom, our views on things, etc? why is it that u can follow human rules without questioning it so much but when it comes to GOD rules u question forever and ever? if u have to come in to school/uni/work at 8am, u will do that. u dont say 'aahh..these people are restricting my freedom. they dont understand me. im like a sheep being herd and all that nonsense'. u just follow it, day in day out. but when it comes to GOD rules, u say that. why is that?

my conclusion is….we want to follow religion and believe in GOD only when things are going our way. The moment things dont go our way, we blame religion and GOD and say that the rules are stupid and doesnt make sense and we eventually lose faith in GOD and that is when people stop believing that GOD exist. we have this thinking that the religion should fit our lifestyle and not the other way round. but it doesnt work that way. religion doesnt change for anyone. u have to change yourself to fit the religion. if u cant accept it, then dont blame the religion and say its rules are stupid and doesnt make sense, etc. accept the fact that U cant change to fit the religion.

religion is a guide on how to lead yr life. if u find it restrictive to yr freedom, yr lifestyle, etc then by all means stop practicing it. thats entirely yr decision. but stop blaming religion when u have lost faith in it or when things dont go yr way.

Maizara
    Participant

Boo, thanks for the welcome. Smile It is no fuss or hassle.
    Only that, honest opinions do not mean to use 'inappropriate' words that may be perceived as quite 'impolite'.
    But glad to see you've edited it to avoid any misinterpretation. Smile

I have to agree with whatever seriocomic says.

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant

Am Rani:
    As I see how “limited” people who believe in God can think… Not all of them of course, but some always say “because” if you ask them questions about life, and everyhing that has to do with it.

I highly dissagree. When I ask an athiest why he/she doesn't believe in God, they always say, “Because there is no proof of God.” What kind of answer is that? Of course there is proof.

Am Rani:
    It's hard for me to believe in a God. When something really bad happens to me, I just can't say: It's Gods will, and than go on with my life. I sometime admire people who can, but it does not work for me.

I understand that it may be diffcult for you, but read serio's second post. Smile

Am Rani:
    I don't want to say I'm an atheist, definately not, but most of the time, I don't really feel a need to have any religion in my life. Most of the time I think as human beings, we have enough brains en sensibilaty, to see what's right and wrong.

It all comes down to who gave you that brain.

Am Rani:
    Example: My best friend used to have a boyfriend, years ago. We were pretty young, but she really love him at that moment, so she decide to sleep with him. After a long time, the relationship ended..

In most religions, she's “damned”. if she wants to become christian (she's an atheist as well),she should feel sorry for what she did, and she should suffer from that for th rest of her life and beyond.

But at the moment she really loved that boy, she only loved him, and the relationship felt right. Who is God than to say she did something wrong?? It's up to her to decide if she has to feel sorry about it or not. She has to face herself, and if she's ok with herself, than it's fine.. Who is God to say she did something wrong? God, of course. Smile

Why does it always come down to s.e.x? Why do people want to have s.e.x so badly before they are married? What if your relationship doesn't work out? Then you go and find another guy, and sleep with him as well…Then, if that doesn't work out either, you find another guy, and if that doesn't work out either, NEXT! I mean, Come on! Imagine how many people you sleep with! It's completely disgusting if you ask me. But if you're okay with that, then hey, it doesn't make a difference to me. But think about AIDS…

boo:
    The simple, pointless things… the ones that have nothing to do with ‘God’, but are simply the s h i t of society that people are expected to carry around with them… the idea of no s e x before marriage, for instance… . These have NOTHING whatsoever to do with having someone out there to look for for guidance and support (this being ‘God’, of course). THIS is what I am against.

These are not stupid or pointless hunny, and they have everything to do with God looking out for you. s.e.x before marriage may cause AIDS, and it has. Wearing a burkha protects a woman's beauty. If a guy wanted to rape a woman and he saw two woman all alone(w/e), an

boo
    Participant

Would you believe me if I said I understand where you’re coming from Oreo ji… I really do. I was the same when making the transition from religion to atheism, I blamed God for all the bad happenings in the world. Now I realise what a stupid argument that is… there is more to my atheism than just ‘Why would God do this to us?’ But there are some points I must stress…

As an atheist, i.e. NOW (if you remember, I used to have a religion – two in fact), I don’t blame God for everything that goes wrong. I blame it on human folly, and circumstances instead Big Smile no, jokes aside, I don’t blame religion or God. Because neither exist in my eyes, although when people say that God metaphorically exists in their hearts, I have no words to say back to them. Because there is one argument I can never argue against, what’s in your heart is in your heart, and no amount of rational thinking can take it out of your heart.

