Thursday 30 October 2014

A Thought…

This topic contains 435 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Bolly_Lover 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 436 total)
  • Author

boo
    Participant

What I write here are my honest views, and are not written with an intention to hurt ANYONE, in ANY WAY at all… if you have a problem with ANYTHING written here by ANYONE, please let me know…

I don't need a God in my life… I have myself and my own strength, my own beliefs, 'laws' about life that I abide by… ones that let me sleep without feeling guilty… I don't want to be another sheep being herded by the sheepdog Religion… there are some things that mean a lot to me, and my own beliefs and thoughts are one of them. I don't see any reason why I should compromise on them because someone else decides that 'God' is our boss… it seems rather foolish to me to impose a view which is not based on any facts at all, onto others… I am my own 'God', although I don't see myself as a God of my own life… I am the one who decides the rights and wrongs in my life. I need neither a holy book nor a set of ideas about life thrust upon me by ANYONE… family, friends, well-wishers…

And you know what? I love it. I love the freedom that comes with being an atheist. I love being able to see the world through my own eyes, and not a pair of lenses that have been given to me…

Feedback people… Smile

Am Rani
    Participant

I agree with you Boo. I do believe there if some sort of power, but I'm not brought up with the faith in God…

As I see how “limited” people who believe in God can think… Not all of them of course, but some always say “because” if you ask them questions about life, and everyhing that has to do with it.

It's hard for me to believe in a God. When something really bad happens to me, I just can't say: It's Gods will, and than go on with my life. I sometime admire people who can, but it does not work for me.

I don't want to say I'm an atheist, definately not, but most of the time, I don't really feel a need to have any religion in my life. Most of the time I think as human beings, we have enough brains en sensibilaty, to see what's right and wrong.

Example: My best friend used to have a boyfriend, years ago. We were pretty young, but she really love him at that moment, so she decide to sleep with him. After a long time, the relationship ended..

In most religions, she's “damned”. if she wants to become christian (she's an atheist as well),she should feel sorry for what she did, and she should suffer from that for th rest of her life and beyond.

But at the moment she really loved that boy, she only loved him, and the relationship felt right. Who is God than to say she did something wrong?? It's up to her to decide if she has to feel sorry about it or not. She has to face herself, and if she's ok with herself, than it's fine.

I hope you get my point a bit…

boo
    Participant
    Am Rani:

Example: My best friend used to have a boyfriend, years ago. We were pretty young, but she really love him at that moment, so she decide to sleep with him. After a long time, the relationship ended..

In most religions, she's “damned”. if she wants to become christian (she's an atheist as well),she should feel sorry for what she did, and she should suffer from that for th rest of her life and beyond.

But at the moment she really loved that boy, she only loved him, and the relationship felt right. Who is God than to say she did something wrong?? It's up to her to decide if she has to feel sorry about it or not. She has to face herself, and if she's ok with herself, than it's fine.

wow… you have said something which I did not post up in this thread… I am going to post it now… let me know what you think about it…

boo
    Participant

But there is no actual proof of God… and when people say that God is in their hearts, I simply cannot argue with that. Because feelings are crazy, illogical… they need neither rhyme nor reason to just… be. And if they want to keep ‘God’ in them, then they can do so… but what irks me is RELIGION. The idea of RELIGION itself… the idea that some individuals can create rules for other people to follow, and the ‘society’ following them. I don’t see anything ‘true’ (for want of a better word? ‘Pure’? I don’t know… I hope you get what I mean…) in that…Examples? The simple, pointless things… the ones that have nothing to do with ‘God’, but are simply the s h i t of society that people are expected to carry around with them… the idea of no s e x before marriage, for instance… . These have NOTHING whatsoever to do with having someone out there to look for for guidance and support (this being ‘God’, of course). THIS is what I am against.

Shakalaka Baby
    Participant

I also want to react to this thread, because I am religious… In my point of view I'm not limitated because I believe in God… And I do not also follow someone or something like a blind sheep… In church the societies sometimes control each other too much.. It's the same in my church, and I really don't believe in that… I believe in God, I respect what's in the Bible and it's a Guide for me throught life, but believing in God does not depands on the fact if you're wearing a skirt or a hat or whatever… It depands on what you feel in your heart and what you do…

I feel Gods love in my heart, eventhough something really bad happens… All the bad things came into this world because of us, the human beings, and God is watching over us.. That doesn't mean we can't get sick or die, but it means we have a Friend who stands by us no matter what… And he has a plan with us.. When God sometimes closes a door, He opens a window… I can believe in that, and it helps me through the rough times…

Once, when I was doubting my relationship, because I thought I was in love with someone else too, I asked God to show me the way and to show me for which guy I had to choose… Through different signs he showed me that I should stay together with my b/f and to really go for him, and not for the other person… Or when my b/f is away and I feel really sad, I pray to God if He can stand by me and make me feel better, and after a while I feel some peace coming over me and I'm feeling better… I do also believe God uses people for that… When I feel sad I can also come to a friend like Am Rani… I believe God has given me her and my other friends to get through the rough times on earth and to bring joy in my life… It's His way to make me happy…

And the guidelines, told in the ten demands, are just to guide you through this world and to make the world better, not to restrict you in life…

And about se.x before marriage… I really doubt about the fact if you can or can't do that… It says nowhere in the Bible that you can't, but also nowhere that you can (it only says you can be hoo.ker or something, but I think that's normal)… My b/f is very religious so he doesn't want to have se.x before marriage, but he says you can se.xually almost do everything, exept for IT before you get married… I don't think that's true… You can do OR nothing OR everything…

As you can see, I'm religious, but not traditional religious… I believe in God and I will follow Him wherever He may go (like they sing in Sister Act Wink), but I don't believe all the restrictions the church puts on religion… I think that's also a reason people do not go to church or believe in God… I mean, how can you believe in a loving God when you can't do anything in life?

serioComic
    Participant

deep discussion this is. treat it cautiously u must. different thinking everyone is. to each its own i say.

seek the truth u shall. find the answers u will.

boo
    Participant
    serioComic:

deep discussion this is. treat it cautiously u must. different thinking everyone is. to each its own i say.

seek the truth u shall. find the answers u will.

i don't think it is possible to find the answers to questions as big as these…

to each its own i say. - why of course… but there is nothing wrong with healthy discussion, is there? (healthy? jeezums i sound 90!!)

i doubt anything people say here will make other people change their minds… people will always think they're right and the other is wrong… lol

this is just argument for argument's sake… so we can see new ideas and grow with them… Smile

Shakalaka Baby
    Participant

It's not about right or wrong. It's about what we believe and why. It's not as if we're trying to convince one another, we're just talking about it… It's great, if I may say so! Smile Am Rani and I did this a lot when we were in the same class at school. We had a book where we were writing in about serious stuff. It's just cool to do this from time to time, and it makes you think about what is important for you and what you believe in. You learn more about yourself, and you can learn a lot from each other… That's great, isn't it? Smile

Shakalaka Baby
    Participant

And Serio, sometimes there are no answers to find… It's just that talking about serious stuff with other people will make you think more and let you look deep in your soul… You'll find yourself, but no answers…

boo
    Participant
    Shakalaka Baby:

And Serio, sometimes there are no answers to find… It's just that talking about serious stuff with other people will make you think more and let you look deep in your soul… You'll find yourself, but no answers…

wah wah wah… kya baat hai… Wink

vchenoah
    Participant

Healthy discussion is good for the mind.

Just be cautious with phraseology. It isn't wise calling someone who believes in God or a god a 'fool' and vice versa.

Maizara
    Participant
    vchenoah:

Just be cautious with phraseology. It isn't wise calling someone who believes in God or a god a 'fool' and vice versa.

Exactly my thought.. If healthy, ppl shouldn't be called or classified as 'fool' or 'sheep'.

boo
    Participant
    vchenoah:

Point noted. But as i said, these are my honest opinions…

boo
    Participant

Maizara: first of all, welcome to the forum!

It is not my fault I see people who do such things as sheep… not EVERYONE who is religious is a 'sheep', perhaps I wasn't too clear on that (and I apologise) but those who blindly do so without questioning seem like sheep to me.

And as for the fool, since it seems to be causing such hassles, i shall go and rephrase what i said… what i said made sense to me, and it was wrong of me to assume it would make sense to everyone else, too…

these are simply my honest, blunt, bare thoughts… but i will edit if it causes too much fuss.

Smile

boo
    Participant

there… edited… a lot more concise and still honest…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Opinions are closed.