I don’t have double standards as an atheist… I still find that everything else is life is also restricting. But don’t you think religion and things such as getting to school/uni/work for a certain time are different things? (trust me, I have questioned these things too!) while religion is telling you how to BEHAVE, and no doubt society will do that too, to a certain extent, these things as taxes, timings, etc. are a system to keep the momentum going.

Imagine if people DIDN’T arrive to work on time… the reason why they ask you to come in at a certain time is so that it will allow everything else to run smoothly, i.e. for practical reasons. And I can find the reason behind that, the logic in that.

But religion? What reason does religion have to hide behind, for setting the rules that it does?

I still stick to my sheep theory (lol… I have a feeling this will need to be edited too… sigh…), because I feel we are following religion blindly. We don’t pause for a moment to consider that things could be different, and the different aspect of things is not so bad, in all honesty. When people ask why we are doing some things, religion-related, we say because that is what my religion says I must and must not do. And that reason irks me so much.

Whereas if we are asked why we, like sheep, follow the monotonous routine of life, we have specific reasons for it. Reasons that can be justified and make at least a little bit of sense.

And note: when I say ‘we’, I am ge

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant
    boo:
    I still stick to my sheep theory (lol… I have a feeling this will need to be edited too… sigh…), because I feel we are following religion blindly. We don’t pause for a moment to consider that things could be different, and the different aspect of things is not so bad, in all honesty. When people ask why we are doing some things, religion-related, we say because that is what my religion says I must and must not do. And that reason irks me so much.

If you ask me, you also have a religion, Boo. It's called Atheism, and to be an athiest, you must not believe in God. The rules that this religion has is that you get to make up your own rules. Do what you think is right and be ur own kind of God. Don't athiests follow their religion blindly? Do they “pause for a moment to consider that things could be different, and the different aspect of things is not so bad, in all honesty”? I understand that most athiests are usually born with a religion and when they decide they don't like religion, they become athiest, which, in my opinion, is also a religion. But you have to understand, not everyone who has a religion follow it blindly, thousands of people ask questions, that's why we have scholars. I ask so many questions too! I ask so that I can learn, and i do learn, and i also understand it as well. So I do not think I am following my religion blindly at all. My friend is also an athiest, one day I asked her why she doesn't believe in God. Know what she said? She said, “Because I am athiest.” Isn't that just like what you said? Instead of saying it is part of my religion, she said i'm athiest. In my opinion, atheism is a religion, Boo.

boo:

And as an atheist, the moment things don’t go my way, I don’t blame religion. Some things in life I do blame religion (not in my life, just general happenings in life) for, but when it comes to my life… as I said, I am the boss. I blame myself for doing things ‘wrong’, whatever they may be. Or I accept that the situation has put me in this position and try my best to rectify it. You blame yourself because you are the boss, in other words, God, of your life. So ur still blaming your religion, which is atheism. Don't you see? As an atheist, that is what you are supposed to do, and that is what you do! It's just like a religion…

Shakalaka Baby
    Participant

Serio… these are the first great and true words I've ever seen around here from you… I'm surprised!! Stick out tongue I couldn't agree with you more Serio, you're SO right!! Smile People like to blame someone for everything that goes wrong in this world, and so they blame God and religion, which isn't the right way to go in my opinion…

Shakalaka Baby
    Participant
    boo:

I don’t have double standards, is all I wanted to say. “you have to change yourself to fit religion” – what? Compromise on who you are, what you want to be, because religion asks you to do so? Needless to say, I completely disagree.

You don't HAVE to change yourself to fit in religion… When you choose to follow a religion – if it's Buddism, Christianity or the Islam – you do that because you believe in the things that religion stands for… You're not compromising on yourself because of your christianity or what religion you believe in… You choose for a religion because you feel comfortable in it and because it's the way you WANT to live…

I mean… I don't mind to go to church, I go because I want to… I don't mind to do nothing on Sunday, because I even don't want to (and it's just really relaxing too!! one day in the week you're really doing nothing, that's so relaxing!! Smile) and so on… You're just adjusting you're life because you feel that's the right way to go… And I don't mean adjusting because of what everyone says/the vicar or imam says, I mean adjusting to what you feel your religion tells you to do… And things you don't believe in, you automatically don't follow/do… Religion is not some regime, it's a way of life… And it's a way you CHOOSE to live…

RaNi iS ThE BeS
    Participant
    Shakalaka Baby:
    boo:

I don’t have double standards, is all I wanted to say. “you have to change yourself to fit religion” – what? Compromise on who you are, what you want to be, because religion asks you to do so? Needless to say, I completely disagree.

Religion is not some regime, it's a way of life… And it's a way you CHOOSE to live…

I agree!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.